Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5307096 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 and going for 80 today..  another warm one..  got the grass mowed yesterday
so that's done for this week..  more things to do today.  have a good day all.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and heading for 78 it says. I got laundry done in the morning yesterday. Then we heading down to the forest and mowed our spot. We got home around 5 and the sun was off the driver's side of the camper. So I started working on that. I can get it to look nice taking off the oxidation. But when I try and put a wax on it starts to turn it white again. Hoping it is just the orbital buffer that can't do it. We are going to order a real buffer today. But in the mean time I am going to finish up with the compound and get the oxidation off the rest. Getting ready to head out there now before the sun gets to high. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 59 @ 1st peek here & we should see 80. Guess there's some areas of fog around where the visibility is < 1/4 mile but it doesn't look that bad here. Went out fishing yday AM & did find 1 15-16" Smallie that wanted to play. Hadn't caught 1 of those in a quite while so I'd forgot how hard they fight. He was released to fight another day. I mowed a couple spots too, the rest can wait. Will go for a paper here in a bit & got a project in mind for after that. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good day yesterday. Tied for first in singles with a 99. Handicap and doubles I won’t talk about. Today’s plan is to kick back and be ready for Dr appointment tomorrow. Later ….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........man am i sore.......finished splitting all that maple we got last week. yes....by hand!!!!!!!! fire and beer were just fine!!!! :happy1:

got lotz of things on the list today i want done before dark as i leave for the cabin after the store!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas! 71 at the moment and looks like a peach of a day on tap. We took the pooches down to a nature preserve earlier,  nice walk just shy of 2 miles. Funny tho only a couple vehicles in the parking lot,  1 had 3 younger fellas downing beers at 8 in morning,  makes ya wonder how long dey been der.... Anywho gonna let the ladies run der fingers through my hair as they cut it after a bit,  run a few other errands and cut the grass later on. I do have some wings going on the pellet grill later, those are always a hit.....See ya!!
« Last Edit: August 08/18/24, 09:46:32 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good evening boys.  Still down south but heading towards home tomorrow.  Yes Glenn we left the boys at a nice kennel north of Bemidji.  I damn near lost it.  Was hard to do.  They kept looking at me like, let's go Dad.  I really miss them so we are leaving earlier then expected.  Will say hi again to Mom and Dad tomorrow as it's Dad's 92nd birthday.  Then make it halfway home and finish up early Monday and get the boys.  Can't wait. 

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how attached we get to them. If wee we go someplace and my boy can’t come with, it’s tough to say goodbye, even if it’s just for a few hours.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 and heading for 80 today. It was a warm and calm one yesterday. The lake was so flat that it finally talked me into going fishing. So we took off about 1:30 and went out fishing. We made it just past 3:30 and threw in the towel. The bite was terrible and the little bugs were driving us insane. So we were back in by 4. Oh well, I guess we got a boat ride anyway. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 again and heading to 80 again...  so warm again..  got a few things
done yesterday but also took it easy...  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!
have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 60 when I was out in the garage earlier & we'll see 81 before the day is over. More of the smoke from Canada today too, but it's supposed to move out this afternoon. Windows are pretty wet again but nothin like they were yday. Got my trimming done & then started on a lake project yday early. Will do more down there today & may mow out front too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Get to find out if my new meds are working with blood test today. Need to stop by the exhaust shop and pick up my plasma cutter too. Brother wants me to shoot with him this afternoon and then take his 1100 home and work on it tomorrow. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So the plasma shop tests you Mark?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I see my truck is so wet it looks like frost on it.  Gas here in Luverne is $2.97.  Save about $6 per tank.  Over the years I have put my dogs in kennels before but this time was the hardest by far.  Maybe cuz I am older?  Jake is my lap dog and when I sit in my recliner he just begs to jump up with me.  Cooper lays by my side.  They do sit with the wife too though.  Gonna try to make it to Sauk today after a visit with Mom and Dad.  We will sneak Dad some little Snickers cuz he loves them.  When he worked with me at my shop I kept a little drawer filled with them for him.  LOL  He would sneak over and get one now and then and we would laugh about it. Gonna run the truck through the car warsh too.  It is under a huge maple tree here and has little sap spots on it. Have a good Monday all of youse.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  Done abd bout ready to hot the pavement nort! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels on the hot pavement!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just sat down at home with a Manny (manhattan).  Mathematically I knew we could make it to the kennel before they closed.  So I kept on driving and as  we got to Sauk it was only 1:30???   Plenty of time if we eat quick and keep on trucking.  Was so glad to see the dogs.  They knew we were there cuz Cooper could see us through the fence.  LOL  Then Jake started barking when Cooper did.  LOL again.  They burst out of the door in the office when the girls opened it.  They jumped in the truck like there was no tomorrow.  SO good to be home. On the way down I got an average MPG of 23.8 until we were 60 miles away then dropped to 23.1.   A truck pulling a boat was hanging on my ass so he got better mileage.  I was going 65 most of the trip.  Is about 435 miles.  On the way home I got about 21.9 but I was going faster when I could safely.  Wind may have been a factor too.  Well see ya

