Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489405 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds good too!!!  the meat loaf is for supper, for lunch I'm grilling a little venison back strap that I was gifted by some good friend!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that sounds good too!!!  the meat loaf is for supper, for lunch I'm grilling a little venison back strap that I was gifted by some good friend!!!
:happy1: must be a pretty good friend. I don't share backstraps. :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Rooster pot pie n homemade lefse here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn boober, think I can make it before it's done. Looks scrumptious. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup that does look good Bobber!!!  just picked up a tray of huluski, not sure on the spelling...  cooked cabbage dumplings butter and other things!!  darn good and oh yea it has lots of butter!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma's cooking a ham fer supper,  along with Betty Crocker au grautins and some veggie.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last week when i was down at the grocery store waiting for them to grind me up 5 lbs of pork i was canvasing the rest of the meat counter. i noticed and inquired about the the blood and liver sausage. they said it was good so i bit.

made up the ring of blood sausage for lunch!   :happy1: :happy1: just like i remembered it back when we used to make our own at home!!!!!!

next up, down the road the liver sausage!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
...says the guy who refuses to eat cottage cheese and sweet potatoes  :scratch: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We are a pile of that stuff we made back in the day. This is the first time I have had it in I bet 30 plus years.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe we should start a list on what you actually eat..  :crazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
...says the guy who refuses to eat cottage cheese and sweet potatoes  :scratch: :rotflmao:
   :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe we should start a list on what you actually eat..  :crazy:
:pouty: that would be a lot longer list then that other one!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
in the process of making a tortilla of sorts..  got veggies cooked up and everything seasoned up and now simmering away..  smells darn good!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We are having my world famous, world famous. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: browned bulk sausage, throw in hash browns then cheese on the top. Of course onions added.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you guys those sound great.  We are having a Sausage Italia Bernattelli pizza.   I have ground pork and ground beef in the deep freeze to make sausage out of.  Should have done it Thanksgiving weekend like JB does.  Had enough time.  Well I am thinking of making some ring bologna and would like to make those hot dogs that Boar made.  I love chili dogs.  Boar have you made regular hot dogs too or just the chili dogs?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We are having my world famous, world famous. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: browned bulk sausage, throw in hash browns then cheese on the top. Of course onions added.

interesting... sounds like loaded hashbrowns to me....  just need a couple over easy eggs on top!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Mike and call it a world famous skillet from you know what!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, when you make your next trip to Costco, you should try there pork sausage, its what i made the world famous with. man is that tasty stuff. it comes in a strip of 5 1lb packages.

i bet it make a dynomite fried burger with fried onions and cheese. it comes in bulk not a ring!!!!!! i'll be finding out soon cause i need to find out!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you guys those sound great.  We are having a Sausage Italia Bernattelli pizza.   I have ground pork and ground beef in the deep freeze to make sausage out of.  Should have done it Thanksgiving weekend like JB does.  Had enough time.  Well I am thinking of making some ring bologna and would like to make those hot dogs that Boar made.  I love chili dogs.  Boar have you made regular hot dogs too or just the chili dogs?
when you make your sausage do you let it "MELD" overnight???? i did that when i made my first ever own sausage out of the venision. and it turned out honkey dorry!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when you make your sausage do you let it "MELD" overnight???? i did that when i made my first ever own sausage out of the venision. and it turned out honkey dorry!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

it's always good to let it set for a few hours when doing it by hand, seasons better!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
missed that sausage I'll have look for it..  just a regular sausage or seasoned??? 
Mike, when you make your next trip to Costco, you should try there pork sausage, its what i made the world famous with. man is that tasty stuff. it comes in a strip of 5 1lb packages.

i bet it make a dynomite fried burger with fried onions and cheese. it comes in bulk not a ring!!!!!! i'll be finding out soon cause i need to find out!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just said pork sausage. I grabbed by accident thinking it was plain ground pork  :crazy: didn't realize it till I got home.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good, was it in the counter or where??? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meat cooler. Towards where all the fruits where.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got it, have to look closer...  thanks!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I know, lots o tater tot hotdish this away but its cheese burglar style tonight. Cheese soup, relish,  bacon bits, burger and more cheese with tots. I bet even Glenn could wipe a few things off the I don't eat list with this dish!!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds really good Bobber!!!  ya might to post the recipe!!!  that for those of us that eat good stuff!!!  that reminds me too got to get cottage with chives tomorrow!!! 

forgot to mention, I bought Aldi's brand braunswiger and it's darn good!!!  better than the others...  I remember there was a few of us talking about it awhile back so wanted to throw that out there!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/02/20, 05:24:23 PM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know I know, lots o tater tot hotdish this away but its cheese burglar style tonight. Cheese soup, relish,  bacon bits, burger and more cheese with tots. I bet even Glenn could wipe a few things off the I don't eat list with this dish!!  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: and you seem to need to help the wife out an aweful lot in the kitchen. :scratch: :doah: so what EXACTLY are you helping her do  :scratch: :smoking: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: