Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5331269 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  67 here and heading for 77 tody it says. Nice morning  so far. Saying ssw wind at 5 to 10 today. I am planning  to bow hunt this evening.  But looking at the lake, if it stays like it is I may talk myself into fishing instead. Such big decisions.  Well we picked the car back up last night. They got most things taken care of. Have one part on order. The wife had said she couldn't  smell the antifreeze when she checked.  But we could  smell it on the way home. Just not as strong. Maybe it will just take some time. Otherwise I will have them check it again  when we go back to have the part installed.  Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another fine morning.  Sunny with a little breeze.  Yesterday afternoon I did turn on the AC since the lady at the grocery store said it was supposed to be a record humid day.  Well it got to 83 but wasn't bad outside with the healthy breeze.  It was only 47% humidity so I turned the AC back off.  Hope it is like that today.  We will putz with projects in the yard today.  The never ending trimming overgrown branches and mowing.  We have some garlic onion brats that are calling my name so maybe they will get grilled today too.  You are getting the right tank Dotch.  Have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So JB what was the anti freeze smell from.  Was it the heater core?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They are saying  it is just residual from when they did the repair.  They pressure tested the system and that was good. So we will see. If the smell is still there when we go back I will have them check it out again.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Had .04" of rain fall overnight. Thought I heard some dripping in the downspouts. since the windows were open. Did chores, cleaned & filled a water tank then filled the sunflower feeders. Also refilled the ant moats on the hummer feeders. Damn squirrels and other birds like drinking out of them. Feed fairy needs to make a trip to Krause's in Hope. Down to a half lb. of butter so will have to solve that problem. Doubtful the lawn will dry off since it's supposed to remain cloudy here most of the day. Have to do evening chores early. I have that lovely wedding reception to attend. The only good thing about weddings is when they're over. Good luck jb. Car issues especially one like that are totally frustrating. There were 3 drops of gas that hit the cardboard overnite under the Stude. Better but will be best with a new tank. When talking to the guy at Stude International it's a common problem on the now 65 year old gas tanks they used.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was at the grocery store yesterday.  I always get extra large eggs.  They were $6.39 a doz.  Medium ones were $4.??  Needless to say that I will be eating medium eggs for awhile. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is just wrong LPS!!!  Aldi's was $2.66 I think the other day... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
$4.40 - something for grade A large eggs yesterday at Bugtussle DG. Local grocery store was higher than that the other day. Not sure where they're sourcing them but the DG eggs appear fresher & taste better too.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Late morning forum fellas! 74 with a lite breeze with clouds rolling in. Decided to punish myself this morning,  took the dogs fishing! Remi does real well in the boat,  Maisy is still learning.  Throwing a top water buzz bait was too much for her, about the 10th cast is was DOG OVERBOARD!! She made one lap around the boat looking for that lure until I grabbed her by the scruff, but she actually played by the rules after that.  Gotta do just a little mowing here, it is dry. Leaves are starting see quite a few yellow ones across the lake. Think I'll clean out the wood duck boxes this afternoon also. Have fun at the reception tonight Dotch! Best run....See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great article Dotch.  I will be more careful where I buy it.  Like I said we had lamb chops as appetizers at my brothers on the grill and they were awesome tender morsels of goodness so I was so surprised at how rank the ones I bought were.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just received a news article about our current administration in DC is considering removing the grey wolf from the endangered species list. Good news for a lot deer hunters and cattle people in the northern half of the state if it passes.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not on Walz's watch, remember?  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read in the Outdoor News how the wolf pack that they imported into Colorado is killing so many cattle that they are going against their original rules and are trying to capture them and relocate them.  LOLOL  Cattlemen were furious that it even happened.
« Last Edit: September 09/14/24, 02:23:23 PM by LPS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My fruit fly trap. Over ripe pear pieces for bait.
Works great!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks like one of glenn's world famous spaghetti sauce jars... :coffee:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 and going for the low 80's again..  was a nice day yesterday and even got my list
done along with a short bike ride...  maybe repeat it all today..  might have a road trip today too..
not sure that will happen just yet...   oh well...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 66 with 97% humidity last I checked here & we're on our way to 82. I did mow down at the end of the drive yday AM, when there's been some wind & with it kind of dry lately the leaves have started falling a bit more. So, I did a little mulching down there too. Burned a couple more chunks of wood as well. Not sure what's up today yet, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Another .07" of precip from yesterday's drizzle at the ranch. Survived the wedding reception. Got home before 9:30. Was lucky I didn't have to sit thru the Catholic wedding. That ran over an hour and a half. Discovered on my trip over that they'd repaved MN Hwy 30 west of Chatfield. Nice leaf watching area so having a smooth road to get there is definitely a bonus. That and they still have a Dairy Queen. Should do some lawnmowing today, freeze the last of the string beans I have picked then see what else I can get into. Thinking I could get into a nap. Toodles! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice breezy morning here.  The sky is dark but no chance of rain till tonight when there is a slight chance.  Got the pasture trimmed up around the edges yesterday.  I enjoy that.  Didn't get the lawn mowed though.  Maybe after our victory today. lol  Nice trap Roons.  The flies here have slowed down some.  So when can we mow for the last time this year?  Later.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Those little rascals find there way in when we process apples and pears
I think they might fit through the screens on the windows.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.70 here and heading for 80 again. I cut grass and raked it all up yesterday. Then I fertilized and started watering the grass. Did some other little projects. Then the wife and I went for a ranger ride. Got a better look at the fresh logging. Blue skies here now. Not sure yet what projects will happen today.  Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from a quick road trip to Little Falls and met Glenn, gave him a few things and got some smoked nord from him!!!   thanks bud!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just got back from a quick road trip to Little Falls and met Glenn, gave him a few things and got some smoked nord from him!!!   thanks bud!!!
:happy1: :happy1: yep glad seeing ya again. thanks for the goodies and no problem with the fish!!!!!!!

afternoon fellers.......back home......pretty much unloaded and watching the vikings. damn Jones fumbles at the goal line!!!!! :doofus: :bs: :surrender: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 friggin smoker took a dump........wont heat. guess i go get another tomorrow!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you just get a new element for it?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
is that the same one as mine????   I am thinking about parting ways with it...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its a 30 inch Masterbuilt sportsmans elite. not sure what you got Mike. :scratch: dont want no fancy stuff with it. i do like the digital readouts though!!

yea i kinda looked at the LPS...... if its anything like trying to find a glas plate for a microwave........like ordering online......i'll pass!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Amazon has it for $19.99

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and supposed to make 80 again  today.  I have had about enough of this 80 crap. Yesterday got pretty warm. My biggest project yesterday  turned into watching  the Vikings. Oh darn, lol. Good game to watch. Otherwise just getting ready to head into the salt mines. Have a good one boys.