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: evening fellers,  made it to the cabin  by about 4. Lots don't getting  tuckered out    :pouty:

Yea Mike that tar was hot when I went through.  :rotflmao: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 79 it says. Did some cleaning and putting things away last night is all. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to get rid of some crappy wood I have laying next to the wood pile today. Hope chainsaw runs, been awhile. After that look at that 1100 and see if I can get the safe back to right-handed. Should slap a set of new blades on the Toro for Thursday’s weekly mowing. It is Aug right? Shouldn’t we be mowing every two weeks or so instead of every 6-7 days? Enough whining, later… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here to, and heading towards 75 today..  did get a few things done yesterday.
today not so much, as I have ultra sound tests for blood flow after lunch, 3b different ones..
at least they are being done in Alex and not St. Cloud..   lot less driving...   have a good day all..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Nice looking day.  No big plans yet.  I will find out when the wife gets up.  Maybe a good day to relax.  Hope we have some cukes and maters to pick.  I will get them before the dogs do. Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers from beautiful downtown Peterson lake. :rotflmao: :happy1: calm sun and 58. Sure is quiet up here. Lawn is cut. Surprisingly I didn't deal with any flying insects.  :happy1:

Mark... I'd rather cut lawn every week then deal with what we did last year.

Moving a bit slow, but fishing is first on the agenda at some point.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
In our area last year was a dream season compared to this year. Good Morning!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 60 here & we should see 78. Our 1st day in a while with much of a breeze early, so I have a bunch of clothes on the line already. :scratch: Think I know why it's breezy already today too ;) :smiley:, cuz it came up from CS yday.  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Probably work on my lake project next & go from there. No more now, have a good day
« Last Edit: August 08/21/24, 07:17:09 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for 79 today. We had a few drops of rain yesterday afternoon and evening. Amounted to .08". Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I got the brothers 1100 fixed back up for right handed people. Also got that big crappy log cut up and split. Today’s project is shoot sporting clays this morning and then start burning that junk wood this afternoon. Bought a new tool box last week and should get things moved from one to other. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and heading yo 77 today..  made threw the day yesterday... 
2 and 1/2 hours for that ultra sounds...  going back to Alex this morning but just for some shopping..
don't need much but out of a couple  things...  have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is a long time Mike.  Did they give you something to calm you down?  We have 55 here and should hit 82 today.  We could see those clouds to the north of us JB.  We didn't get a drop so I watered the garden.  We head down to the big city today to Sanford for me to get my ears checked at the Audiology Dept.  See what damage guns, rock and roll and tools banging have done to my hearing over the years.  Will pick up a Papa Murphys pizza too.  The last couple of times they had that dreaded notebook thing that you have to tap for what tip you want to leave.  Complete BS.  I am buying a pizza and noone is waiting on my table.  I am going to try a check instead of using a card.  See if that works so I don't even have to look at the thing. Will let you know how it works out.  You all have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no but all was good...   just have to lay still for the most part... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB I saw yesterday that they have a pilot car on the hwy.  They are leaving a lane open for traffic.  Will sure be nice when they are done.  When we went to Luverne Hwy 75 was absolutely terrible.  Was last year too.  We took a different route to avoid it as much as possible.  Potholes galore.