Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488701 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You ain't gonna get him to answer that, Gunner!  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally got my BLT......um num. :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But they always slide apart on me.....*PLOP*    :angry:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
But they always slide apart on me.....*PLOP*    :angry:

still good eats!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We had Ruthie's Shrimp tonight....

Ingredients:

1 bag of large pre-cooked shrimp (2 lbs)
½ bag of wide egg noodles
½ head of broccoli, florets chopped
¼ cup olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Garlic salt
½ of a large yellow onion, chopped

Sauce:
½ cup yum yum sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of jalapeno mustard

Directions:
Combine shrimp (thawd) and broccoli, olive oil, garlic, garlic salt and yellow onion in a large sauce pan on medium heat. Boil noodles in a separate pot. While the shrimp/broccoli is warming and onions are becoming translucent, mix the sauce in a separate bowl.
Once the noodles, shrimp and sauce is ready, combine all 3

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang! That sounds/looks good!  :happy1: Do I dare ask what yum yum sauce is?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Dang! That sounds/looks good!  :happy1: Do I dare ask what yum yum sauce is?

Here ya go Rebs...

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I be doo-danged! Thought ya made it up!   :shocked:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what the olives were for.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Finally got my BLT......um num. :tongue:
:scratch: That has glenn ALL over it.  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: ;)
Yea the blt, had that for lunch to, but NOT that disgusting green posionous thing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
It's August and hot and muggy outside so I get lazy and use the crock pot.  Almost all the time I make Korean short ribs on the grill but in the crock pot they went with the same marinade, altered a little bit.  Came out very tender and tasty.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally had the BLT's tonight.  We had some bacon from Sittsworth Meats in Bemidji.  Man it was like bacon meat.  Not bacon fat.  Really good stuff.  Had a salad with cut up zucchini in it and Tuscan Italian dressing.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we had fried green tomatoes tonight.  They aren't bad.  Should use real hot oil and I have a hard time doing that in the house.  Should do them in the cast iron skillet on the grill.  Supposed to be 375 to get a nice brown on them.  I must have been a little low.  They had a nice light brown to them.  Darn should have taken a pic.  Like I told the wife, it is a way to eat tomatoes.  We also had a salad with ham and bacon since the cukes are picking size.  Will have to eat one a day from now on.  I love them. 
« Last Edit: August 08/08/19, 08:18:01 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Tuna Salad!......quick and easy...not note worthy, but something to eat.  :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well we had fried green tomatoes tonight.  They aren't bad.  Should use real hot oil and I have a hard time doing that in the house.  Should do them in the cast iron skillet on the grill.  Supposed to be 375 to get a nice brown on them.  I must have been a little low.  They had a nice light brown to them.  Darn should have taken a pic.  Like I told the wife, it is a way to eat tomatoes.  We also had a salad with ham and bacon since the cukes are picking size.  Will have to eat one a day from now on.  I love them.

Did you ever have pickled green tomatoes? those are pretty good too....  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Did you ever have pickled green tomatoes? those are pretty good too....  :happy1:

that's a new one to me...  interesting sounding!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

nope, might sound interesting, I'd try it once.  Mom has a recipe to make jelly from green mater's. I thought it was ok, not do much with momma. Ya add either strawberry or raspberry hello. Haven't done it in years. I don't do much jelly. To much sugar.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My mom used to make green tomato relish.  It was quite tasty

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

nope, might sound interesting, I'd try it once.  Mom has a recipe to make jelly from green mater's. I thought it was ok, not do much with momma. Ya add either strawberry or raspberry hello. Haven't done it in years. I don't do much jelly. To much sugar.

Is this a new dessert? Raspberry hello? Hmmm.... :scratch:

Ya best lay off jellies and noodles and breads if ya want that A1C down!   :tut:

« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 09:24:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dr Reb,  :rotflmao: I eat dietitian approved bread, the amount of jelly I eat in a year might be a medium size jar and I cut back on noodles big time. Give them up, not happening.

After the discussion last week with the pharmacist and dietitian they figure my spike was from all the watermelon, cherries and peaches I have had.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good boy! Someone's gotta watch out for ya!   :smiley: Ya, they told me not to eat so much fruit. So, when I want fruit, I just come on here.    :bonk:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

By the way, I AM the Doctor....the Doctor of love. :evil:

https://youtu.be/IDTE8DpkKE4
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 09:38:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Hey I am interested in the pickled green tomatoes.  Never had them.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
LOL  Hey I am interested in the pickled green tomatoes.  Never had them.

I got a recipe for them, I'll find and post.
Basically, it's a Clausin pickle knockoff that you use. It's a refrigerator pickle recipe....or if you don't want to do the recipe.....
And, I have done this... it works.... Buy a jar of Clausin pickles, eat them and save the juice and jar, quarter the green tomatoes, and put them in the jar with the pickle juice. Let um sit in there for a week in the fridge.