Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1508993 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You guyz got me thinking about roast beast for the weekend iffin I  can afford buying one w/o a short term personel loan....I usually do the roast n bag deal,cover the roast with carrots and red taters n beef broth...kinda hard to screw up plus easy clean up.
snow, that roast was #16.17 and because I got it in the reduced pile it was 3 bucks off.  Do it cost me $13.17. I figure that will end up being 3 maybe 4 meals.  With other goodies, that's a pretty inexpensive chunk of meat overall. :happy1:

Gee glenn,not only are you a miser but also a fugal shopper tight arse as some say,sadly in my area my grocery doesn't have a discount section dang-it...

your roast looks darn good,I don't see cottage cheese side?

I agree!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, I have a Food Saver vac sealer.  I got the one they advertise on TV.  Came with lots of accessories.  Have had it for 10 years and still going strong. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so LPS where do you get your replacement bags for your sealer??? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just order them on Amazon.  I get 10 - 12 rolls at a time.  Sucks to run out of them.  They are real expensive at the hardware store. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://foodvacbags.com/

thinking about ordering from these guys..  I think they are in Wis maybe..   free shipping in the USA..   I can get rolls and pre-cut bags here and I feel the prices are decent...  what do you think??    and yes retail prices are nuts!!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They look great.  That is the size I get 11" x 50'.  I use a plastic cutting board as a square to draw cut off lines with a marker.  Keeps them squared off. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I freeze 2 burgers per bag I do freeze them for an hour on a cookie sheet and parchment paper before I vac them. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
When I freeze 2 burgers per bag I do freeze them for an hour on a cookie sheet and parchment paper before I vac them.

an old locker plant trick there!!!    :happy1:

going to get both the gallon and quart size bags and some rolls too...  hate runnin out too!!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LP my food saver is about 20 years old,kinda gave up sealing fish these days,just keeping a few for dinner the day we catch em,fillet fish always seem to taste better rather than frozen/thawed.Game birds the same especially shart tail,they are best grilled fresh,otherwise they get really gaming tasting a month or two down the road,sharptail/prarie chickens,huns in south dakota are mostly grain fed= much better table fare vs the ones we shoot in nebraska which feed on sage in the south central part of the state.

But like glenn I'm  tight arse,well kinda unless I really think I need it,doesn't take long to convince myself either and pull the trigger.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just ordered some bags and rolls.  real nice folks to deal with!!!    :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the Foodsaver game saver deluxe plus. I have been using it probably weekly for years. It’s a very good unit. It has the bag cutter, which is a nice feature. Like LPS I buy the bags only, more versatile. I buy the 50ft roll of 8”, and 50ft roll of 11” on Amazon for $17.89 and free shipping.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never ordered off amazon myself, yet...  need to look into that ...  my sealer has the cutter built in too...    it all works.. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never ordered off amazon myself, yet...  need to look into that ...  my sealer has the cutter built in too...    it all works..

Don't do it.  Its like a drug.  Once you put your credit card into the system...  its too easy.   :surrender:

But if you do, don't do Prime...

Because when you do, you click on $#!T on the website and it shows up on your doorstep tomorrow!!!   :happy1:

But if you do do Prime, don't tell your wife, cause she'll start to click on $#!T, and stuff you've never heard of will start showing up on your door tomorrow.   :doah:

Sure, your apprehensive at first.  You'll double-triple check your order and re-enter your payment and shipping info each time before you hit buy; as if each purchase was signing a new mortgage.  But after a time you will lower your guard.  You'll save your shipping address into the defaults so you don't have to type them every time.  And then you'll trust them with your credit card - because everyone else does.  And before you know it, you'll be clicking on the "Buy Now" button without even looking at the order details.  But by then, it is too late.   :pouty:

:rotflmao:

In all seriousness, it makes shopping almost too easy.

You'll have to decide if you'll use it enough to get free shipping after you pay for the Prime subscription fees.

Not everything you buy comes from Amazon.  Lots of other sellers use Amazon as a front and stuff ships from their locations, and not an Amazon warehouse.

You still have to comparison shop.  Amazon often has low prices, but not always.

Also beware, Amazon prices often fluctuate.  You may see something one day and a week later it is 13% higher or lower.  And a week after that it is back to normal.  I think they employ sophisticated, dynamic supply and demand algorithms.  If there is high demand for an item, they may bump the price temporarily.  If no one has been clicking on an item, they may lower the price temporarily to attract customers.
« Last Edit: February 02/03/22, 01:08:16 PM by Steve-o »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You guyz got me thinking about roast beast for the weekend iffin I  can afford buying one w/o a short term personel loan....I usually do the roast n bag deal,cover the roast with carrots and red taters n beef broth...kinda hard to screw up plus easy clean up.
snow, that roast was #16.17 and because I got it in the reduced pile it was 3 bucks off.  Do it cost me $13.17. I figure that will end up being 3 maybe 4 meals.  With other goodies, that's a pretty inexpensive chunk of meat overall. :happy1:

Gee glenn,not only are you a miser but also a fugal shopper tight arse as some say,sadly in my area my grocery doesn't have a discount section dang-it...

your roast looks darn good,I don't see cottage cheese side?
:tut: :tut: :tut: snow.....snow....snow......cottage cheese aint even allowed in the house!!!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Steve-o!!  it's been just me since the wife passed away and that's fine with me...   as for prime I think as long as you order a minimum amount, $25.00 maybe, it's free shipping.. still trying to figure it out...  that's why I ordered the vac bags where I did..  and I think you are really right on going nuts on that site!!!   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Homemade baked beans. None of that canned stuff. With a saved ham bone.

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We do Prime and it is great for us.  Plus for that $100 a year for prime you also get their movie thing like Netflix for free.  Like you said hit the Buy Now button and it is at the door in a couple of days usually.  Sometimes a week at most.  When you live up here it is 100 miles to get anywhere to buy some things. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Prime is going up to $139.00, what a ripoff!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That may make me rethink having it. Don't get the 2 day shipping anyway now. It was bad enough when it went up to 125.00
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
bet it don't cost that much to head to your local Wally world.  :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:scratch: :scratch: so you gotta pay a membership fee for Amazon. :scratch: ef that  :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just for free or express shipping.  :scratch: What does Costco  charge a year  :confused:, ef that!  :sleazy: :nerd: :doah: :evil:                :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 02/04/22, 11:42:32 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You just pay the $139 or whatever if you want free shipping for a year and their free movie thing which is pretty good.  It is a bargain for us. If you don't pay the fee you just have to pay for shipping.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually if your order is over $25 it's free as well.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I ran into Tom Briggs the other day.  He is selling the Lake of The Woods distillery products in many states and also his own fish breading.  He used to own the Wigwam resort up here.  I have heard this is good stuff.  No need to dip in milk or egg.  Just dip damp fish in this powder and let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes and then fry or deep fry.  Gonna have some tonight. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually if your order is over $25 it's free as well.

that's what I have heard too!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just for free or express shipping.  :scratch: What does Costco  charge a year  :confused:, ef that!  :sleazy: :nerd: :doah: :evil:                :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
yea it aint 139 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: and i get to see and touch what i'm buying........ :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it aint 139 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: and i get to see and touch what i'm buying........ :happy1: :happy1:
That's the beauty of it.  If you don't like it - take it to Kohls.  They are set up to process returns for Amazon.  I think return shipping is free - or maybe it is with membership.  But they do make it easy as heck.  Just drop bring it in, they scan the code, and you walk away.