Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Opening day on the "Big V".  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
The day is almost upon us. This year I'll have my entire family from son and daughter and their partners, to my 5 grandchildren. Everyone is looking forward to the first Walleye dinner of the season and sitting around the fire telling lies about all the fish they catch. I'll be pretty busy getting everybody out on the lake.  Typically the guys go early and the gals fish in the evening, in between I make sure the youngsters get a chance during the afternoon.  I'm sure I'll sleep like a baby on Saturday night. ;)

We always fish for Walleyes on Saturday however on Sunday it's Smallmouth bass. The entire family loves Smallmouth bass and we release them all. Hopefully the weather gods will see fit to grant us at least a few hours of decent weather. I hope everybody has a great weekend, stay safe and be nice to those once a year fishermen at the boat ramp. :happy1:

"Ace" :happy1:

Opening day is just 4 days away!! :bow:

"It's just fishing man"
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
Check us out on facebook.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
sounds like you got a busy weekend ahead with family!!!!! have fun and good luck!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Without a doubt fun will be had by all.  Hopefully the weather and the fish cooperate. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I also will be going to the "Big V" - can't wait. Ace if I see you on the lake what am I looking for? Is your name on your boat?
Good luck!
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
I'll be in my white Crestliner fishing near Cherry island to begin the day. I live on Pike bay but I don't like the crowds on opener. We typically fish Big bay or Stuntz on the opener. ;)

"It's just fishing man"

Have a great opening day everybody. :happy1:
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Sweet beans, good Luck, i gots ta get back to arrow head region. I miss Ely.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet beans, good Luck, i gots ta get back to arrow head region. I miss Ely.
bet Ely don't miss you!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One area of the state I need to visit also! :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just remember, no fish under my dock...

Offline Aceguide

• Outdoorsman
We had a good opener with plenty of Walleyes and the bite has been good for the most part. We faced some slower action today however we both ended up with our limits. Lots of small fish today but we managed to get enough 14 inchers to limit out.  Smallmouth fishing is on tap for the next few days, should be awesome. ;)

"It's just fishing man"
Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.