Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How bad was the damage?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
How bad was the Emily area hit by last night's terrible storms?  We just spent a week up there last week, and are concerned that the little resort (Lake Emily Resort) may have been hit hard.  I can't get ahold of Eric and Tami at the resort.  Can anyone tell me anything from that area?  Thanks for your responses guys.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
As of this morning, we still haven't heard from the resort owners in Emily.  I have called and left text and facebook messages.  We pray they are okay.  Has anyone passed through the Emily area since the storms?  Did the south end of Emily Lake get flooded?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  The resort has a lot of huge pine trees.  If they started coming down around the campers and cabins it would be very bad.  Thanks for any info anyone can supply.  I have to work all this week, this weekend, and at least Monday of next week.  If I hear anything from the the resort, I'll be heading up there on my first day off with whatever support I can give.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gopher gunner, I drive by there alot but won't be that way till the weekend of the 23. I have not heard of anything from that area in regards to damage.

Do you have a place there? I rented and fished there many moons ago.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I stayed with them for deer season a couple times, and we've been up there for a summer vacation for the last 4 years now.  We are hoping to buy a camper and park it up there seasonally.  We have developed a good friendship with the couple that runs the resort, and really like it there, so we're hoping to get a camper in there.