Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1505095 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Me and Mama hit Burger King about once a month to get our fix of fast food....Can't beat a Whopper with cheese and extra onions....  :happy1:

What can I say, it's an addiction...  :laugh:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I agree Bobber.  My favorite burger used to be Burger King years ago.  I haven't been to any fast food place in many years.  Was thinking of stopping by a Burger King sometime just for the heck of it but didn't pull the plug yet.  Do want to stop at a Chick a Fill sometime because I heard good things about them.  But 99% of the time I cook at home.  That 1% is usually a Pappa Murphy's pizza but it's still done at home :rotflmao:.  Don't think all those proccessed foods are good for you.  good luck.

Haven't been to a Burger King in a while, but we do really like Chick-Fil-A.   And since there only two of us, sometimes I don't bother cooking.    We also like In-N-Out Burger when available.   

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good, then I'll have to stop by.  I'ts been maybe 20 years for me so I'll make history for myself.  I say 20 years but I know it's about that long.  Never did like Mc Donalds burgers.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya I agree Bobber.  My favorite burger used to be Burger King years ago.  I haven't been to any fast food place in many years.  Was thinking of stopping by a Burger King sometime just for the heck of it but didn't pull the plug yet.  Do want to stop at a Chick a Fill sometime because I heard good things about them.  But 99% of the time I cook at home.  That 1% is usually a Pappa Murphy's pizza but it's still done at home :rotflmao:.  Don't think all those proccessed foods are good for you.  good luck.

Haven't been to a Burger King in a while, but we do really like Chick-Fil-A.   And since there only two of us, sometimes I don't bother cooking.    We also like In-N-Out Burger when available.   

Hey Delhoot....you've mentioned "Only the two of us" before, and when I've told ya about big sales on larger amounts of meat, you've said the same thing. So, I've always wondered.....why then do you shop at Costco? That's mass quantities of everything in there. And yes, used to go in there once in a while with my friend Vicki. More than I wanted to buy.
« Last Edit: March 03/10/20, 06:33:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I shop at costco because they have a lot of stuff I like, and the quantities are manageable.  If they aren't I don't buy the stuff.  Two loaves of bread, put one in the freezer.    18 english muffins... freezer and take one or two out at a time.   Repack and freeze a package of 5 steaks etc.    Eggs, milk, etc pass on those.   

Salad stuff... We can handle that.    Canned stuff goes on a shelf.   Side of salmon, cut into portions and freeze.   And so on.  TP doesn't spoil and we have space in basement.   Cases of bottled water, garbage bags etc.   

Too bad they stopped carrying the muffaletta.   That was good stuff. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We don't have a chik-fil-la up here. Must be a city restaurant? This a chicken place, or do they have burgers too?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All over the states....started down south. Chicky and fish.

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/
« Last Edit: March 03/10/20, 06:43:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Chick filla was ok. I'd eat there again but wouldn't go out of my way.  A heck of a log better then Popeyes. Ish. Beginning to say meh to all the burger places like BK, Mickey D's. Prefer to go to a bar and grill type place. 5 guys has good burgers.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like a burger in one of those hole-in-the-wall taverns ya see on the road....Wisconsin and Michigan road trips come to mind. Must be the years of grease on the griddle, and the buttered toasted bun no one does anymore.
Dang, now I'm hungry............... :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had venny steak fried in onions, smashed taters, and garden green beans .

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had venny steak fried in onions, smashed taters, and garden green beans .

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We don't have a chik-fil-la up here. Must be a city restaurant? This a chicken place, or do they have burgers too?

Cities and Rochester.  Only a few so far in MN.   Started in SE states.    Just chicken.   Only a few things on the menu.   Chicken fried or grilled as a sandwich, plain or fancy, mild or hot.   A wrap, a salad, and like 3 sides.   

Seems like the places with only a few things do it better than the places with big menus.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Delsnort! Soon you can get yer burger with government cheese AND booze it up while noshing at yer favorite grocery store.... ;)

https://kttc.com/2020/03/10/confirmed-wahlburgers-coming-to-rochester-hy-vee/
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 05:04:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me and Mama hit Burger King about once a month to get our fix of fast food....Can't beat a Whopper with cheese and extra onions....  :happy1:

What can I say, it's an addiction...  :laugh:
No BK here since 1 time on a trip home from the lake we stopped at 1 a bit north of the metro & Dad's burger was STILL partly frozen. That was at least 15 years ago as he's been gone that long. We'll occasionally stop @ a Wendy's, like their burgers, chili. A Culver's once in a while too, especially lately with all the road trips.
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 08:31:49 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i tried culvers once in red wing. was pretty good, just didnt expect it to be an order at the counter type place....but yea i'd eat there again!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Ate at the 1 in GR a few times when they 1st opened but not much since. Food was good but it gets really busy 'round noon most days.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just made and ate breakfast burrito, a little oil in the pan, some onions then and then the eggs.. scrambled that up and added plenty of cheese!!!  I'm full!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Ate at the 1 in GR a few times when they 1st opened but not much since. Food was good but it gets really busy 'round noon most days.

Ever try their northwoods walleye sandwich or the platter?   :happy1:

https://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/seafood-sandwiches-dinners/menu-item-details/northwoods-walleye-sandwich
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 08:56:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have not had that either, but looks like I will!!  it looks good...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That and the platter are great! Tartar sauce is good too!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well...i reckon if you cant catch fish ya gota order it off da menu!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well...i reckon if you cant catch fish ya gota order it off da menu!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well after my surgery you are right, I can't catch fish.. you won't find me on the ice taking any chances of falling and ripping those incisions open!!!  but that's life today for me...   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell him to go catch a cow for his burger......🐄   🏃‍♂️   ;D
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 09:34:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell him to go catch a cow for his burger......🐄   🏃‍♂️   ;D

me thinks he was looking to get you!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course he was. He's been programmed to do that! I'm waiting for his cow reply! :bonk:        :fish2:  🐄 :fish2:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 09:45:58 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course he was. He's been programmed to do that!  :bonk:        :fish2: :fish2:
:angel: :angel: :angel: who me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course he was. He's been programmed to do that! I'm waiting for his cow reply! :bonk:        :fish2: :fish2:
MOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :mooning: :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When the Culvers first came to Bemidji we stopped there.  Wasn't impressed and I am easy to please.  The burgers were almost crispy they were so over done both times we have been there.  Then I realized the commercial shows him smash the heck out of it so thin he could barely flip it.  May have to try that fish thing.  It does look good.  I like Whoppers too.  Now you can get them at breakfast time so when we are traveling I get one for breakfast.  With cheese so it is kind of breakfasty. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When the Culvers first came to Bemidji we stopped there.  Wasn't impressed and I am easy to please.  The burgers were almost crispy they were so over done both times we have been there.  Then I realized the commercial shows him smash the heck out of it so thin he could barely flip it.  May have to try that fish thing.  It does look good.  I like Whoppers too.  Now you can get them at breakfast time so when we are traveling I get one for breakfast.  With cheese so it is kind of breakfasty.
bemidji is pretty close to boar..........maybe he was peddlin his road kill burgers there!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: