Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5307712 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 60 @ 1st glance here & we're headed for 78. Pretty foggy here too. Put the finishing touches, at least for now, on my lake project yday. Then I burned a few pcs of my driveway deadfall too. Nice to have a little breeze when doing that. We're headed to town today as well. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  60 and foggy  now. Couldn't see across the lake at first. Getting better.

Cut up some firewood yesterday.  Plan for today hopefully get some smoker size pike.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Looks like its shaping up to be a nice one. We had a shower pop up last evening and dump a quick .4" of rain on us. Going to fire up the old cider press today and make some apple juice.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the update LPS. Safe travels to Burrmedji.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home.  They have both lanes blacktopped and they are out of sight to the east now.  Looks great!  Guess what.  I have mild to moderate hearing loss.  They recommend that I get hearing aids before my hearing gets worse.  Darn it.  We shall see.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home.  They have both lanes blacktopped and they are out of sight to the east now.  Looks great!  Guess what.  I have mild to moderate hearing loss.  They recommend that I get hearing aids before my hearing gets worse.  Darn it.  We shall see.
now you can tell the wife... see it wasn't selective hearing.  :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She was there and we all joked about it.  I said I don't know how she can hear the TV so quiet.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got 12 gallons of juice squeezed out of some apples. We get a little over a gallon out of a 5 gallon pail of apples.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You have tinnitus lps?? My ears ring constantly.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya I told her as we are sitting here they are really ringing. She said that is because we are in a very quiet place.  AND I said my wife mumbles a lot.   

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya I told her as we are sitting here they are really ringing. She said that is because we are in a very quiet place.  AND I said my wife mumbles a lot.   
Man, that sounds exactly like home.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You have tinnitus lps?? My ears ring constantly.

my ears are always ringing..  maybe it's time to get my hearing checked too.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
First time I have been checked since I can remember.  She gets in a rhythm and says to click even if you think you heard something.  I clicked a couple of times just due to her rhythm.  I said that after and she said oh ya I know.  LOL   Like I said it was fun.  I was in the 40 range.  That is mild to moderate hearing loss.  Said to keep using hearing protection whilst mowing, chainsawing, etc.  I did start using good earmuffs whilst mowing and sort of when chain sawing and need to do better.  She said one bad sound incident with where I am could be bad.  SO she recommends hearing aids cuz it will be easier to adjust to them now rather when my hearing gets worse.  It is harder to adapt then.  OK so now that I gave you the info you decide.  I am still not 100% gonna get hearing aids.  Depends on what my BC BS advantage covers.  I will use muffs very seriously now!!!  She said the low price range is a couple thousand.  The top of the line is a little over 6 grand.  Of course there are in betweens.  She said I would already need the midrange ones.  I told the wife to quit mumbling and I could use that to get a knock around boat.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
from some things I heard, get the better ones if you can..  well worth it they said...   and that clicker thing is interesting... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I told her that I have a hard time keeping throw away hearing buds in my ears so would hearing aids stay in?  She said no problem at all.  They things she put in my ears for the test were in there good. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and some are blue tooth too

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Re your comments on the button pressing:
I have loss of hearing of some frequencies, likely because of gunshots fired near my ear. I went for my second draft physical during the height of Viet Nam war. They had a calendar on the wall that had the number of potential draftees each day for the month. My day was the highest at something in the mid-500s.  My initial hearing test was in a booth with about eight other guys sitting on each side with earbuds and individual buttons. When we exited, the doctor looked at each of us and said, “OK” to everyone but me. He told me I would have to go back in and be retested by myself.
I pressed the button when I heard the tone and didn’t when I couldn’t hear anything.  After a minute, the door opened and the doctor said, “Press the damn button when you hear the tone.”  He slammed the door and resumed testing. A couple minutes later the door opened and he yelled, “Press the f_____g button when you hear the tone!!!!”.  A few minutes later he opened the door, and handed me a card, and yelled, “You passed!!”

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is crazy FW. I know my heating is not the greatest. My ears ring all the time too. Good luck on your quest Barry.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to go to town this morning. Stop by and pick up laptop which didn’t get done yesterday. Then a stop at the nursing home to visit a friend that re-habbing after accident with tractor. Stop at FF to return a choke tube I can’t use. $74.95 worth. Then grab a barrel from my brothers pick up for his 1100 at the cabinet shop next door. After that whittle away at my wood pile again. That’s enough, later…… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 and heading for 72 today. Can sure see the rain coming from the west. But according to TWC it is going to split and go around us. Time will tell. Grass all cut and raked last night. Was getting pretty dark by the time I finished. No big list here. Just head into the salt mines for the day. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same as JB here today..  63 and going towards 73 here..   saying rain later on too.. 
time will tell us..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few more for today too..
have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 and a high of 75 with a chance of rain like you guys.  Getting darker out too.  Rain and thunderstorms possible today.  He doesn't sound like a very patient Dr. FW.  Passed you anyways.  ?????  We got the mowing and I finally weed whipped around the power poles and the garden.  It really needed it so looks good.  I'm getting around better now.  I need to walk more but that Ranger is so easy to just get in and take a drive instead.  I hope we do have a rainy day.  Would be a good day to read a good book.  I do have to go to town to pay some bills and get some vittles too.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61 here & we might see 70. On & off chances of rain all day here, with the best chance being mid-morning. :scratch: Hope so, we could use some. Kind of busy in GR yday, L&M & WM are almost always busy, but Aldi's & Sammy's Pizza were both hopping. Still back here by a little after 1. 'Bout it here, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  Dang Gunner I miss that Sammy's in Rapids   :pouty:

Was going to put the boat in cabin lake today  but not to keen on dodging rain.  :confused: mayhaps this afternoon.  Ain't going anywhere.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a major Canadian railroad right across the river in the town of Rainy River and then it crosses over to the US here.  Runs around the south side of the lake and over at Warroad gets back into Canada.  We sold them that land.  ???  We can hear the trains especially in the fall.  Completely quiet now with the strike.  Man they had a strike a few years ago and found out how badly they treated their employees.  I think it was no sick time allowed, no vacation time allowed.  I don't think they had a very good overtime thing going neither.  Curious to see how it all goes for the employees now.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And here I thought those railroad guys did real well, it's hard to keep people around treating them like that.
Morning fellers.  Dang Gunner I miss that Sammy's in Rapids   :pouty:

Was going to put the boat in cabin lake today  but not to keen on dodging rain.  :confused: mayhaps this afternoon.  Ain't going anywhere.
Heading west tomorrow Glenn, I hear the sheepies are snapping!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: go gettem bud. Stack'em high. Bet you get top $$$ for them with some of then big city folks! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Are they considered panfish too?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! 69 here and heading for 80 today. No rain here yesterday. We went to IFalls and got a newer loaner car last night. So now the dealership is in compliance with GM policy. It is a 2022 Blazer. Nice ride. Thought about stopping for a visit and picking up some shiners. But, it was getting pretty late by the time we got back. It was 8 when we got home. We will have more trips over to get our car if they ever get the rest of the parts. So we had a kid(to me) that worked in the test lab that came from CN railroad. Heade oodles of money working there but he never had any time off and was usually on call he said. Took a huge pay cut to come work at Marvin. But they had young kids, so that was the driver. His wife is a nurse. He did end of leaving. His wife got a great job over in cheese land. So they sold everything and moved down there. I didn't know they were on strike. I have been seeing trains early in the morning and the crews have been replacing rail ties for the last couple months during the day. The have been working from Baudette thru Warroad. Must be getting close, we seen them stacking old ties last night. Tanner also said that Bill Gates owns CN railroad. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.