Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488654 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Love good ring bologna, even by itself but your plate has the right stuff.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Windy, rainy, and 46* here. I'm having a left-over smoked CSR, and a bowl of home-made chicken noodle soup, with some mini-ciabattas.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I be having a burger at the Bluffs!; :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Pregame is stir fry with jalapeƱos, habaneros and Serrano peppers, wow this is nice and spicy. Post game is a roast in the crockpot cooking with all the vegies paired with mashed taters and gravy
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Awesome! What does a plane ticket cost to Pittsburgh and how does it warm up?  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome! What does a plane ticket cost to Pittsburgh and how does it warm up?  :happy1:
I'll keep it warm for ya. As for the plane ticket couldn't tell you, god didn't put wings on me so I don't fly, I'm a big old chicken s***. I drive the 17 hours to vermilion every year instead of a 2 hour flight and then a 3 to 4 hour drive
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't figgered out a name for it yet, but it's tasty. I'm sure Glenn will holler out something; just watch.  Browned a lb of burger, one green pepper, one onion, diced. Added a cup of cooked elbow macaroni and a can of chili hot beans. (red beans) Dumped in a can of red enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder, cup of Smurfy's all-purpose sauce,(KATCHUP), onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked chipotle powder. Topped with shredded mexi-blend cheese.  I used the enchilada sauce because I could not find the can of spicy pasta sauce I knew I had (found this stuff at Menard's!) When I was done cooking, I noticed it sitting behind the basket of apples..... :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey buddy.................that really looks good!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: little early in the day for supper?????? or is that just a mid afternoon snack?????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, pipe down, pipsqueak!  ;D  I'm not feeling so hot today, so I whipped it up now so I can just heat 'n eat later. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good reboroni, or it could be rebs putterin pasta. Chuck in some garlic cheesy bread and I'm on my way!  :taz:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good reboroni, or it could be rebs putterin pasta. Chuck in some garlic cheesy bread and I'm on my way!  :taz:

That's it!!! Great one, boober!!!!  ;) ;) ;D Actually, right now I ache like hell all over and feel like I'm gonna barf...you'll have to bring the bread.   :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good but you better keep the Tum's handy...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here you coulda used the word of the day in that sentence...... ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And here you coulda used the word of the day in that sentence...... ;D
well just maybe he was working and didnt see it!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
From that reply, I can only then state that at least SOME people work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol reb. Ya I don't feel so  well myself, I'm gonna fight it and drown it the best I can  :swords: :tequila; Chasing rowsters this weekend so we'll see if I can keep up with the youngsters in the field.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope its works for you, boober...didn't for me.  I feel like s__t. Got a lot to try to do outside today, too. $#@!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Took out all the walleye cheeks I saved all summer so having them. Not sure what else probably some kind of noodles.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Started a big crockpot of smoky ham and pea soup....had a big ol' hambone fulla meat in the freezer.  Um numm... ;D

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm, not a big pea fan but I'm always willing to hit something that's loaded with ham....poor me a bowl.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm, not a big pea fan but I'm always willing to hit something that's loaded with ham....poor me a bowl.

Yeah, if it were me, but it's not, I would use some great northern beans instead...  Or Cannellini beans.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, then it wouldn't be split pea soup would it Del? "If it were me"...I'd dump a bowl over yer head. Of Jasmine Rice. With cannellini beans.    training-087
« Last Edit: November 11/13/16, 07:46:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ended up dumping it into my soup pot and simmering its until done, boober. It rose right to the top in the crock-pot, and that doesn't fly when trying to cook soup. Anything in a crock pot needs to be about 1 1/2" below the lid for proper cooking. Also, the stupid liner was leaking. IMO, you can't make proper from- scratch- soup in a crock-pot. Needs to simmer on the stove for a few hours to thicken it properly. I shoulda saved the liner to put over Del's head.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My, you are certainly hostile today.  What's the matter?. Neighbor lady shut you down last night?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, I had to boot yer daughter out.  Again.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/13/16, 08:52:09 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice try but she would have seen you and that soup and retched uncontrollably.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably from all the friggin' soused-up undercooked crap you stuffed in her mug over the years.
« Last Edit: November 11/13/16, 08:59:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably from all the friggin' soused-up undercooked crap you stuffed in her mug over the years.

Nah, just got the sous vide last year....   Before that, if anything the food was overcooked.