Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1504766 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
When the Culvers first came to Bemidji we stopped there.  Wasn't impressed and I am easy to please.  The burgers were almost crispy they were so over done both times we have been there.  Then I realized the commercial shows him smash the heck out of it so thin he could barely flip it.  May have to try that fish thing.  It does look good.  I like Whoppers too.  Now you can get them at breakfast time so when we are traveling I get one for breakfast.  With cheese so it is kind of breakfasty. 

The one in CAWchester is great. Nice juicy burgers. That's why I don't like chain places, they vary too much. Depends on the teenager flippin' 'em. The grizzled ol' cook in the greasy spoon tavern is always better IMO.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not a big fast food guy either. As my Dad used to say when we'd beg to go to one of those places, we have food at home! :laugh: I like Culvers OK & some of the DQ's. Some are better than others. Used to like BK. On my chit list when they came with the Impossible Whopper. Way to alienate meat producers in the midwest! :sad: Another reason I don't go there: The one in Owatonna is like playing Russian roulette. If it looks dirty & it usually is, go someplace else. Your odds of being able to crap thru a screen door are very good from personal experience.  :angry: What would I like to see in MN: A Waffle House! You haven't lived until you see what crawls out of the woodwork there at 3 a.m.... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Close to a Perkins on a friday at 2:00 am after bar close?   :doofus:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I lived in Stillwater I hit the Wendy's there and it was good.  One day I got off work early and had never been to Wendy's yet but seeing their commercials I was drooling thinking of it.  SO that day I went to the drive through and got two Wendy's double burgers.  They were great and no way could I eat them both like I thought. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Close to a Perkins on a friday at 2:00 am after bar close?   :doofus:

Not as upscale quite. More of a southern chain so more Larry the Cableguy types, sleeveless flannel shirts & fewer teeth in general.  :azn:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, but ya get chicky with yer waffles.   :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Delsnort! Soon you can get yer burger with government cheese AND booze it up while noshing at yer favorite grocery store.... ;)

https://kttc.com/2020/03/10/confirmed-wahlburgers-coming-to-rochester-hy-vee/

bummer.   That's where we have a monthly geezer breakfast of old ibm guys

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah ha! You ARE a Sly-Vee secret shopper!  I thought you met at Denny's?
« Last Edit: March 03/11/20, 12:19:21 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I saw that slyvee has bone in pork shoulder (butts) on sale for .99cents a pound..... :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah ha! You ARE a Sly-Vee secret shopper!  I thought you met at Denny's?

Different bunch-o-geezers

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well...i reckon if you cant catch fish ya gota order it off da menu!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: So.......................................... where do you get your walleye dinner?  :confused: :nerd: :nerd: :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night fried up a chopped up onion.  Sliced up our last ring bologna and fried it.  Added a cut up head of cabbage.  Added some red vinegar for some pizzazz along with some spices and cooked till I was so hungry I couldn't wait any longer.  Turned out great.  Sorry for no pics.  Maybe one of leftovers later.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well...i reckon if you cant catch fish ya gota order it off da menu!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: So.......................................... where do you get your walleye dinner?  :confused: :nerd: :nerd: :tut:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: i dont order fish out you doof!!!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nor do i buy it in a store!!!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: No, I heard you go to Morey's or take the wife along if it's walleye  :fishing:. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's special. It must come from heaven and land on his doorstep.   :angel:  ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/12/20, 05:35:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So yes Tater Tot Hot Dish does sound good.  I do like the add green beans for some color concept too.  Thank you, and I add mushrooms too.  Onions of course and I have been adding a pkg of Lipton Onion Soup to it lately.  Just sprinkle it on the meat.  Then about 20 minutes before it's  done I top it with lots of shredded cheese.  Whatever is in the fridge....   This will be happening soon at our house. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe there'll be a shortage of green beans and tater tots.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/13/20, 07:06:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no I will stock up today. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to make a baked fish super tonight, sliced onions, tomatoes, lemon and seasonings..  dang it sounds good!!!  maybe corned beef tomorrow!!!  with cabbage too!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
forget to mention also putting cilantro on the fish too!!  got every thing but the tomato prepped for the fish, haven't got that yet... 

also decided to do the corned beef today too, got flats for $2.99 this week...  that way I have tomorrow to do what I want when I want!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
going to make a baked fish super tonight, sliced onions, tomatoes, lemon and seasonings..  dang it sounds good!!!  maybe corned beef tomorrow!!!  with cabbage too!! :happy1:
fish from a store?????????? :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yup this time..  going to try some I never had..  tilapia...  would have rather had pannies or nords....   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like sword fish and shark too, but have not had that in years....  might have to get some!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking of getting some halibut.  Haven't had that in a few years.  Great for in chowder.  Doesn't fall apart as easy as some fish does.  Fish chowder sounds darn good too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like sword fish and shark too, but have not had that in years....  might have to get some!!!

Well, ya can't catch that ya know! Just gettin' ya ready for the post that's sure to come........... :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yes you can Rebs!!!!  and LPS the halibut sounds great too!!! as does flounder too!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yes you can Rebs!!!!  and LPS the halibut sounds great too!!! as does flounder too!!
:scratch: :scratch: isnt flounder the guy in animal house???? :doah: :scratch: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :scratch: Well yeah glenn, places besides Morey's do sell it. :doah:  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: