Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488636 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great lookin' stuff Reb! Aside from the muffinhead anyway.  :rotflmao: We had beets frequently growing up, fresh cooked, beet greens, pickled beets and otherwise. We discovered del's secret at a young age and frequently pointed out our newfound talents to our siblings. More recently we've fed the beet cast-offs to the sheep. Since they lack opposable thumbs the sheep kinda roll the beets around with their noses to wedge them in someplace so they can take a bite out of them. Messy process & since their heads are white, the ewes look kinda like kids after they've been playing in their mom's red lipstick.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01/15/17, 10:45:00 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't tell Glenn!   *SMOOCH*

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Them wings look dynamite reb.... bobber likes wingy!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
This will definitely be a repeat meal, Wild rice, sea food cassarole.
1 can each cream of chicken and celery
Milk
Velveta cheese
Shrimp, crab and cod
Wild rice
Onion, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas
Top with bread crumbs and parm cheese
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes Reb I do, scary thought!

coffee that looks great!!  I made something similar awhile back, but I'd take yours any day!!!   i just might have to try that!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks soooooo good coffee. To be farther east to have access to more quality and variety of seafood I'm envious.

I didn't eat many of those until college Reb. They hadn't processed stuff quite as much yet and microwaves were just showing up. However the cost vs. ramen, weenies and stuff out of my parents freezer cut into my beer budget.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had those when I was a kid, usually on friday nites when my Mom was gone and my Dad was working. (latchkey kid)  You mean you actually spent money on something other than beer???!!! Cripes!! I never thought of that!!!  :tequila;

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks soooooo good coffee. To be farther east to have access to more quality and variety of seafood I'm envious.

I usually get most of my seafood and meats at restaurant depot when I need to get some supplies for the shop. They have a walk-in cooler the size of a football field. I walk through there like a kid in a candy store, I want that and that and that oh and that. 15 to 20 lb briskets, whole Fred flintstone style racks of ribs pork butts bigger than a small child and all the fresh fish and seafood. My personal bill is usually higher that the bill for the shop
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the recipe Coffe!!!  Looks great.  Still helping out with my wife's diet plan, so nothing interesting to post.  We have Resturant depots here also.  We even have one that you don't need a membership for.  I'll have to stop there and check it out.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the recipe Coffe!!!  Looks great.  Still helping out with my wife's diet plan, so nothing interesting to post.  We have Resturant depots here also.  We even have one that you don't need a membership for.  I'll have to stop there and check it out.  good luck.

i have not heard of restaurant depot??

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
There is one in Brooklyn Park or Brooklyn Center.  No membership needed.  Other one's you have to have a membership.  They sell a lot of whole cuts of meats very reasonable.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sorry no pics but man did I have a good supper this weekend. Buddy took a pork loin. Cut some of the day off. Seasoned it, cut an onion up over it then dumped 2 qts of home made said kraut on top of it. Set the slow cooker on high for about 5 hours. Meat was so tasty and fell apart. Added some BBQ sauce and pigged  out!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WAHAT?!?!  No KATSUP!?!?!?!  :moon:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought about ya the other day...had a pile of seasoned fries, and a big pile of dunking KATSUP!!!  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought about ya the other day...had a pile of seasoned fries, and a big pile of dunking KATSUP!!!  ;)
:happy1: :happy1:

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Pork and kraut are fantastic companions!!!! Put that katchup away lttle fella!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin' special...some CSR's rubbed with smoky mesquite, kernel corn, and smashed taters. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's sounds good Glenn. Man I don't remember the last time I had country style ribs, makes me want some reb. I didn't get pics either, homemade cheese and broccoli soup with French dips , call me a slug Cuz i ain't moving off of this couch.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Put a beret on Glenn, and ya got a big french dip!!!  :rotflmao:  I'm kinda lazed out myself, Boob. Nuttin' wrong with that!!  ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will be doing country style ribs this weekend.  Ok I have made lasagna a few times.  It is good each time but just did not turn me on.   The sauce was not right etc....   Some of them were a lot of work too.  SO who has a great lasagna recipe that is not too complicated.  I like a lot of meat, a good red sauce, and I like cottage cheese in it too.  Also lots of cheese....   Is that too much to ask for?????   I will make this and ribs so we will have leftovers for the week...    Very funny about Glenn with the beret Rebs..   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't help it. This image just popped into my head....sacre bleu!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01/17/17, 06:39:52 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Put a beret on Glenn, and ya got a big french dip!!!  :rotflmao:  I'm kinda lazed out myself, Boob. Nuttin' wrong with that!!  ;)

too funny!! :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Found a recipe that sounds good and easy. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not much on lasagna, but I will see what I can find. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

too funny!! :rotflmao:
watch it bucko! :doah: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'll give rebarooni a big head.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Most lasagna recipes these days call for ricotta instead of cottage cheese, btw.