Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5325001 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and again heading for 81 today...  another warm one...  not
much going on so kind of just run with the day here...   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the trailer torn apart yesterday and picked up a piece of tubing to fix it. Today is run around town and get stuff for this weekend before we leave on Thursday. After that I'll be working on the trailer again.....and there's that cut the grass thing again. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice cool morning here.  Like I think it was Bobb yesterday said a borderline AC day yesterday.  I did not turn it on but was kind of thinking I should have when the house got to 81.  Just then a cool north breeze started to help us.  Kept some windows partly open so was nice and cool here this morning.  That is 73 Mike.  LOL  I think I may put my new lights up in the garage today.  That is it so far.  Have a good one!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 60 when I headed for the dock & we'll see 79 later, they're sayin. Spent a good deal of  yday AM making some light cable fasteners for my dock project & put them to use in the afternoon. The water was actually pretty nice once I got in it. I mowed the front for the 1st time in about 2 weeks, it's all sand, after that. I'd like to mow out back again today & that'll be 3 times in ~ 2 weeks for that. :rolleyes: Got a breeze early today so I think I'll work on my dead wood project to start. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY COFFEE!   Good to hear from you.  Man that is a long drive.  I hope you relax and have a great week!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Wife took off for The Big E this a.m. so am unsupervised until the 19th. I got marching orders on social events I should be attending including one wedding reception. Will be doing my best glenn impression in the meantime. Should get the lawn mowed, work in the garden, freeze some beans, pick some apples & pears, etc. Plenty of scab in the pears this year. Got more yield estimates to do in the corn fields yet. Plenty of time so will probably wait until it cools down some.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a good man Dotch.   :sleazy: Well I started changing the lights in the garage/shop.  Man are they bright.  Will take some getting used to they are so bright.  Found that I had a bad outlet.  Still glad I got the new lights.  6 more to go.  I also had 3 tomatoes in the Ranger after watering the garden.  Well I am down to 1 since it was in the drink holder and being round Jake and Cooper were not able to get it out.  LOL  AND this morning Jake brought me a red squirrel that was recently killed.   :happy1: :happy1:  One of them caught it and I think it was Jake. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon again forum fellas,  83 and the A/C is on lps!! Good thing cuz I brought out the wing wrapped dummies fer the pooches today, I usually rotate tennis balls, orange chuckit balls, kongs, dummies and they go bonkers over the dummies,  both are laying in front of a register as we speak.  Dotch,  you must be doing cartwheels with no groping and running fer 9 days. I can just see it, or maybe I don't, chores in your skivies maybe the same cutting grass... :doah: Anywho,  think I'm gonna go and give the pick em up a bubble bath in the driveway,  been a spell since I did that.....See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Years ago when duck and goose hunting was my passion I spent a lot of time training my dogs.  I had an 8 shot .22 revolver custom outfitted with a dummy launcher instead of the barrel.  I still have the barrel.  Then I could shoot multiple dummies in different directions and then send the dog the direction I wanted him to go.  Pretty cool. It will shoot hard dummies 60-70 yards.  Cool as heck. Been sitting in my closet for years. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY COFFEE!   Good to hear from you.  Man that is a long drive.  I hope you relax and have a great week!
Thanks, I look forward for this week all year long. It’s my 26th year coming to life of Riley’s fall tournament. Catching lots of fish but not in the running for any trophies yet, there is still one day to go. So far my Biggest walleye has been 21.5” and 31” northern and 3.4lb large mouth and tons of smaller ones. 2020 I got 1st place, 2021 was second and last year was third place in the walleye section.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/24, 08:57:56 PM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here and again heading for the low 80's..  didn't get there yesterday with all the haze in the sky.. 
they said it was smoke from the Idaho fires..  so we can't blame out northern friends this time..  going to
Alex this morning and get a few things..  then just go with the flow the rest of the day..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58 with some fog here & we're headed for 81. Worked on my dead wood project & did most of my trimming in the AM. Then I mowed out back yday ~ 2 & there was still part of it that wasn't completely dry. Yeah, mike the sun had a strange color to it about HH time yday, it almost looked a little pink to me. We blamed Canada though. :rolleyes: We're bound for the big city today as well. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  62 and foggy/smoky here.  They are saying the smoke is not only bad today but dangerous/hazardous for all today.  I will see once the fog lets up how bad it gets.  I may adjust my outside time around it. I wanted to trim some tree branches that are encroaching on the driveway.  Man I put those new LED lights in yesterday and it was a huge difference.  No wonder I have been using a shop light so much.  Gonna be a big help.  Well have a good day all of you and good luck to you Coffee and I hope you catch some more big fish.  Shoot us a pic if you can. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to do a grocery run today and pack camper. After that cut the grass. I did get the boat trailer fixed yesterday. Looks good, but some kinda crappy welds on the 1" tube, looks like a chicken came by and crapped on it. I'm certain they will hold. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  61 and foggy. Buddy should be here this afternoon.

Well.... back to regular programming.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! Fitty six at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Had a few sprinkles last nite about 6-ish but nothing measurable. A little warmer on tap for today then more low to mid-80's highs on into later next week. Mebbe do a few more yield estimates today then see what the morrow brings. Gots lots of stuff that should be done at the ranch while the Mrs. is gone. Should have time to play with Poppy & grill some burgers tonite.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. I ran out of the house early this morning. Wanted to start early since I have to run the car back to the dealership this afternoon. Been a busy morning. Plan to stop at Barry's on the way back at pick up some frozen shiners.  :happy1: Otherwise just fun and games in the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope you get a new car JB!!!    :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Be firm with that dealer. Good Luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right, good luck JB.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
JB... need some of my union thuggery help! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
hope you get a new car JB!!!    :happy1:
That would be nice. The dealership thinks we should, but GM doesn't.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I sure do hope they are working with you guys JB, warranty anyway.  Good luck, if not looks like a trade in is in order..

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The carfax would make an interesting read.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The carfax would make an interesting read.
Yep, someone would have some splaining to do..

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it would be interesting to see how it reads on Carfax. Yes, this is all covered under warranty.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and they are saying 81 fer a high here. Was in the low 70s yesterday. Was perfect. Stopped at Barry's last night. Had a fun ride around their property! It was good to see ya. Thank you for the minners Barry! They look great. Can't wait to use some. Dropped the car at the dealership last night and when I was showing him some of the items on the wife's list he found a bunch of rusted parts on the seat brackets on the inside of the car. Just keeps getting worse. So we took some more pictures bto send to GM. I will have to try and put some on here later so you guys can see. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Another foggy smoggy morning here this morning before daylight.  They say we should see 80 this afternoon and the south wind is supposed to start today.   Maybe that will blow some of this smoke out of here.    Working on a 2016 Lund Pro-V that someone dropped off a trailer.   Of all the boats we have torn apart I have to say this one is built heavy duty tough.  Not made to work on for sure but a real beast. 

JB....fighting with a car dealer or manufacturer just sucks.  They try to kiss your ass and screw you over at the same time.  The dealer hides behind the manufacturer and manufacturer's patent answer is "talk to your dealer".   A couple of key words to drop is attorney and social media.  Good luck and don't settle for their BS. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good golly Glenn you must be living right. First you get the debate to watch and now you get Oprah tonight!! Go get yer popcorn and beer and settle in.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my road-train hooked up and loaded last night. 28' fifth wheel with a 10' trailer loaded with golf cart and generator behind it. Doesn't pull too bad. We went to Aiken this Spring with a SxS on the trailer behind the camper and got 8.5 mpg. Need to be in Osakis at 8:45 so time to get moving here, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm