Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5321959 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this will fun waiting too.. Alex will send it to St. Cloud, then they send to my Dr at the Alex VA... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang lps, that stinks, hopefully momma doesn't get tired of giving you sponge baths after the recent and up coming procedure  :sleazy: . I hear ya, I wasn't ever put under for anything til I hit 50, knee ordeal, since then 2 more times with another shoulder possibly coming up. Hey Mike,  you at 100% disability thru the VA ?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobber no I have the bare minimum..  buddy is 100% and he gets some decent perks...  and he has earned them...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My dad just hit 100% last year, a buddy of mine is at 80%. Mid 80's I had the chance to inlist but got up and walked out of the Marine recruiting office. Still bugs me why I didn't just do it, too much fishing and tail chasing I was doing probably had priority...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my salute to your Dad and friend!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Bobb.  I took 2 of my buddies to the Air Force recruiter in Sioux Falls in my 69 Judge.  I decided not to go in at the last moment.  I too have had second thoughts.  My Dad who was in the Army in Korea thought I should join the Navy since I liked boats and water around me. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here. Came mighty close to joining the army. But went to work instead. I really wanted to join the air force and fly F-14s. But I wore glasses and that was a no go. If there would have been laser I surgery back then I would have been all set. Can't say I have any regrets though. Have had a great life so far.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it to Osakis and back yesterday. Only four hundred dollars lighter. Second oldest and I went to "save big money" and grabbed some shingles and other stuff for his new addition. That's Saturday's project. This morning the dog is getting chipped, after that I hope to put the boat in the lake, after that pork chops on the grill. Have a great day all. later......... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 62 today. Looks like some rain possible too. We got .1" last night. Lucky for me it held off until after I got the grass cut. I could see it raining across the lake while I was mowing. Well, we leave leave work early this afternoon and drive over to IFalls to pick up the wife's car. I imagine she will go over it with a fine tooth comb. Wonder how many gremlins it has acquired now. Time will tell. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and going for 68 today..  made it thru yesterday and on to today..
not much going on so it will be just keeping on with regular things..   like maybe mowing the
yard today..  get apples picked up watch for a slight chance of rain..   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 50 @ 1st peek here & we're heading for 65. Might get some rain around 8, they're saying. Burned a bunch of my dead wood yday again. Put some black dirt on the trench where they ran power to the new shed too. Had a couple spots I could've mowed but we had a shot of rain just after lunch, so I decided to wait. Nothing in the gauge from that though. Not sure where I'll start today...........yet. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We just had another shot of rain and thunder.  Been on and off since about 5:30 I would say.  Have a little over 1/4" so far.  Could be more later too.  So the get my 10 round bales for Bucko is called off for the day.  Just going to hang low and stay out of trouble now.  Yesterday I brought more apples to the deer in the spruces so we can see them on the cam.  I see the dogs are looking for apples by the tree right now.  They chew on them too.  I did get 2 6" cukes and a mater yesterday too.  Well you all have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  Put 4 hours on at the store.  Rain is about done for now.

A few odds and ends to do then the main course.  Fire and beer later,  first I think a dotch nap may happen! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellow gulag comrades! Was 49 at choretime & has made it to 62 at the ranch so far. Got thru making a bunch of fertilizer recs this a.m. & after lunch so getting mentally prepared to go get a rack full of hay after chores. I know, more fun than a person should be allowed to have. Guy wants it off his rack so if I get it unloaded tomorrow that leaves Sunday free for the most part.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here and supposed to make 70 today. We are heading for Fargo this morning. The wife's phone needs the screen replaced and that is the closest place. She had the liquid screen protector and that didn't keep it from cracking. So it will be done under warranty. Picked up the car yesterday afternoon. It is unfortunate GM didn't let them replace more of the plastic. There was still some mold on it or growing back. I'm sure the car will be going back in. We smell antifreeze coming out of the vents now.  :pouty: Going to be lots of windshield time today. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 her and heading towards 70 today..  62 in the house..  I did get the yard mowed yesterday
and not long after I got it done it rained some..  got to keep it growing!!  not much else so have a good day all!!!

good luck with car JB..  yikes...

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about the car but not surprised. I'd get a lawyer even though I hate that crap.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about the car but not surprised. I'd get a lawyer even though I hate that crap.
That has been thought about. But I think in the end the only one that wins is the lawyer. I'm sure one will be contacted though.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  39 here this morning.  Should hit 70 like JB said.  Start of an extended dry spell they say.  Have some projects to work on today.  Nothing big but need to get em done.  Still waiting for Marvin Home Center to let me know how they intend to handle the 2 year old freezer conking out.  We shop there often or at least used to.  Not a word so far.   :angry2: So how is your day JB?  LOL The integrity of business has gone down the tubes.  I will try to cheer up now. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to the kid's place. 12 square of shingles and five windows to do. As much as I hate installing windows I hate going on roofs more. So I thinks I'll volunteer to do the windows. Chipped the dog and two cats yesterday. Not sure why the cats got chipped, one of them is too fat to leave the house, but the other is a good mouser. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 45 here @ 5:30 & we're shooting for 69. Thought about going out :fishing: early, but didn't. It was just a putz around day here yday & just might be the same today. Unless it dries enough I can mow, but with our forecast I just might wait 'til there's some precip in sight for that. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's..09" of rain at the ranch & .05" in Bugtussle from the afternoon shower yesterday. The hay fairy is still getting mentally prepared to unload & stack hay.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/07/24, 09:55:49 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  Think I caught up on my sleep.   :confused: probably a repeat of yesterday 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Can't nap all day if you don't get started in the morning... :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: yea that getting up way before the birds to work the store is friggin hard on this body!! :pouty:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: yea that getting up way before the birds to work the store is friggin hard on this body!! :pouty:
  :violin: :violin:  :rotflmao: Afternoon peoples 66 and a real gem of a day. Hit the ground running this morning,  pooches took us on our normal 2 mile stroll , thru down a quick breakfast then took Maisy and her pheasant wing wrapped dummy to a public hunting spot not far from here. She did great in the weeds, even the high stuff, the goal was to throw the dummy without her seeing it and sniff it out like a live bird but she knew I had it and busted me every time I thru it, oh well she found it up anyhow.  28 yrs ago today momma and I tied the knot, no Hardee's in town so the steak joint gets the nod.. ;)  but first all this nap talk is getting me drowsy.....See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the 28 anniversary.  :happy1: she's put up with ya that long  huh! :sleazy:

Yep best get your beauty nap.  You may need it later tonight . :sleazy: :rotflmao:

At least you have choices, unlike what Tampon Timmy did to us! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to you and the Mrs. Bobber!!!!   :party3: :toast:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Bobb.  On both the dog doing good and the anniversary.  Going to a steakhouse sounds great!  Haven't done that in awhile.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you & Mrs. Boober on the 28th. That roadwork + a nap should help keep her from putting you in a compromising position!  :sleazy: