Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488604 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I put a can of garbonzos in my ham and bean soup.  Turned out great!  Our home grown celery was strong tasting so the wife put it in zip loc bags in the freezer... Used one in the soup and it was very tasty.  Perfect way to use it.
Yep I use home grown celery every chance I get. Best for cooking and not eating raw

About yer celery glenn, is that because it's so strong flavored? We tried growing it once when I was a kid and that's what we found. Of course the dog used to love to lift his leg on it too so that pretty well cured me!  :confused:
« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 09:32:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yes, it definitely had a stronger flavor. Part of the reason I use it instead of the store model. Just don't want to over do it. I love it in chili. Of course I haven't had a dog water it. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I put a can of garbonzos in my ham and bean soup.  Turned out great!  Our home grown celery was strong tasting so the wife put it in zip loc bags in the freezer... Used one in the soup and it was very tasty.  Perfect way to use it.
This soup had polish sausage, cabbage, bacon, yes I put bacon in it, celery , geared carrots.

WTH are "geared carrots" ??!! Four-speed? Hurst? Stick shift?!  :scratch:  :confused:

That's why I'm not real fond of celery. Can be bitter at times and impart that to what yer cookin'.
« Last Edit: October 10/07/19, 07:21:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This soup had polish sausage, cabbage, bacon, yes I put bacon in it, celery , geared carrots.

WTH are "geared carrots" ??!! Four-speed? Hurst? Stick shift?!  :scratch:  :confused:

That's why I'm not real fond of celery. Can be bitter at times and impart that to what yer cookin'.
friggin auto correct on my phone!!!!!! :censored: :doah: :doah:

never had bitter celery.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a pot roast the other day.  Beef chuck roast.  Mashed potatoes and mixed vegies and my new found gravy.  So good.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh double my!!  :shocked: :shocked: Can you give us that gravy recipe? I can't find it....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh double my!!  :shocked: :shocked: Can you give us that gravy recipe? I can't find it....

i'll email it to you Reb... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Mikey! I just got an idea....instead of cube steak, make and brown some meatballs and put 'em in that crackpot! Then over mashed taters!!!  *NOM*NOM*  :tongue:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, good gravy.  For those that haven't seen the recipe, this is it.

1 15 oz.  can cream of mushroom

1 15 oz. can cream of chicken

1 15 oz.  French onion soup

1 pack of au jus gravy mix

1/2 cup water

Mix everything up and heat up and serve.  With the chuck roast I put the mix in the pot, mixed it up and put the roast in the post and set it on high until done.  Chuck roast fell apart tender and that gravy blended with the flavor of the roast was awesome.  I roasted some chicken and poured the gravy over the meat and mashed potatoes also.  Did it with pork chops also.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
RH all I can find is the regular sized 10.5 oz cans or the big 23 oz cans. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet that was just a typo....don't think cans come in 15 oz size.

Anyway, it just went in my Google Doc recipe file!!! Thanks, RH!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will be making that in the next few days.  Sounds great!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Reb, I wasn't sure since I really don't look at what size.  Most cans that size are 14.5 or something like that?  Anyway the regular size soup cans not the big family type.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm picking up the onion soop and gravy mix today after my haircut! Meatballs and gravy this weekend!!!    :tongue: :

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, guess that's gonna haveta wait...only had $2 in cash after my haircut. Not using the debit card for three things!  :undecided:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they are 10.5 oz   and you fellers will enjoy it too!!!   we really enjoyed it!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they are 10.5 oz   and you fellers will enjoy it too!!!   we really enjoyed it!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: WE????????????? :scratch: :shocked: :tut: :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: WE????????????? :scratch: :shocked: :tut: :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yup Jim, the GF and I...  so there!!!!  with an awesome beef roast!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Weenies! Plain old weenies. Mac salad and some chippers. Just didn't feel like cookin'.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for no pics but a great combo.  A Bear Creek potato soup with a can of cooked oysters in it.  Blended in perfectly.  Actually could have added 2 cans of oysters.  Was great!  May try it with shrimp too.  Had it with a nice salad with this years tomatoes.  With Red Pepper Tuscan Italian dressing!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That Bear creek soup is good. We take the Gumbo and put our polish sausage in it. Num num.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
both those soups sounds good!!  I am thinking this weekend to make a clam chowder and add oysters to that...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

yup Jim, the GF and I...  so there!!!!  with an awesome beef roast!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
Mike that's TMI! ;) :rolleyes: ;D Should've answered more like :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning:  :sleazy:                            :rotflmao: :rotflmao:         
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I use Shorelunch tater soup with sliced polish or kielbasa snausage and a handful of chives thrown in it..... :tongue:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some Tomato Basil Chicken and Rice last night.  I browned the chicken thighs and got the rest going in the baking pan and put the thighs on top.  Covered for 40 minutes and t hen took the foil off and roasted it for 10 minutes or so .  Loved it.  But next time I will use the rice side dish seperately.  Chicken skin did not get as crisp as I wanted so the chicken will be done seperatelly next time.  I will use this side with other meats as well.  Great flavor.  good luck.