Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5298643 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No I never did sign up for it JB, but I do still think about it.  LOL  Thanks for the info. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys. 69 here and 70 is supposed to be the high. Showing rain around noon here. I washed the camper yesterday afternoon and started buffing the driver's side. That side gets steady sun in the driveway and is started to discolor. The color restorer compound is doing and good job. But I usually use Nu- finish for waxing and it doesn't like that. Guess I will need to get some real wax and buff that in. Barry, in the email from the control board last week it said that Rainy and Namakan are getting into the normal ranges now. Said they were going to reduce the flow thru the dams. So that should help the river to come down some. Did you ever get signed up for the emails. Well the project list is long. But coffee first. Have a good one boys.
question.........maybe someone knows...........but what or how do they consider..normal water levels??????

for example......the cabin lake hasnt been at the same level for years when we first got the place back in 1965. even with all the rain this year.....its still not as high as it was back then  :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure about other lakes. But the lakes up here that are damned they monitor the lake levels all the time. There is supposed to be a minimum level and then the damns have to be shut down. On the control board web page it shows a graph with the high and low range and where the current level is at different places. It is a huge watershed that is being controlled. The US side is just a small fraction of it. Hope that makes sense.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure about other lakes. But the lakes up here that are damned they monitor the lake levels all the time. There is supposed to be a minimum level and then the damns have to be shut down. On the control board web page it shows a graph with the high and low range and where the current level is at different places. It is a huge watershed that is being controlled. The US side is just a small fraction of it. Hope that makes sense.
yep......clear as  mud!!!! :rotflmao: not really.  :happy1:

thing that popped out with your reply was the dam!!!!! :happy1: wonder about lakes that dont have them.......and i dont consider a beaver dam!!!! :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
As promised pictures from last nights kabobs. Wasn’t able to find the grilling thread.  :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I'm guessing they don't monitor many of the small lakes. Do you have any inlets or outlets on your lake?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I lucked out!!   all this talk about kabobs had me wanting some!!   I was given 2 chicken and 2 beef kabobs that are going on the grill today!!!!    Yippie!!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Those kabobs look great!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: All the talk about dams & water levels made me think about the dam at the paper mill in GR. I meant to post  :rolleyes: that when we were in town last Wednesday the flow there was as close to normal as I've seen it all year IMO.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I'm guessing they don't monitor many of the small lakes. Do you have any inlets or outlets on your lake?
yep

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG Markn.  When you do kabobs you do kabobs.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:   I looked at the store the other day for some premade ones but they only had all beef or all pork ones.  I have always made my own and they do sound great.  Markn you are the hero of the day!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Our waters are like most, inlets and outlets.  It's up to mother nature to replenish and she's done a splendid job this year, it would be a first not having to crank the dock up before yanking in the fall if this continues.  Dang Mark,  those kaboobs look awesome!!  :bow:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and heading for 72 today. There is a breeze off of the lake keeping the temp up. Inland it says it is 58. I took yesterday afternoon and pushed the dock out another 6 feet or so. Now that the lake is dropping some. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like rain for today, probably should gas up the mower....again, and get that ready to cut grass tomorrow. Also clean up the corn cooker and a cooler from this weekend. Time permitting I may move the reloader from the basement to the big garage and punch out a 100 rounds to make sure it works. Channel 5 has thunderstorms passing by to the South of us right now. oh well more coffee, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and only going to 65 today..  what a change..  lite rain and as Mark said most of the
storms are south of us..  got a few things done yesterday too..  need to lock in my winter fill of propane  this week.. 
they like dead lines..   have a good day all... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 58 @ 1st peek here & we're headed towards 72. The rain today is supposed to stay south of us . I wanted to mow a couple spots ~ 4 yday but it started to sprinkle, so I just did some trimming. Never did really rain but it looked like there was more behind it, so I called it off. Maybe today. :scratch: Had something come up so we're headed into DR early today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 53 when I got up and should see 75 today. We slept with the window open and it really cooled off last night. Good sleeping weather.  I may try to mow the ditch today as it needs some TLC.  They are burying us a new cable finally so mayhaps they will finish it today.  Hope so.  So I could lose cable temporarily for awhile whenever they do it.  Will still have cell coverage. Have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. A dab of precip overnite, .02" at the ranch & .01" in Bugtussle. Got the bulk of the lawn mowed late yesterday afternoon including El Capitan. Looks like the spray job on the pasture fence dumped the weeds as intended. Today, need to retrieve some rootworm beetle traps out of a couple cornfields & put new ones out. So far haven't been seeing much flying around so that's a good thing. A couple more sets to pull & replace tomorrow so that should keep me entertained. Better keep at 'er.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to town to get gas, stop at Menards and pay off a loan at the bank. After wearing shorts for the past two months it feels weird wearing jeans again.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......got a full 7 in today!!!!!! shees!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

thought i could take a full fledged dotch nap this afternoon wit the wet weather, but.....NOoooo remembered i got a cardilogist appt.  :pouty:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this morning and heading for 74. Got the grass all cut last night including in around all the little pine trees. That usually adds an extra hour. I usually do that about once a month. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 and heading to 75 today..   64 in the house...  foggy morning today..  what a day of
of rain yesterday..  we need a break for sure...  thinking today I'll get my winter propane contract
taken care of...  have a good day all!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So we had the window open last night but I got up and it is warm as heck in the house.  I forgot to turn off the electric baseboard heating in the front room.  LOL  Was 48 here this morning and should see 77 today.  Was great yesterday but got humid later on in the day.  I am going to take it easy today.  Maybe I can watch them put in the new cable line.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55 @ 1st peek here & we'll end up ~ 75, they're sayin. Made a run into the DR Clinic yday as my brother said he had trouble getting out of bed because his leg hurt so bad. They gave him a couple IV's & a week's script of antibiotics before he left. Still back here by about 11:30. Then I mowed for an hour or so yday afternoon. We had a few sprinkles after that but never enough to measure. Got a little chainsaw work in my sights for today & will go from there. Have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'm hoping to get back yard mowed today after a run to town. Front yard will be too wet yet. Friend of mine I bought the plazma cutter from would to use it so I'm dropping it off at his place today. A small kitten showed up yesterday at our place. Another orange one. Two of them is enough, don't need a third one. Anyone need a cat? its free. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang Gunner hope your bother is OK.. 

good luck finding a home for the kitten Mark!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike needs a cat and it is close.   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I still have your address!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
But a cat would keep you company and you can leave it home alone when you want to.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Call her Mittens.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I'm hoping to get back yard mowed today after a run to town. Front yard will be too wet yet. Friend of mine I bought the plazma cutter from would to use it so I'm dropping it off at his place today. A small kitten showed up yesterday at our place. Another orange one. Two of them is enough, don't need a third one. Anyone need a cat? its free. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: orange one???? Trump in disguise??????  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers......need to tend to some bird feeders today.....to wet to putz in garden........i'll find something to do.  this cool weather sure feels good!!! :happy1: