Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489570 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Perfect Hd!! Me, I got booted otta da kitchen by my fare weather worker wife tgat decided to work from home today. Meatloaf in the tins ( no Glenn that's not katchup) , twice baked squirshed taters loaded with lots and rebs fav , green bean casserole . Not bad!!
yea right!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: EVERYBODY uses katchup on meatloaf!!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

we had home made chicky noodle soup, freshly made venny wieners.........with KATCHUP and horseradish!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/05/18, 07:37:25 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Perfect Hd!! Me, I got booted otta da kitchen by my fare weather worker wife tgat decided to work from home today. Meatloaf in the tins ( no Glenn that's not katchup) , twice baked squirshed taters loaded with lots and rebs fav , green bean casserole . Not bad!!
yea right!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: EVERYBODY uses katchup on meatloaf!!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

we had home made chicky noodle soup, freshly made venny wieners.........with KATCHUP and horseradish!!!

I don't. I use my special meatloaf topping. ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Last tub of the Pea'n ham soup. Warm ciabatta's with sharp cheddar.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
BBQ'ed Goose, cooked in the slow cooker on Hawaiian rolls with smashed potatoes & broccoli.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang right, I'd dip that goose sammich in that pea soup all day long ... :happy1:great work guys !!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Heinz  KATCHUP industry ain't no good without the union!!! Go get 'em, Glenn! Local 492!  :police:

Union-busting at Kraft's 'delicious world'

Kraft Foods, the world's second-largest food company, appears to be improvising their planned breakup into two separate corporate entities. But faced with the prospect of a union at their factory in Allentown, Pennsylvania, top corporate management lost no time to combat what they perceived as a mortal danger to the company.

Over 300 workers are employed at the factory, making Grey Poupon mustard, A-1 Steak Sauce, T-Discs for the Tassimo hot beverage-maker and natural cheese products (the factory lost the processed cheese line in 2007, with the loss of many jobs).

Among other issues, workers at the plant complain about scheduling - some employees on the Tassimo lines have worked 30 days straight without a day off. To qualify for double time pay for extra hours worked, workers must put in 7 straight days within the scheduled work week. Workers on the Tassimo lines complain about understaffing, frequent rules changes and management favoritism.

The pension plan has been closed to all employees hired after 2004, and future company contributions for qualifying employees limited. Laid off workers have no recall rights in the event of new openings, and are forced to reapply as new employees.

The IUF-affiliated BCTGM began recruiting and organizing at the plant earlier this year, and was building up momentum to sign up a majority of workers for a union representation election. BCTGM Local 492 filed for an election on May 24 and the election was set for June 28.

Unions aren't always needed if the workplace cares about the employees.  This is obviously a case where the corporation does not care about the employees and a union is needed to ensure they are taken care of not taken advantage of.  I have been in union and non union shops and there is pro and con to each case. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I call deception on the Kraft thing  feds say time and a half after 40 hours.

But that would still interfere with cooking.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That doesn't work, Del. MAYO got around it. We worked four 12 hr days on...two off...repeat. .....and it was arranged so the pay period hit on the middle, splitting the hours.....we never got the OT pay. Guys wrote to every fed and rep there was; they still got around it. Still doing it.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That doesn't work, Del. MAYO got around it. We worked four 12 hr days on...two off...repeat. .....and it was arranged so the pay period hit on the middle, splitting the hours.....we never got the OT pay. Guys wrote to every fed and rep there was; they still got around it. Still doing it.

I will take your word for it.  Perhaps you were classified as exempt or some other trick.  But I still don't believe that those factory workers were working 30 days straight and 70 hours a week without ot. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I will take your word for it.  Perhaps you were classified as exempt or some other trick.  But I still don't believe that those factory workers were working 30 days straight and 70 hours a week without ot. 

Hard to tell with all that "Fake news". A couple guys raised so much he** about the MAYO thing, they both were later terminated for "disruptive behavior/insubordination". Could they have fought it?  Sure. But MAYO does what MAYO wants and gets away with it.

Del, ya got any silicone spray? I hear that loud squeakin' noise again...... ;)  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/18, 09:11:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:offtopic: :offtopic: :confused: :confused: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hard to tell with all that "Fake news". A couple guys raised so much he** about the MAYO thing, they both were later terminated for "disruptive behavior/insubordination". Could they have fought it?  Sure. But MAYO does what MAYO wants and gets away with it.

Del, ya got any silicone spray? I hear that loud squeakin' noise again...... ;)  :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheeseburglars off da grill and zesty fries, with KATCHUP.  Curious how the frie bag denotes type of person they are intended for.... :scratch: :evil:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking mighty fine reb, you'll be na night in no time finishing that meal!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Zzzzzzz, I know i wood be sawing wood!!!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who drooled on my chin??! *GAAZAAAWK* :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had pig wings and tater salad for lunch today, darn good... first time I had those things!!!  and I would tell anyone to try them!!!!

google them if you don't know what they are..........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those baby riblet things, right?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't those are pigger rib bones....??  :scratch:
« Last Edit: March 03/07/18, 07:34:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't those are pigger rib bones....??  :scratch:

nope.......  from the front shank, super tender and great tasting!!!   add some home made BBQ sauce from down the road and nummmmmssss!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O boy! I'm hungry all over again!  :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pork chops in mushroom soup gravy, taters and peas

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Pork chops in mushroom soup gravy, taters and peas

did ya brown then first!!! 

dat looks great for sure!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea the wifey browned then first!!!!!! note...............no katchup was used. BUT i didn't have no horseradish thawed out!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea the wifey browned then first!!!!!! note...............no katchup was used. BUT i didn't have no horseradish thawed out!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

don't need that stuff when it's gravy!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya! Peas porridge hot; peas porridge cold; pig chops in the pot, the horseradish is too cold!!! :rotflmao: