Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490314 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

straight as an arrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel: :angel: :angel:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a ham steak the otter day so tonight da rest got butched up fer omeletos, combined with sliced up fungus,  cheese, little sizzlers and homemade bacon! Think I'll try playing dead tonight dotch.. :surrender:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a ham steak the otter day so tonight da rest got butched up fer omeletos, combined with sliced up fungus,  cheese, little sizzlers and homemade bacon! Think I'll try playing dead tonight dotch.. :surrender:

dang I want one too now!!!!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
SEKS....that's all you guys think about. And bacon.  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
had a good ole Rueben at the bierstube in red wing tonight. dang there good. complete with 1000 island !!!!!!!!!!

there was a table full of elderly ladies, all I could hear them talk about is this guy they called rebby and wondering when he was coming back to town!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/19, 08:29:28 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
had a good ole Rueben at the bierstube in red wing tonight. dang there good. complete with 1000 island !!!!!!!!!!

there was a table full of elderly ladies, all I could hear them talk about is this guy they called rebby and wondering when he was coming back to town!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ol' Fireball is way too busy down here. Tell them that next time ya sit see them.   :mooning:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mamma is otta town on business,  soooo tonight's dinner the whipper snapper is doing mac n cheese and I'm pairing it with tuna melts.. oh baby!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tuna melts?  :hubba: Yer lucky Mrs. Boober isn't in town or she'd wear you down to a nub!  :laugh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll take da mac 'n cheese, but I'll have to be a Glenn and say not sure about tuna melts.... :undecided:

Not sure here, either. Might be scraps or one of thos emergency Marie Callendar creamy turkey/mushroom pot pies.....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to agree with Boober and Dotch, good eats!!  left overs for sure today and maybe tomorrow too but it's all good!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, Glenn.   :rotflmao:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

whats a tuna melt???????????? one of boars fish he left in the sun for a week????????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hot tuna, cheese, and mayo.... :puke:

How to Make It
Stir the tuna, celery and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
Place the toast on a rack in a broiler pan. Divide the tuna mixture evenly among the toast and spread to the edges. Top the tuna mixture with the cheese.
Heat the broiler. Broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We love Tuna melts. Put each one if foil and bake them for 25 minutes or so. Great way to use up extra hamburger buns.  OR hot dog buns too probably.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm doing a Glenn on that...how to ruin a good bun!  :tut:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/19, 09:04:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's project will eventually be on the stove or grill.  This went just great.  Made the burgers froze on cookie sheets then vac bagged them and walla.  I made 5.5 oz. burgers and got 17 out of a 5 lb. chub.  Will make 6 oz. the next time to get an even number of them.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so just outta curiosity, did you also add some type of seasonings to the burgers?????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No I didn't this time.  Maybe next time.  I guess you can make Juicy Lucys too and freeze them.  Was actually a fun project.  Cost about $17 for the tool and also a couple of bucks for wax sheets cut the right size for the project. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a cool tool lps, did the burgers pop right out or did ya have to use a little spray or anything?? Just curious,  I dont have one..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No I didn't this time.  Maybe next time.  I guess you can make Juicy Lucys too and freeze them.  Was actually a fun project.  Cost about $17 for the tool and also a couple of bucks for wax sheets cut the right size for the project.

Those are nice! That's the way to fly!  :happy1: If I'm gonna make a bunch, I haveta use my 1970's ancient  Tupperware plastic burger press....remember those?  :rolleyes:  If yer gonna make Juicy Lucys, I wouldn't freeze 'em, just cuz cheese don't freeze well (it can get crumbly) and can get watery on cooking. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/19, 04:30:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With the sheets of wax type paper they come right out.  I forgot to put paper on the top of one and it stuck tight to the plunger.  It is best to weigh your individual patties so they turn out the same.  So glad I had a scale or I would have bought one of them too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with ya on the Juicy Lucys Rebs.  I wondered about that.  Then I would make some thinner burgers for that so you could assemble them before cooking.  And Del that is interesting about the sous vide thing with burgers.  I wondered if it was doable.  My wife even mentioned it since we did that steak awhile back with the redneck method.  It turned out great!