Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489334 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my excellent looking meal!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks fantastic RH!! No pics here but lasagna,  garlic cheese bread and a side salad washed down with a cold beer..

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night I made the same side dish with a burger on the side.  Love that side dish. 

https://cafedelites.com/one-pan-tomato-basil-chicken-rice-recipe...  I just make the side dish now and don't put any meat on top like the full recipe says.  good stuff.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to make a 3 bean salad and some cole slaw today..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Given a little beer, I see copious amounts of gas in yer future... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I shall whip up that Minnysoda staple, some kinda hot dish. Leaning towards one with taters and onions in it; maybe some cheese, too. I just haven't invented it yet.  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good Rebs.  I like doing that too.  I'm not sure what I will have yet.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still haven't figgered it out....but there are some green peppers going in it, too. Non-microwaveable peppers.  :rotflmao:

Well, it's takin' off....ground beef, sauteed onyums and peppers, sliced taters, celery salt, seasoned salt, black pepper, dried parmesan cheese, chives, milk, a little flour.....and I'll top it with cheddar and mozzarella cheese....

Not bad, but still needed something.....O well. It filled me up. Had some yams with it.
Watched TV while eating, and golly gee whiz....had a nutrition thing on from MAYO. Said YAMS have too much fat, eat cubed., steamed pumpkin with no butter or oil. Said if you must have something on it, use plain lo-fat yogurt. They want everyone to look like a Biafran. Hey MAYO, cube this  :moon: Too dry?  Put some yogurt on it.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 06:24:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a can or two of some tomato stuff Reb.  SO I can't even believe that I am unsupervised and here I am thinking about having a cocktail and I am as Del says "redneck sous videing" a NW Strip.  :rotflmao:  It is at 126 and hanging in there with my Thermo Pro for the grill probe thing.  Will just throw it into a hot frying pan when I am ready to eat I guess??? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer doing a strip with a drink in hand?! And getting soused with a redneck??!?! And yer thing is just hanging?! O my... just what goes on in there with the missus gone???!!! :censored:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/11/19, 07:33:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer doing a strip with a drink in hand?! And getting soused with a redneck??!?! And yer thing is just hanging?! O my... just what goes on in there with the missus gone???!!! :censored:  :rotflmao:
:scratch: :rolleyes: :doah: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It turned out great.  I didn't get a cast iron pan sizzling hot neither.  Just heated up the pan I fried my bacon in that morning and threw the steak in a few minutes each side and it was perfect medium/medium rare.  How easy.  AND you can fry it whenever you are ready.  No hurry at all.  Thanks Delmar... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading to town to get carrots, spuds, and celery.  Gonna put that 4 lb chuck roast in the crock pot with RH's gravy mixture.  Maybe on high for an hour and then turn it down and let it simmer all day.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bring the rolls!   :tongue:  Whaddya gonna do with the celery?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
put it in with the roast, I do that some times...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bring the rolls!   :tongue:  Whaddya gonna do with the celery?

Put it in the roast as Mikey said.  What else???   I think I will wait and put the veggies in later. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
All done.  I even browned the roast in the pan I made my bacon in.  A 10" frying pan.  I had to scrunch the roast in the pan it is so big.   :sleazy:  We have a big crockpot so it fit nicely.  All veggies are in too.  Spuds, carrots, celery, onions.  Will do the gravy later on. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
All done.  I even browned the roast in the pan I made my bacon in.  A 10" frying pan.  I had to scrunch the roast in the pan it is so big.   :sleazy:  We have a big crockpot so it fit nicely.  All veggies are in too.  Spuds, carrots, celery, onions.  Will do the gravy later on.

I had the gravy in the whole cook time here...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If I had a rutabaga I would put it in.  I think I will make the gravy at half time and add it. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my biscuits and gravy tasted darn good and filling too!!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good Mike.  I put the gravy on after 1st quarter.  Already smells great. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a pot of chili today, nothing exotic.   burger tomatoes celery onion beans chili powder (mix and ancho)

Got some baguettes from costco.   Crema and queso fresco from wally.   cheddar from vermont...   Onion from ???

Gonna throw a couple spoons of grits in to thicken it up.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez Del.  I don't even understand what you are saying.   LOLOL

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he said he's making goulash soup with some rolls and cheese on the side.  ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some chicken noodle soup yesterday.  having left overs today.  Cheezy bread on the side toasted.  good luck.