Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490715 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a nice list Glenn.  And there are so many good things to eat..   SO was it #8?  Homemade veggie beef soup...   Tell me more.  That sounds great.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That is a nice list Glenn.  And there are so many good things to eat..   SO was it #8?  Homemade veggie beef soup...   Tell me more.  That sounds great.
when I order beef I get soup bones. I book that until whatever meat is on the bones perks right off. O make my own soup mix, or soup starter in the fall from all my garden stuff. I add that after the meat is done. I also add beef broth.

My soup mix had tomatoes, home grown celery, peppers, green beans, peas. Corn, cabbage, onions, garlic, sliced carrots. I throw that in a big canner and boil till all is tender. Add salt and pepper. Throw it in at jars, and hot bath 45 minutes.

I like to make the soup up a day or so before I want to eat it. I like to skim the day off.

I also do the same thing with a turkey carcass!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And to think he spoiled the whole works with those little green tubes!   :puke:    :doah:

You guys ever save beef drippings or juice and freeze it, until ya get a big jar? Best base stock in the world...
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 08:02:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope but sounds like a good idea. My Grandma used to save grease from fried pork chops.  The fried the heck out of them too and had lots of salt and pepper on them.  Were great.  She saved that grease to cook her fried chicken in.  Best chicken I ever had.  Fried it then put on a blue speckled roaster and in the oven.  My Mom just have me her cast iron chicken fryer to I want to try to get close to her chicken. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love my blue-speckled roaster and stockpot... :smiley:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some Frisco Melts yesterday.  The sauce you put on the browned buns was one cup thousand island dressing and 1/2 cup Russian dressing mixed together.  Make two this patties.  When done put some american cheese on one and swiss cheese on the other.  Put some sauce on each side of the buns,  put both patties on one half of the bun, put some carmalized onions on top and top that off with the other half of the bun.  Pretty good and a meal in itself.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aw man............. :hubba:  It WASN'T lunchtime, but after seeing those, I gotta eat!   :tongue:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang that sure makes my left over hot dish feel lame!!!  awesome looking burger Rh!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That darned RH....he's just making us fatter!!  :rotflmao:  Can I get an application for taste tester?  :tongue:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dadgummit RH!  Now it's warming up, I might hafta look into joining that nudist colony so I can get closer to some of those splendid looking eats.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry wanted me to post this....it's the young lady who has the cooking show. Note she lives right on the Minnesota border....

https://www.foodnetwork.com/profiles/talent/molly-yeh/molly-yeh-bio

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dadgummit RH!  Now it's warming up, I might hafta look into joining that nudist colony so I can get closer to some of those splendid looking eats.  :happy1:
man that sure would vacate that nudist colony, some mangy looking sheep farmer walkin in!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
man that sure would vacate that nudist colony, some mangy looking sheep farmer walkin in!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

"Here we come!" Look out, Ruby!"    :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

"Here we come!" Look out, Ruby!"    :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's taco and burro toe time!    :dancinred:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry wanted me to post this....it's the young lady who has the cooking show. Note she lives right on the Minnesota border....

https://www.foodnetwork.com/profiles/talent/molly-yeh/molly-yeh-bio

Unfortunately, the Cooking Channel that she's on is no longer in my DirecTV lineup..... :angry2:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
She has a blog that is pretty entertaining and a book.   
http://mynameisyeh.com/

I thought she was on the food network.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Read the above posts. She's there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
who friggin cares...………………. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil: :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
People that enjoy cooking!....not just opening....never mind.   :lipsrsealed:   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
People that enjoy cooking!....not just opening....never mind.   :lipsrsealed:   :rotflmao:
oh I can cook ya meathead!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Meathead?! Well! Stirring the pot already!       :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meathead?! Well! Stirring the pot already!       :tut:
:sleazy: :dancinred: :nerd: :nerd: morning reb!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch and the cute ewe have done that before many times it looks.  Can't tell which one like it more....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Then why were you talking about "The Cooking Channel"?   That's a different network. 
https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some buffalo wings yesterday.  Some rice and blue cheese dressing for dipping.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Then why were you talking about "The Cooking Channel"?   That's a different network. 
https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/

Well duh! The SUBJECT was MOLLY YEH! Not the network!  Try to follow!  :bonk:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 10:04:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made some buffalo wings yesterday.  Some rice and blue cheese dressing for dipping.  good luck.

oh man they look good.  :happy1: :happy1: