Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488475 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you very much.  I have 2 ears I will do that with tomorrow.  Do you know how long it is with 2 ears?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
try 3 minutes and cut the end off before first...  then use a paper towel to pull the husks off!!!  I just heard this one...  good luck!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I like to talk to corn fields..... At least those ears listen. :doofus: :thumbs: :pouty: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Sorry, to much red bull. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said we had our first ripe tomatoes also yesterday.  Ironically we are now out of lettuce as I pulled it.  We are cuke wealthy.  SO we had BCT sandwiches for brunch and they were great!  Just as good as a BLT actually.  Bacon, Cuke slices, tomato.   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just did some hard boiled eggs, might just have to make some deviled eggs!!  or we could call Glenn eggs I suppose!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
just did some hard boiled eggs, might just have to make some deviled eggs!!  or we could call Glenn eggs I suppose!!!
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Just HAD to................................................ beat him to it!! ;) :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :tut: :tut: I'll have you know I'm the picture boy for being a model citizen. :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil:

Grilled cheese sammiches with the good cheese. Velveeta throw some onions in there, then dip in KATCHUP.  I knew the food shelf would come through. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  You are a very classy guy Glenn. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made the deviled (Glenn) eggs and put a couple drops of liquid smoke in it, along with other ingredients.. came out good I think!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made the deviled (Glenn) eggs and put a couple drops of liquid smoke in it, along with other ingredients.. came out good I think!!! 
You had me until the liquid smoke, why not just smoke em quickly on the green mountain   :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A little liquid smoke ain't a bad thing. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wee Is having Glenn world famous sketti tonight. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You had me until the liquid smoke, why not just smoke em quickly on the green mountain   :confused:

decided to quick and so not enough time or they would have been!!!  :rotflmao: :happy1:

HH was gettin close!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Liquid smoke is good stuff!   Nice to use in lots of recipes

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Making Glenn's world famous... " World famous".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: since I don't have venison sausage, we got some Italian sausage, browned that along with onions. When that's done add hash browns, when them are cooked, spread cheese over the top. When melted... Walla... Chows served!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds good.
it was awesome. I super really liked what the Italian sausage did with it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So was that Velveeta cheese you put on it?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Try adding a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of corn to it.......

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope. Had a few bags of open shredded, cheddar, and Mexican cheese. Then topped it off with bongards American slices.

I like corn but not sure I'd do that. Or the soup either?? I might entertain mushroom however.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you added the soup and some corn you would basically have tater tot hot dish but the taters would be in a different shape.  That is what I was going for.. :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
If you added the soup and some corn you would basically have tater tot hot dish but the taters would be in a different shape.  That is what I was going for.. :sleazy:

and you know he hates tater tot hotdish!!  dats funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered if he would catch it?????   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/20/20, 08:11:51 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope. Had a few bags of open shredded, cheddar, and Mexican cheese. Then topped it off with bongards American slices.

I like corn but not sure I'd do that. Or the soup either?? I might entertain mushroom however.

maybe that's why he would "entertain" mushrooms!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered if he would catch it?????   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
no i did not!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

tater tots is on my DO NOT think about list!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and you guys sure dont help!!!!! :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just found two 4 lb Corned Beefs in the deep freeze.  I just cooked one in the crock pot for ruebens.  Can't wait till supper.  Makes me drool thinking about it.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ooooooo...I see some kraut, Swiss cheese, marble rye and 1000 island dressing in your future.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right! There is bakery in Rainy River the town right across the river that makes great Rye bread.  I got a fresh loaf and some thick Swiss cheese too.  Got Franks Kraut in a glass jar which is handy.  Like you said we will use Thousand Island not Russian.  LOL  Will have some recently made Refrigerator Pickles too!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man lps, that's gonna be awesome.  We had them last night but it was deli meat..  :pouty:  still I wolfed em down. If I had a last request on a meal a Rueben would be tough to beat. Tonight tho its a beef carney ( I believe) for soft taco's, hopefully we have some refried beans to activate it all... :happy1: