Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488692 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Oven baked pork chops swimming in cream of mushroom gravy, squished spuds and green beans. Along with my world famous horseradish.

So what do you put the horsey-radish on?
pork, including steak, chops sausage, ham. Hot dogs, bologna, fish. Sometimes I like to put it in hash browns, or fried potatoes. I have a homemade bloody Mary mix that calls for horseradish also.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a couple eye of round roasts going in the oven shortly..  at 275 to start them out..  seasoned them up last night with onion soup mix and some smokey mesquite seasoning along with them on a bed of onions and more on them... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds interesting Mike.  Then what do you do with it.  Crank up the heat at any point? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
a couple eye of round roasts going in the oven shortly..  at 275 to start them out..  seasoned them up last night with onion soup mix and some smokey mesquite seasoning along with them on a bed of onions and more on them...
wadda cooking all that for???????????? grooms dinner!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dat funny Glenn!!!  no Jim gets some of it too..  that way we both have some leftovers!!!  depending on how it's going I might crank up the temp to 325 later LPS...  then depending on how it's split up the GF could get some of it too..  and only take up to 140....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Oven baked pork chops swimming in cream of mushroom gravy, squished spuds and green beans. Along with my world famous horseradish.

pork, including steak, chops sausage, ham. Hot dogs, bologna, fish. Sometimes I like to put it in hash browns, or fried potatoes. I have a homemade bloody Mary mix that calls for horseradish also.

All at one dinner?! :scratch: I meant just the dinner you had pics off... :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, Mikey, I'll say you sure eat like a king!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

All at one dinner?! :scratch: I meant just the dinner you had pics off... :rolleyes:
oh......just da pork chops. :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Do those get nice and tender?

they have been, but I never know til they are done!!!   :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee thanks.  Trying to figure out how to cook those country style boneless beef ribs I have.  Crockpot???  I thought maybe Mikes method may work for them too.  Hoping he tells me how he does them.
« Last Edit: April 04/16/19, 09:37:41 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are having burgers.  Since they are already made and ready to thaw they are kind of my new favorite thing.  Gonna get tomatoes and lettuce since my lettuce isn't ready yet.  And fresh onion buns.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee thanks.  Trying to figure out how to cook those country style boneless beef ribs I have.  Crockpot???  I thought maybe Mikes method may work for them too.  Hoping he tells me how he does them.

Well, I'd marinate them, wrap in foil, and put on the grill, except for the last few minutes...take out of foil.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does sound like a good plan Rebs. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

the way I've done the CS ribs was the mostly..  bed of 1/2 in onions a layer of ribs seasoned or BBQ (I like BBQ sauce) more ribs and seasoning or sauce and onions until all the meat is in the crackpot!!!   

and for time on the beef roast, I cook to temp, usually 140 to 145, pull and let it rest...   hope this helps ya!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
pulled it 143 and it's resting now!!!!  nummy!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Sous Vide.   You probably already have a foodsaver thing, or use freezer ziplocs.   
Sorry to say I'm not sure what a boneless country style beef rib is, but you can independently control tenderness and doneness with sous vide.   And they are well under a hundred bucks.

Want a chuck roast that is a pretty good imitation of prime rib?   Sous Vide will do that.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They look like pork CSR's except beef.  Actually have nothing to do with ribs but they call them that.  Interesting about the SV method Del. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Fried some flounder on the stove, mixed veggies and smashed taters.....washed down with a Landshark!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Fried some flounder on the stove, mixed veggies and smashed taters.....washed down with a Landshark!
flounder...……….did boar fight a bit!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
They look like pork CSR's except beef.  Actually have nothing to do with ribs but they call them that.  Interesting about the SV method Del.

So, where on the cow do they come from?   If you would like to try sous vide, I have a spare you could borrow.   Then send it back when you are convinced.   Or watch for a sale...   Mine are Anova.   They sell one from "instapot" at target.   Wand looking thing that clamps on the side of a container and heats/circulates the water.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beef CSR's are also called short ribs. Brisket, chuck or rib area, silly.  :rolleyes:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Beef CSR's are also called short ribs. Brisket, chuck or rib area, silly.  :rolleyes:

If they are short ribs, why call them CSR?   I just looked them up and they are pieces of chuck "the chuck roll" cut to look steak like.  Sometimes from chuck eye.   

So, if they end up a little chewy when grilled, sous vide will help.    And they can end up tender and medium rare.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno. Why do they call you Del?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are not short ribs.  Just a big chunk of meat they cut up just like pork CSR's.  They have nothing to do with ribs.  Just a name they hang on them to sell meat.  I fell for it.  LOL  Now I have 3 pkgs of them frozen in vacs.  3-4 lbs. ea. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, some ground up beef buttholes could be called "tenderized country steak tartare patties"?  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup!  But then you may lose some trust in your butcher.  I did.