Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489440 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Chicky thighs in cream-of-celery with added m'rooms, sage stuffing, and indian corn.  :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
One of them roasted chickys from the store along with Betty crocker help au gratin taters and stove top

Sure can tell it's the wifeys turn to cook. :rotflmao: :doofus: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A V-8 and a pork sandwich on rye.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought RH might get a kick out of this....a "chef"? He sounds real knowledgeable. But, it's CAWchester....whaddya expect?  :rolleyes:

.(KTTC) - The 9th annual Foodie Throwdown at the Hormel Historic Home pitted area chefs against each other.

With a name like Hormel, you know there's meat involved. This year's theme was sausage and featured an assortment of sausage dishes.

Rich Mitchell has attended the Throwdown in the past as a taster and recruited his brother-in-law to help him as a chef.

"All I know is there is a traditional German sausage made in the north of Germany called Knackwurst," said Chef Tom Bueckers. "The ingredients are a little bit secret. I can't give that away....."
                                                 :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it was Knockwurst.  Was I mistaken? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Knackers or knockers?  Sausage or snauasge? Only RH knows for sure. :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/20, 07:52:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Supper last night.  The wife took all of the spuds that were left since I am also doing the less carbs deal. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was gifted a quart jar of home made tomato basil soup when I got out of the hospital, so grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for lunch today!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I was gifted a quart jar of home made tomato basil soup when I got out of the hospital, so grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for lunch today!!!
Velveeta cheese, right! :scratch: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Velveeta cheese, right! :scratch: :happy1: :rotflmao:
nope have not had that in years!!  did grow up with it too!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Whats in that glass Barry? Looks suspiciously like a Dotch drink... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/20, 09:02:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Del was right Reb.  They are called Knockwurst and I have a recipe for it.  No secret spices like the guy said.  Easy to make and they are good.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno what's to eat, been eating on the run with this hospital thing this week, grab and go. Not good at all. Pizza, hot dogs, sandwich's. Made a trip yday after hospital stuff to the Fareway in Stewartville to grab a 10 tube of their fresh ground 85/15, on sale for $2.99 lb. Also grabbed 8 seasoned boneless pigger loin chops, (.88 each!)  2 thick pigger chops, 1 thick pigger steak, and 2 whole chicken Quarters. Total bill: $49.50
What a deal! Got home and portioned the burger into 1 lb chubs, freezer wrapped it, and everything is tucked away in the now almost full again freezer. Should be some good eatin' tonite...just don't know what.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

That is a diet tonic and 2 limes. I always thought tonic didn't have sugar in it until I looked at the bottle last week.  It has the same amount of sugars as regular pop does.  I tried this diet tonic and can't tell the difference.  Maybe a shot of Sky Vodka too.  ???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never cared for the taste of tonic, it's carbonated water right?????????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has a bite to it.  Yes it is carbonated.  Kind of bitter but refreshing.  Has quinine in it. Not sure what that is but I think it cures malaria. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always said a shot of Mr. S., followed by a Miller longneck, will keep ya healthy. The antiseptic properties of the Mr. S., followed by the bubbles in the beer, clean and flush all the bad stuff out! Just like that foaming pipe cleaner or scrubbing bubbles!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/20, 10:16:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
says it can help with legs cramps too!!  still not buying it I guess...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
says it can help with legs cramps too!!  still not buying it I guess...

I get those a lot, REAL bar at nite. From the spinal issies. Haveta live with it.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That is a diet tonic and 2 limes. I always thought tonic didn't have sugar in it until I looked at the bottle last week.  It has the same amount of sugars as regular pop does.  I tried this diet tonic and can't tell the difference.  Maybe a shot of Sky Vodka too.  ???

Yup, regular tonic water is loaded with sugar & carbs, just like pop. I gotta look to see but think the 10 oz. bottle of Canada Dry contains like 30 gms. of carbs. At 5 oz. per drink that's 15 gms. Zero carbs in the gin so it's healthy for ya!  :happy1:  My hat's off to you Barry if you can handle the diet tonic. The artificial sweetener just doesn't work on my palate especially with better gin. Using Jack Rudy's tonic syrup at the 1/2 oz. inclusion rate dials the carbs down to about 5 gms. per serving. I've never had or made a vodka tonic so I may want to give that a whirl sometime. Might be a nice change of pace especially when the gin supply is waning. Good for now tho. Just got another transport (1.75 ltr) of Beefeater in on Valentine's Day.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd suggest a bottle of Seagrams VO outta the 'fridge, on the rocks....or with a shot of diet sprite. Bit more sweetness compared to the reformulated drier 7-up.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has saccharin instead of the high fructose corn syrup in it.  Not crazy about that neither but may be the lesser of the two evils. ???   I even have started to like the tonic and lime without any vodka in it.  I smash the heck out of the lime too so I get lots of that flavor.  Refreshing as all get out.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Jack Rudy's tonic syrup contains sugar, not high fructose corn syrup. When in Canada one of my friends can't have alcohol due to his meds. I mix him a G&T using the tonic syrup w/a lime slice sans the G. Loves them.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man that home made tomato basil was great!!!  grilled cheese sandwiches were a great touch too!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Jack Rudy's tonic syrup contains sugar, not high fructose corn syrup. When in Canada one of my friends can't have alcohol due to his meds. I mix him a G&T using the tonic syrup w/a lime slice sans the G. Loves them.

So what is Jack Ruby's Tonic syrup? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been a little paranoid about malaria lately.  Time for some quinine.  Actually the lime is the best part. Like them a lot.  Well I looked it up and it is the same quinine that does help treat malaria and also restless leg syndrome.  When I take my mandatory nap after lunch my legs aren't jumping all over anymore.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:  And it is quinine that gives it the bitter taste. 
« Last Edit: February 02/20/20, 05:34:43 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup, Barry and Dotch's crazy legs just hadda cut loose after a few soothing quinine-filled G&T's... :dancinred:  (That's Glenn on the porch on right side)

https://youtu.be/mKK7ObS9MWg
« Last Edit: February 02/20/20, 06:46:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

So what is Jack Ruby's Tonic syrup?

Here's a link to the Jack Rudy Coctail Co. website.

https://jackrudycocktailco.com/

And one to the tonic syrup itself.

https://jackrudycocktailco.com/collections/all/products/classic-tonic-2

My oldest drinking buddy gave me a bottle of this stuff about 5 years ago when it was still called Small Batch Tonic syrup. Added at 1/2 - 3/4 oz per cocktail & mixed with club soda, it made the best G&T I'd ever tasted. I tried both rates and found I preferred the lower rate as I don't like it quite as sweet as the store bought  tonic water. It has more quinine in it so your malaria and restless leg fears are solved! I order it by the case and usually can't make it last the entire year. At the half ounce rate that's 408 G&T's per case.  :happy1: I see they have it as close by now as Rochester but it still involves driving over there to get it. Ordering online I probably get it cheaper than I could buy retail. Besides, the wife likes the boxes for the wedding decorating vases she has.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/20, 10:29:54 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well by golly if I ever hook with ya Dotch I might have to try one of those G&T!!!