Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489745 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
no I didn't, doesn't make sense, ate pineapple,in subzero temps...…….fer 20 days...... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: not sure what kind of shaper that pineapple be in???????

we had a frozen heggies pizza. same outfit that makes the lottza mottza. not bad, I would say a shade under the mottza. i'd buy them. bought these from our secretary doing a fund raiser for her sons sporting activities!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Supposed to be really good, but ya pay for 'em! My local Mom'n Pop where I get my pigger steaks sells 'em. Think they're $11 each. A few of the tavern's that WERE around here used to sell 'em. We'd have 'em after our softball games. I think they're made up in Milaca.
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 06:54:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'd rather pay 11 bucks for a pizza that I like then those jacks that are 5 for 10 bucks that tastes like boars cardboard!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think one of the bars downtown has the heggies you can have made there??????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll stick with Tombstone's. Had a stuffed crust DiGiornao's last nite. Not too bad. Awful thick crust, though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
them are good .yea i'm not a thick crust guy. kinda why I like the lottza mottza's and this heggies…..the thin crusts!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cinnamon apple roast in crack pot and ready to go!   :hubba:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
no I didn't, doesn't make sense, ate pineapple,in subzero temps...…….fer 20 days...... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: not sure what kind of shaper that pineapple be in???????

we had a frozen heggies pizza. same outfit that makes the lottza mottza. not bad, I would say a shade under the mottza. i'd buy them. bought these from our secretary doing a fund raiser for her sons sporting activities!!!!!!!

Here is an interesting article from City pages about frozen pizza. These are all made in Minnesota.
http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/the-frozen-pizzas-of-minnesota-ranked/483370591
Glenn, I think Lotzza Motzza is made by Bernatello’s

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow Reb! Looks great!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Here is an interesting article from City pages about frozen pizza. These are all made in Minnesota.
http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/the-frozen-pizzas-of-minnesota-ranked/483370591
not sure who actually makes them but the lottza mottza and heggies are very similar, especially the crust.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotzza Motzza is made by Bernatello's, and Heggies is made the Hegedus family of Onamia, Mn. Actually started production in their garage.   https://heggiespizza.com/ourstory

I used to love Bernatello's in the 80's, then they changed the recipes.

Good info, Coop! I haven't heard of half of those! I'll havta go for another Heggies when they're on sale at my Mom 'n Pop. The Lotsa Slopsa entire topping usually slides off and sticks to my chin/beard... :angry:
« Last Edit: January 01/13/20, 02:48:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotzza Motzza is made by Bernatello's, and Heggies is made the Hegedus family of Onamia, Mn. Actually started production in their garage.   https://heggiespizza.com/ourstory

Good info, Coop! I haven't heard of half of those! I'll havta go for another Heggies when they're on sale at my Mom 'n Pop. The Lotsa Slopsa entire topping usually slides off and sticks to my chin/beard... :angry:
:pouty: :pouty: awe, we've had this talk before, learn how to eat a pizza, wear a bib, use a knife and fork..................... :tut: :tut: :pouty: :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry.......gunner made me!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

That figgers. Know how to get an Iowegian girl to stop following you?

Take the pizza out of yer pocket.

:mooning:    🍕🍕🍕
« Last Edit: January 01/13/20, 03:11:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good info for Gunner...   LOL   I have always heard that most of the frozen pizzas if not all of them were made by Schwann's and labeled for the different brands.  ???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/13/20, 06:52:41 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Crack pot apple roast, taters and onions, (that had a sweet apple taste...) rolls.  :tongue:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great Reb.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: :pouty: awe, we've had this talk before, learn how to eat a pizza, wear a bib, use a knife and fork..................... :tut: :tut: :pouty: :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry.......gunner made me!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:...……………………………. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Korean pizza? Boy, everybody sells out....  :angry:

https://apnews.com/630bde2c1bfc4e24beec93d8c83531a2

Have yet to see much in the way of Korean offerings although Glenn tells me he's particularly fond of their cat and dog sausage pizzas... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to get Schwann's and years ago they had pretty darn good pizza burgers.  They quit doing them and kept telling the delivery guy. He said he passed the word on but they never got them back.  They do have great ice cream. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

hey Glenn I have been in that plant and yes they do make all those!!  annadale Minn I think..  and they make many more too!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

hey Glenn I have been in that plant and yes they do make all those!!  annadale Minn I think..  and they make many more too!!
:happy1: :happy1: I don't care who makes them as long as they keep coming out that nummy!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Have yet to see much in the way of Korean offerings although Glenn tells me he's particularly fond of their cat and dog sausage pizzas... :scratch:
hey don't you gotta go to bed yet!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home and the day was good I think!!   will know more tomorrow..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks great!   :happy1:

Where do you get them there crackpot bags?  Made a pot of chili over the weekend and keep forgetting about them?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
made it home and the day was good I think!!   will know more tomorrow..
and nothing on the news about nurses being attacked either!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks great!   :happy1:

Where do you get them there crackpot bags?  Made a pot of chili over the weekend and keep forgetting about them?   :scratch:

Any grocery store has them, Leech. In with the foil and such. Regular or large. Regular fits 5-6 qt crack pot.

https://www.target.com/p/reynolds-kitchens-slow-cooker-liners-6sq-ft/-/A-49087397?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Household%2BEssentials%2BShopping_Local&adgro

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh, I thought you meant
https://www.pizzerialola.com/

KOREAN BBQ

Beef short ribs, mozzarella, scallions, arugula, sesame, soy-chili vinaigrette

Ann Kim 
A Korean immigrant, inspired by the pure love of food, joy, and her mother’s own delicious cooking, quits her day job, opens an artisan pizza pie place and names it after her dog. There’s no need to be overly patriotic here, but is there anything more American than that? Yep, sometimes dreams do come true.
----------------------------

Place is really good (sw minneapolis)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus:

Don't worry Reb, they make a pepperoni pizza too.