Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5313312 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of booming here at about daybreak but it just missed us.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
went over to LP and picked the last things I needed for this weekend, got home and just in the house and a heavy cloud bust got us...  2 minutes later all done... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........done at the store. i didnt sleep worth a damn last night.  :bonk: :pouty: i think a big ole Dotch nap may be in order......but dang i gotz an agenda for today!!!!!!  :doah:

looks like about 3-4 pm weather could get a tad interesting.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54  here and heading for 79 today..  and no rain in the forecast!!  pick
up a few apples mow the grass today..   a couple things in the house and I'll be
that much closer to being ready for the weekend company..  yippie!!   have a good day all..

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get my welding project done yesterday. Now its load up and head to deer camp to mow, cut down a few trees and do some wheeling. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 56 here & we should see 78. Got a nice breeze early so I did a small load of laundry & just got 'em on the line a bit ago. Went down to check on the boat yday & seen we had some more weeds floating by the dock. So, I pulled them up on shore to dry before I raised the boat about a foot more. Another roll with it kind of day here. Have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 47 when I got up to watch the Gophers this morning.  It's a nice sunny morning.  Will be a nice day with a breeze.  TGIF.  Man the waves were huge on the lake over by Warroad yesterday.  Have some putzing to do today but nothing too major.  Once it dries out mayhaps I will mow the ditch.  May wait till tomorrow too.  Retirement Creed ya know.  You all have a fun day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........lookin like a top notch day!! :happy1: makin stewed tomatoes and tomato juice is the plan, then should be mostly donr canning, cept for my pickled green maters!!!

then its time for  :toast: and  :campfire:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Over 0.75" again last night and with the not-so-hot days, the grass is growing fast again.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .87" of rain at the ranch & .71" in Bugtussle. Got another octo-car club event tonite. WTH? I was on the road when they came up with this latest brain fart. Heading to the care center in Ellendale so that part's fine. Holiday weekend tho & we're getting too many things thrown together at the last minute with nothing slated for the next month. Fine if you're retired with nothing but free time on your hands. Working and playing farmer with the wife gone, not so much. Mebbe I can finish mowing the lawn & work at the garden someday if people just leave me alone long enough.  :angry: 
« Last Edit: August 08/30/24, 10:55:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
But....but... but what do you do in your free time! :rotflmao: :surrender: :coffee: :evil:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear it's hell to be so popular.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Give em each a bag of great big cukes every time and they may quit asking you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 8 4' shop lights in my garage along with some bulbs.  I had 1 of the shop lights quit working long ago, now in the last couple of days all of the old regular fluorescent bulbs don't work.  All at once.  I was worried it was a wiring problem but tested the outlets and they are just fine.  What a coincidence they all went at once.   I just ordered new LED ones.  A 6 pack with reflectors for about $80.  Pretty reasonable. My Green Mountain grill ignitor quit working too so ordered that too.  $17. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
those LED shop lights are great!!!  I have 2 so far... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I replaced 2 of these original ones a few years ago with LED ones with bluetooth speakers in them.  They are great to pair with my phone when in the garage/shop.  They are much nicer.  The fluorescents are probably 15 years old.  Funny that 4 of them quit working on the same day. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :USA: :USA:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND that is the local unions that made wages and benefits part of the language to help workers. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and heading towards 81 today, a bit warmer today..  going to be
a nice day for sure..  got the grass mowed and a few other things done too..  almost
ready for the weekend!!  sure was nice having the house opened all day yesterday.. 
aired everything out nicely..  have a good day all!!

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Looks to be a nice, quiet day. I think I need to baby my right shoulder for a couple days. It's been hurting if I move it certain ways or lift too much. Used my mattock a lot Wednesday. Hurt it more when I pushed on a t-post and broke it off. Almost planted this charming face in a corn field.
      Remember when a three day weekend meant something?
      Stay safe everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 60 here & headed for 80. I've got an old metal twin bed box spring that I use for a drag. I use it to drag the end of our driveway & part of the road. We're almost at the bottom of a hill, so it washes out pretty bad when it rains very hard. The drag works good for picking up sticks after a windstorm too. Managed to burn up a few pcs of my deadfall collection yday as well. No projects on my list, so it's another wing it type day here. Have a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Grass cut at deer camp yesterday. Trees are going to catch hell today. LPS, if you can change out all of your floresent tubes for LED. I put 60 four footers in my garage and replaced all the lights in the house. It’s brighter and my electric bill went down. Later… :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 here with 86% humidity.  Dark clouds in Canada that are drifting our way.  Sunny to the south.  Mark, it takes a lot more lights than one thinks.  I had 3 bulbs in the garage and that wasn't cutting it so I added the 8 fluorescents.  That helped a lot and I am looking forward to these new ones.  I need all the light I can get.  lol  We are going to putz on some projects here at home and may have a fire and cook and sleep out at camp.  We like to do that in the spring when it is cooler but the hip got in the way of that program.  I need to start fishing now too.  You all have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......think it'll be a repeat of yesterday..but with a few different projects!!!! :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Thought perhaps it's be cooler than that but sounds like that's for the early part of the upcoming week. Got thru the care center/ octo-car club debacle. Was sorta disjointed but we made it. Was introduced to a guy from Waseca who brought his '58 Olds. He's joining the car club and surprise of surprises, he isn't 80 years old. We hit it off way too well. Traded lots of stories. I can see us getting in lots of trouble on car cruises if he's along. Well, I'd best get at it. I should go get a few groceries, stuff I forgot the other day, then maybe get some home-raised chickens I spoke for a while back. Auntie Mar Mar is coming tomorrow to get veggies so will give her a couple of them. Then I'd best finish the lawn mowing altho I could already start over on parts of it I mowed a couple days ago. Geesh it grows fast. 
« Last Edit: August 08/31/24, 12:14:36 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 here and heading towards 72 today..  a big difference in one day..
it sure was a very nice day overall yesterday..  got things done and company
made it up safely too..  today should be the same except cooler..  good day for a fire!!
have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 54 here & we should see 72 as well. We had a bit of a NW breeze when I headed for the boat, so I grabbed my stocking cap & the Carhart. The wind died just before the sun came up but it had picked back up by the time I got back to the dock. Got a few :fish2: to clean but think I'll go along on the Sunday paper run 1st. It looks like it's gonna be another keeper weather wise, so have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Knocked down and cut five trees yesterday and burnt a bunch of the brush. Wheeling on tap for today. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  55 here and will see 70's again.  What a great day yesterday.  We pulled a bunch of weeds, cut a bunch of suckers off trees and had a great fire/smoke.  We burn a lot of the green stuff so we have smokes instead of fires a lot.  LOL  I have liked to cut and split everything but now and pulling more trees out in the pasture for our winter fire.  Saves on the body.  Pulled 2 long dead 20' trees that have been on the ground for 20 years out to the pasture.  Never thought they would make it without falling apart but it worked great!  Will be nice mowing where they were now.  Got a lot done.  Gonna do a repeat today.  Lots of flies around now.  Been swatting all morning.  The doors were open a lot yesterday.  May cut down a couple of boxelders today and drag them out to the big pile too.  Have a good one and be careful. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......... got some things to do today..........nuttin to drastic. a 13 lb turkey is going to hit the charcoal grill today. just got done injecting it!!!!!!!

sure likin this cool weather!!!!!!