Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489132 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
chicken wrapped in ham??    not heard of that one, but sounds good....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I bet if we go over there, and press our noses and sad eyes against the window, we'll get a plate.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It's taco Sunday. :happy1:

what kind of taco????????????   fish????   enjoy!!!!    :happy1: :rotflmao:
beef ya putz. :nerd: :nerd: fish is meant to be dipped in hot oil! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
It's taco Sunday. :happy1:

what kind of taco????????????   fish????   enjoy!!!!    :happy1: :rotflmao:
beef ya putz. :nerd: :nerd: fish is meant to be dipped in hot oil! :happy1:

sure, what ever you say!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I certainly hope Delsnort posts pics of his ham wrapped squab and the other stuff.....maybe he's just been jiving us all along... :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that chicken wrapped in ham does sound good.  Kind of like a reverse Chicken Corden Blue.  I need to get a ham for Easter yet. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe ya can trade a pkg of TP for one. 🐷
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 07:55:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember I ate chicken kiev with my Dad a lot when we'd go out to a restaurant.....for some reason, he really liked that. Try to find it now anywhere. Nothing like that squirt of butter when ya cut into it... ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad really likes it to when we go out to a place that he likes.  I have had it and it is pretty darn good.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
chicken wrapped in ham??    not heard of that one, but sounds good....
  Made it up.  Took some boneless skinless chicken boobs out of the freezer.    Butterflied them, put some craisins in and folded them back over.  sort of wrapped a slice of ham around them and put them on a baking sheet.  (salted and peppered before wrapping).   Put in the oven until done.    160 on the instant read thermometer. 

Confinement makes me want to cook..Maybe ribs tomorrow, since gonna be nice. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO the ham is on the outside?  Sounds darn good.  I am waiting for the Easter hams to go on sale.  I also have chicken on the list too.  We can make it for a few more days before we actually need to go to the store and possibly get the crud!!!! 
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 08:01:03 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Put a bag over yer head!  :rotflmao:  I thought maybe you were makin' this, Delsnort...

https://juliasalbum.com/ham-and-cheese-chicken-bake/
« Last Edit: March 03/30/20, 08:03:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful day for cooking outside yesterday.  Grilled up one of my favorite meals.  The steaks are from the doe my grandson shot last fall.  Tinfoil contains potatoes, carrots and onions.  Great stuff.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Todays project completed.  I got 2 lbs of ground pork. 

Then I added: 

2 tsp. dried sage
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1 tbls. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 pinch ground cloves

Mix spices real good in a small bowl.  Put pork in a bowl big enough to mix easy in.  Pour some spices on the pork and knead well.  Keep adding and kneading until you are out of spices.  Mix real good.  I then made small meatballs and put them on a freezer paper lined cookie sheet and then smashed them into a patty.  I got 15 of them.  Then put in freezer.
After they froze I vac packed them 2 to a pkg.

Just had some with 2 eggs and it was great!  No preservatives.  Just good ol homemade breakfast sausage.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful day for cooking outside yesterday.  Grilled up one of my favorite meals.  The steaks are from the doe my grandson shot last fall.  Tinfoil contains potatoes, carrots and onions.  Great stuff.

oh my...…..that looks great.

deadeye...how do you prepare them taters???? sliced real thin?????? roughly how long for them to cook till done...……… I gotta try that!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn  I do some thing like that and the potatoes are only cut into bite size chunks...  I use oil or butter or both...  throw in some bacon, onions mushrooms or what ever ya like and it's very good!!!  and wrap it in the foil..    usually takes about 30 minutes on the grill... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn  I do some thing like that and the potatoes are only cut into bite size chunks...  I use oil or butter or both...  throw in some bacon, onions mushrooms or what ever ya like and it's very good!!!  and wrap it in the foil..    usually takes about 30 minutes on the grill...
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: kinda like HOBO potatoes...…..throw in a little bit of everything. I make them to.....but not near enough, and never wrapped in foil and on the grill!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
mike89 pretty much nailed it.  I usually put them on the grill (450 degrees) about 20 minutes prior to putting the steaks on.  Rotate every 5 minutes or so to keep the butter from burning.  Serve with sour cream and pepper.  Then put them around the edges to keep them hot while finishing the steaks.  This is an great easy meal while hunting.  I like the mushroom idea...
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: kinda like HOBO potatoes...…..throw in a little bit of everything. I make them to.....but not near enough, and never wrapped in foil and on the grill!!!!!! :pouty:

just like the hobo meal!!!!  only thing missing the meat!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

just like the hobo meal!!!!  only thing missing the meat!!!
always cooked da meat separate!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when we were camping we would put some burger on the foil and then ad the taters and what anyone wanted in it and cover it for each person for supper!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A pot of chili is simmering on the stove  :smoking: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tacos, burrito's, and key-lime yogurt.  :tongue:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Shrimps, hash browns, salad & strawberry pie for dessert. Having some G&T's as an appetizer. Need to be careful not to overdo it. Mrs. Cheviot has had that "come hither" look in her eye all day and may try to catch me at a weak moment... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some large shrimps simmered in garlic butter.  With cole slaw and cottage cheese.  Yes I should have taken a pic since the cottage cheese was there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some large shrimps simmered in garlic butter.  With cole slaw and cottage cheese.  Yes I should have taken a pic since the cottage cheese was there.
:happy1: :happy1: you done good!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: you done good!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and I just got me some cottage cheese with chives!!!!!!!!!!!  good eats!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had Cheerios yesterday so today I can have my homemade sausage and 2 eggs.  Looking forward to it.  So easy to make the sausage and it may be the best I have had.  Of course that is a biased opinion.   :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I figgered I'd better get the little blue guy riled up this a.m. so posting last nite's feast. Hadn't had shrimp in a while so it was a welcome treat as was the strawberry pie Mrs. Cheviot made.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)