Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Venison  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 We do this all the time especially ice fishing and if u can get high school girls to eat it and like it then its got to be good. You take venison steaks and chop them up into like inch wide bye like 3 inches long. Throw them into a big zipploc bag. Next get worchester sauce, vegetable oil, and soy sauce. Do a third third and third till the venison is covered in the bag. Then let it sit in the fridge and let it marinate over night then use it the next day on the grill and it is just fantastic. I like to leave out the soy sauce tho i think it tastes alot better that way but i would try both if i were u. Have fun

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
i think i know just how i am going to prepare those last few packages of v-steaks.
thanks brandon!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
glad i can help jiggle

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
i think i know just how i am going to prepare those last few packages of v-steaks.
thanks brandon!
Those last few?  How can you manage to run out of venison this early in the year?  You need to either learn to hunt better or learn to pace yourself. 
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
eelpoutsitck, there is plenty of venison left, but you have to remember that i have a family of five. all of which love venny. two of them are growing boys. one of them is scroungie.
need i elaborate?
my bride made up her mind we weren't going to buy a beef last fall so we ground up over half into burger. hard to put marinated ground burger on the grill. it keeps falling through the grates >:(
you are right though i am striveing to become a better hunter.
« Last Edit: March 03/29/06, 07:53:30 AM by jigglestick »
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
5 people?  Everyone in your area got a bonus tag too.  That means you should have 10 deer in your freezer.  ::) Plus, sometimes you just need to take one out with the car. 
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline 7Pines

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I like to use olive oil, fresh garlic a few squirts of Worchestershire and Montreal Steak Seasoning for the marinade, but I threw in a twist...I squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the marinade too.  The citrus acid tenderizes the venny.
Throw 'er on the grill (high temp.) and NEVER done better than rare/med. rare (red/pink strip in the middle).
Damn!!!  It's only 7:30 am and I want a venny steak! ;D ;D ;D

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to soak ours in milk over night. Now we just soak in water for a couple minutes. Then  add oven fry for pork and flower and season salt in a big bag. Take your steaks and shake in the bag. Then have a nice hot skillet with oil going and cook tell done. UMMMMM
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
That is a good way to cook the steaks.  I had them cooked almost the exact same way and soaked in milk.  Those might have been the best venison steaks I have ever had.

Offline IAhawkinMN

The best steaks I have is every year when we cut up our deer we take the inner loin dip it in egg and then flower with multiple seasoning, never the same but always good to eat as you are cutting the deer up.  We had a group of 5 and got ten deer this year which was down from the 16 last year and we always eat up the inner loan each night while we cut.  Love the Iowa deer but the population seemed to be down this year.