Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490520 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thawing a turkey boob from the freezer...   I think I will sous vide half as "turkey to go" normally done in crock pot, and the o ther half will be on the weber...  tomorrow.   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I made goulash tonight. Mama didn't want to cook.
She gave it a thumbs up after tasting it.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good, one of my favorite meals.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  Haven't made it in a long time.   :happy1:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Had pulled pork sammies with tater salad. Put the 5lb pork butt directly from the freezer in the pressure cooker for 1 hour 45 minutes and it was pull apart tender. I love that thing it saves so much time.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep,  pulled pork with good sauce and some cole slaw on top is great.  Had left over spaghetti sauce so we had it again.  The recipe is in my post up a little here.  I will use this sauce from now on.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did go for the goulash thing last night.  Did the first recipe I saw online when I googled it.  Brown meat, drain, throw in every thing else and bring to a simmer.  Throw in the elbow pasta and simmer till done.  Easy as can be and turned out pretty darn good.  I added a can of corn and a can of peas.   Will try to get  a pic later.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Try it with chorizo or hot Italian sausage,  good stuff!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

both are excellent for flavors too!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Odds 'n ends. Glass of V-8, thick mesquite smoked pork loin sandwich, smothered in horsey- sauce, peas and pearl onions, tossed salad, cherry yogurt.  My taste buds know no bounds.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/20, 06:42:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Awhile back Delman mentioned that the chorizo he saw was actually salivary glands ground up with flavoring added.  I checked that here too and it was a main brand too.  Beef salivary glands with flavors.  Kind of lost my desire to try chorizo since that. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Look for a more expensive brand.   I found some that sound like they have actual meat in them...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Awhile back Delman mentioned that the chorizo he saw was actually salivary glands ground up with flavoring added.  I checked that here too and it was a main brand too.  Beef salivary glands with flavors.  Kind of lost my desire to try chorizo since that.

Head down to Pedro's Cantina in Guadalajara. Bet they've got some REAL chorizo down there. "Hey, where'd my burro go?!"   :rotflmao:

Be aware there is Mexican Chorizo and Spanish chorizo; big difference! I learned that years ago. I don't like the Spanish stuff, usually cured and /or smoked in a casing, which is usually the non-edible. Chunks of fat in it, too.
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 09:53:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never heard of salivary glands used in Chorizo sausage.  I'll have to check when I'm in the stores.  I know the Cub brand doesn't do that.  Just pork and seasonings.  Same with me when I make it.  Pork butts and seasonings.  I know if there was a brand that did that I would not touch it.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cacique I think is the brand I looked at.  Check it out. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I'll  keep and eye out for it.  There are so many ways and ingredients all over the world even for the same kind of sausage.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is in a small pkg about 6-8" long and about the diameter of a silver dollar.  Attractive package but not too appetizing when you read the ingredients.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is in a small pkg about 6-8" long and about the diameter of a silver dollar.  Attractive package but not too appetizing when you read the ingredients.

https://www.caciqueinc.com/products/pork-chorizo/

Ingredients:
Ingredients: PORK SALIVARY GLANDS, LYMPH NODES AND FAT, CHORIZO SEASONING (PAPRIKA, SALT, SPICES, MUSTARD, GARLIC POWDER), PORK, VINEGAR, SOY GRITS, SODIUM NITRITE
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 12:29:54 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's it Rebs.  Thanks. 

Nothin' else to do while yer quarantined!   :rolleyes:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Pay's to read the ingredients LOL.   thanks Reb.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen that on a label a few years ago and haven't bought as much because of that.. in other words I read the indigents before buying too..   I did forget that so it's good to have a reminder!!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh crap, I’ve eaten that stuff several times. I always wondered what they do with the lymph nodes that they remove from the pork shoulder.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: PORK SALIVARY GLANDS, LYMPH NODES AND FAT, CHORIZO SEASONING (PAPRIKA, SALT, SPICES, MUSTARD, GARLIC POWDER), PORK, VINEGAR, SOY GRITS, SODIUM NITRITE
« Last Edit: April 04/09/20, 12:50:04 PM by Cooperman »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ingredients:

They must be using the real "choice cuts" for other products...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del is the one that brought it to my attention and I was surprised to see here in our store and yup same stuff. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del is the one that brought it to my attention and I was surprised to see here in our store and yup same stuff.

Yep, there I was getting ready to put it in the basket....OK, never mind.    Sort of like back many decades when I read the ingredients on a package of hot dogs... Beef lips... mmmm.   Maybe not tonight...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup so hard to find a good hot dog anymore too.  Sad!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Weenies! That was mine tonite. Schweigert old-fashioned course ground...and they just don't taste the same. Bourbon beans and zesty fries with KATCHUP.  :tongue: