Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489139 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect, will do.  Now down to the fish house for an hour...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck fishing lps!! I dont let my pre cooked hams get past 140, they just need to be heated..and a little more smoke never hurt.  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey guys,  Cubs has pork butts for 99 cents lb. from Sunday through next Saturday.  They changed their add deal which was from Thursday through Wednesday which was a dumb idea in the first place.  Limit two.  I will be getting a few for sure.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck fishing lps!! I dont let my pre cooked hams get past 140, they just need to be heated..and a little more smoke never hurt.  :happy1:

hams are all ready cooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  just heat them as Bobber said!!!!    and people why their ham is so dry!!!!!!!!!

Rh that's a great buy!!!!!!!!  will have to get some too!!  thanks for the heads up!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
If it is fully cooked i might even pull it before that.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I was realy surprised that Cubs had this price.  I will be get two per day.  good luckl

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I brought it to 130 internal.  The outside that we ate was perfect.  Juicy yet too.   :happy1: :happy1:  It is a very nice ham.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Some pasketti was definitely needed. Along with some home-made garlic toast and coarse ground baloney to round it out.  :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
venny steaks fried in butter and onions, smashed taters and corn!!!!!full now. ugh!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
left overs but good one's!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma made some sorta hot Italian sausage,  bow tie concoction with that bread ya dip in olive oil n herbs.. shes in the other wing of the house or I'd aks her...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet that oiled up bread keeps ya regular!  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
did she concoct that hot itialian sausage herself or she get it an a store???? I love Italian sausage. momma not so much, but...…..she is gone again sat...…...a trip to da store might be in order!! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Store bought, we put that xhit on everything.  Lol

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I use the bulk when I make my world famous sketti but haven't found anything that trips my trigger yet just to eat.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got the crack pot loaded with Rh's gravy :happy1:, a big ol chuck roast, tater, onions and carrots..  that will be a good supper tonight!!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds scrumptious mike!! We might be doing carnitas tonight, not sure tho..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm having Kwik-trip .99 bacon wrapped pork medallions with sweet taters and cawn.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
We were gunna have some roasted Viking butt today. Unfortunatly it got burnt to a crisp in yesterdays game! :pouty:

Ya, ... I know :offtopic: & wrong tread, but I just couldn't help myself. :bonk:
« Last Edit: December 12/30/19, 08:35:49 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"We were gunna have some roasted Viking butt today. Unfortunatly it got burnt to a crisp in yesterdays game!"

I think that's becuz it started out all dried up anyway..... :bonk:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
"We were gunna have some roasted Viking butt today. Unfortunatly it got burnt to a crisp in yesterdays game!"

I think that's becuz it started out all dried up anyway..... :bonk:

OMG! :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my beef roast came out great!!!  super tender and fell apart!!  I did use cream of celery instead of cream of mushroom for the gravy, had extra of them..  and it was very good!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds perfect Mike. Its funny with these phones nowadays we get pics of flashbacks,  for the last 4 years we had the same thing for NYE except a steak thrown in here and there.  King crab legs, scallops and shrimp. Although this year an extra app of breaded cheese curds going in the air fryer. Pretty sure I'll drop before the ball!!  :surrender:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds perfect Mike. Its funny with these phones nowadays we get pics of flashbacks,  for the last 4 years we had the same thing for NYE except a steak thrown in here and there.  King crab legs, scallops and shrimp. Although this year an extra app of breaded cheese curds going in the air fryer. Pretty sure I'll drop before the ball!!  :surrender:

I hear ya!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a batch of my kung fu yu tu shrimp flied lice fried rice for later... :tongue:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Hey guys,  Cubs has pork butts for 99 cents lb. from Sunday through next Saturday.  They changed their add deal which was from Thursday through Wednesday which was a dumb idea in the first place.  Limit two.  I will be getting a few for sure.  good luck.

RH, was this at certain stores? The one by us only has bone in pork shoulder for .99
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

RH, was this at certain stores? The one by us only has bone in pork shoulder for .99

one and the same HD...  they are called a few different name..  pork butt being the older name I think..  Rh will let us know for sure..  back when we sold frozen foods they were pork butts...

hope this helps you...  I'm getting some tomorrow!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

one and the same HD...  they are called a few different name..  pork butt being the older name I think..  Rh will let us know for sure..  back when we sold frozen foods they were pork butts...

hope this helps you...  I'm getting some tomorrow!!!

When I asked the guy at Cub, he looked at me like I was on crack.  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!