Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331125 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks boober! Bill said it's been a while since it's been replaced. Easy fix as the draw tube is right by the dock, not way out in the lake like some of the year round systems. Be a project for one of the next trips as there isn't a spare here. Found some minor drips but nothing that would be taking the pressure down that quickly. Looks like whoever drained last fall must've forgot the water cooler. Plugged it in & it leaked like a sieve. Drained it just now so we'll be hauling that back.  :huh:
« Last Edit: August 08/12/24, 12:44:29 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers........ another 7 in  :pouty: this part time aint so part time!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

got a few things i would like to do......a nap being 1!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: if not always tomorrow!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee wiz, heard today a fella at work that was getting all his ducks in a row for retirement was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It's spreading to his liver and lungs, my god work your butt off to see freedom and see nothing.  Shoulda been some sorta signs you would think, the way you feel..anything.  They have him 4 weeks tops.. bad deal.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's awful boober. My thoughts & prayers to him.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s the pits bobber. Sending good thoughts from a cancer survivor here.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn boober.............sorry to hear!!!!!! :pouty: hope for the best for him!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are sent

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn!  That happens a lot and it can be the most physically fit ones too.   I feel for him and his family.  Such a shame. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
damn Bobber sorry to hear that...  that cancer suks period... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does Mike! Thanks gents,  he's a great guy , family grand kids. Although he liked his whiskey,  not sure if that had anything to do with it, probably didn't help.  If you don't mind Mark, what Cancer you beat, that's great to hear!!  :bow:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats gotta really suck f or someone to hear knowing he's on a time frame.........i honestly dont know how i would handle that!!!!! :confused: :confused: :surrender:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I have no idea how I would handle it. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
thats gotta really suck f or someone to hear knowing he's on a time frame.........i honestly dont know how i would handle that!!!!! :confused: :confused: :surrender:
Could be the pain, but I hear ya. He went home today thinking he'd rather pass there instead of the hospital.  I'd hate to think he gave up but maybe like I said pain says otherwise.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Could be the pain, but I hear ya. He went home today thinking he'd rather pass there instead of the hospital.  I'd hate to think he gave up but maybe like I said pain says otherwise.
he's not coming back to work anymore is he???????

maybe to finish some details ...................

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I'd stay home too if possible...    just saying..

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
4 weeks doesn't give much tume fke hope.  They must not be offering treatment options.  But I have seen miracles.  Sometimes the come in the form of a cure, sometimes they come in the form of having enough time to reconcile family ussues and such.  It is teagic and it sucks, but it can be a time of grace too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
4 weeks doesn't give much tume fke hope.  They must not be offering treatment options.  But I have seen miracles.  Sometimes the come in the form of a cure, sometimes they come in the form of having enough time to reconcile family ussues and such.  It is teagic and it sucks, but it can be a time of grace too.
:doah: :scratch: You graduate from boaraneze 101!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is sad to hear Bobber. Like others, thoughts and prayers. It does happen to often like others said. We had a feller on our team at work that was planning to retire in October bof 2023. He was getting al ready. He passed from a heart attack on Christmas day 2022. Was rather sad. Not sure what is worse. Knowing it is coming and having a little time or just tipping over. Sad either way.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobber, we found a cancerous tumor in my lower digestive system with a colonoscopy at age 53. I was told it was Stage 3B. I’m guessing your friend is Stage 4B.  After radiation, chemotherapy, surgeries and more chemotherapy I was pronounced cancer free. This took 14 months and with about 27 total days in the hospital. There are side effects, but I’m on the green side of the grass yet. I do feel bad for your friend and wish he could be cured. Nobody deserves this terrible disease in any shape or form. Thoughts and prayers for the both of you.
« Last Edit: August 08/13/24, 07:25:22 AM by markn »
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for 80 today bit says. The lake was sure calm yesterday. Calm enough that the algae started to settle on the surface making it look like pea soup. Glad it wasn't like that on the weekend so the kids could swim. I cut the grass last night and pulled out the sprinklers. Getting some brown spots amazingly. Try a Glenn trick. Maybe I can make it rain now. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and going for 77 today...  getting warmer each day again..  got a call
from the nurse for my Dr. yesterday.. home test for the colon came back positive..  so now I need to get
a colonoscopy..  I didn't even want to write this after Bobber's post yesterday...  glad for you Mark!! 
have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 58 @ 1st peek & we should see 80 later. The basement windows look like it just got done raining here, so I'm gonna bet the humidity is at least 95% right now. :scratch: Did mow some of it around the new shed yday. Not sure where I'll start this day yet. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping it is a false reading Mike. Or that what ever it is they are catching it early.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and going for 77 today...  getting warmer each day again..  got a call
from the nurse for my Dr. yesterday.. home test for the colon came back positive..  so now I need to get
a colonoscopy..  I didn't even want to write this after Bobber's post yesterday...  glad for you Mark!! 
have a good day all!!

I'm headed back in for one on Sept. 20. Number #6 in the past 11 years. Good luck. :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another beautiful morning.  I did a lot of pasture mowing yesterday and pulled the wild parsnip and got it in garbage bags.  Today I will do the offset with the mower and get the edges of the pasture.  Also got the dock out with the wifes help after her work.  Sore today but feels good to have it done.  I did the home test a couple of years ago for colon.  The wife had a colonoscopy in Bemidji. They said they don't have much faith in the home tests.  I need to get in for a colonoscopy too.  Let's hope they all turn out good for all of us. Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping it is a false reading Mike. Or that what ever it is they are catching it early.

my thoughts too...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......worse part of them colonoscopies is the not eating and that juice!!!!!!!!! my last one they removed a few small cysts...

hope it goes well Mike.  :rotflmao:

didnt get the lawn cut yesterday so its on the agenda for today. wifey went and bought me some maters yesterday so i'll be cooking up some salsa before i head north next week. they wer maters from Michigan and look really good lookin maters!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY..........its national  left handers day!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :cheerleader: :applause:

DATZ ME!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......worse part of them colonoscopies is the not eating and that juice!!!!!!!!! my last one they removed a few small cysts...
They did that for me too when I turned fiddy.  When I turnt sixty I pooped in da box and mailed it in.  :woot: I think it went to the right address cause a few days later they said I was all good.

Funny think is...  When I went to my doc and she said it was colon-o time, I had to ask for the box - she didn't offer it as an option right away.  She would have been content to schedule me for the invasion.  But once I asked, she didn't have any problems ordering up the poop kit for me either.   :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i aint crapping in no box  :tut: :doofus:

i get worse stuff in the mail form Dotch!!!!!!! :pouty: :surrender: :rotflmao: