Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489482 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: other then a good Rueben...….irish food is overrated!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

were having lasagna tonight, albiet momma cheats. her's doesn't have cottage cheese in it!!!!!  :puke: :puke:

Neither does actual italian lasagna, fool. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
really...name calling...…………..go back to sillytown. :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sheez,  put whatever works for anyone in any dish...the toilet doesn't think twice..well maybe sometimes!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I actually like a glop of cold cottage cheese on top of the hot lasagna...really!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sheez,  put whatever works for anyone in any dish...the toilet doesn't think twice..well maybe sometimes!!

'zactly Boober. I like doing stuff that tastes good to me no matter whose cuisine it originated from. Some of these things like curry powder are fun to slip into lamb dishes along with Oriental & Mediterranean seasoning. Equally fun to get the reactions after people have gorged themselves and ask what it was seasoned with. Sometimes I don't remember... :rotflmao:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda how I cook...…….sometimes drive da wife crazy....but she's never not eaten my cookin.

and we gotz power flush!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually like a glop of cold cottage cheese on top of the hot lasagna...really!
I have never liked cottage cheese...….ever. took me a long time to  get back to liking certain salad dressings. when I started at the stainless tank shop, I worked on the road. cutting open some of them vessels that held milk and leaked kinda took care of wanting to eat some of those milk bi-products. :doah: :doah: :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

'zactly Boober. I like doing stuff that tastes good to me no matter whose cuisine it originated from. Some of these things like curry powder are fun to slip into lamb dishes along with Oriental & Mediterranean seasoning. Equally fun to get the reactions after people have gorged themselves and ask what it was seasoned with. Sometimes I don't remember... :rotflmao:
well...………...don't ya add gin to everything???????????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope, just to my quinine water to protect me from malaria recurrences. Add some limes to counter the effects of scurvy and I'm good to go. Why I don't remember what seasonings I used too... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But ya HAVETA have cottage cheese with chives, next to a braunschweiger on rye sandwich, ya just have to!   Next to a pile o' black olives!  :confused:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
But ya HAVETA have cottage cheese with chives, next to a braunschweiger on rye sandwich, ya just have to!   Next to a pile o' black olives!  :confused:

Nothing wrong with cottage cheese.   I like it myself.   It just doesn't go in lasagna.   If you want to put cottage cheese in it, just call it marinara noodle hot dish or something.    It's like that hot dish they eat in Chicago that's claimed to be a pizza.   

What's the matter with folks, too lazy to think up a new name for their culinary creation, so they have to steal one from the Italians?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Glenn, don't be stealing names from Eyetalians!  :tut: Ya gots to git yer own names for things, like Reb-a-roni, thanks to Boober, and Dotch's Baa-baa burgers!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/18/19, 06:28:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I cook my way too, sometimes and it happens often, I can not repeat the recipe twice!!!!  and no one complains or has died!!!!  explore with your taste buds!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta agree with del :shocked: & Reb too, I'm a fan of cottage cheese. :cheerleader: Actually 'bout my favorite salad 'specially with some onion & tomatoes, best if'n those are outta the garden. :Clap:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta agree with del :shocked: & Reb too, I'm a fan of cottage cheese. :cheerleader: Actually 'bout my favorite salad 'specially with some onion & tomatoes, best if'n those are outta the garden. :Clap:

Ya, except for that crap yer Mom would make in the 60's...lime cottage cheese jello..... :puke:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like cottage cheese too.  Great snack to eat quick.  Pepper on it too!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That don't even look good to me, Reb! :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 03/18/19, 08:19:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never liked cottage cheese...….ever. took me a long time to  get back to liking certain salad dressings. when I started at the stainless tank shop, I worked on the road. cutting open some of them vessels that held milk and leaked kinda took care of wanting to eat some of those milk bi-products. :doah: :doah: :puke:
:scratch: & here I thought it was 'cause it's not good with KATCHUP. :confused: ;) :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: & here I thought it was 'cause it's not good with KATCHUP. :confused: ;) :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

in case dumar didnt notice, everything i cook is refered to as WORLD FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :smoking: and i never refered the the lasgna as itilian or irish. jesus H keripies!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We tried something different....We had Shwan's chicken breasts & asparagus....the difference was, a goat cheese Mac and cheese for a side.

I have to admit, it was pretty good! She bought it at Aldi's  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was reading about Glenn hating creamed corn....and there ARE some bad ones out there. Best used to be Festal...haven't seen Festal for years, so I looked it up, and ran across this...kinda interesting.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/11/22/festal-foods-canned-pumpkin

As far as the corn, I've found the Green Giant is the best for me.
For Glenn: Dump a can of it into a casserole dish, and take about 10-12 finely crushed RITZ crackers, (DON'T use any other kind of cracker!) dump in and mix well, along with a lot of black pepper for bite, and a big tbsp of dark brown sugar, with a sprinkle of salt. Bake uncovered at 350* for about an hour; take out and stir the top "crust" that's formed into it. Lit sit a bit until really thick. I love it this way.
That's my old "Injun corn" recipe I came up with many years ago, because I don't like bland scalloped corn.   :smiley:

« Last Edit: March 03/20/19, 01:41:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
very rarely do i eat canned corn. occasionally i will eat frozen corn. my go to i do myself. and thats by getting the fresh local sweet corn on da cob, shuck it boil it, put in cold water cut off the cob, put it qt ziplock bags, let cool down in frig overnite then the freezer.

and in no way do i ever make creamed corn. like i said i had to eat till i couldnt handle it no more.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be leftovers for me tonite. Not feelin' so hot. Danged earache/headache big time.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would, but they hurt, too.   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You better just relax tomorrow.