Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1490519 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We really like the Rao's sauce in a jar.   A little more expensive but pretty good.    Get it at costco but I've seen it in the grocery also.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yup got it that time Gunner, guess I never seen that before...  I'll have to look and see if they carry that up here...   then I can sell to Glenn for triple!!!   
:scratch: Not sure I've EVER seen it any grocery store I've been in.  :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yup got it that time Gunner, guess I never seen that before...  I'll have to look and see if they carry that up here...   then I can sell to Glenn for triple!!!   
:scratch: Not sure I've EVER seen it any grocery store I've been in.  :confused:
wowzer dude......you need to come outta that cave your in!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

jar crap aint cutting it in this house!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did for me too. :scratch: How about now? https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/italian/thick-zesty-spaghetti-sauce-mix
well that's one secret ingredient but it's absolutely nowhere to be found. :confused: :confused:
:scratch:  :doah: I know where you can get it bud.................................................................if you REALLY want some that is  ;) :rolleyes:............................................................ https://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Thick-Zesty-Spaghetti-Sauce/dp/B009LJJL2Y  :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
« Last Edit: February 02/05/21, 12:42:34 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't even remember the last time I made tuna casserole.  Gonna do it for supper.

1 pkg of egg noodles  cooked and drained
4 cans tuna
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken or celery soup
1 pkg of frozen peas
1 cup milk
1 pkg of French Fried Onions

Combine tuna, soups, milk, peas, and noodles in a 9 x 13 pan.  Cook for 30 minutes.  Add the French Fried Onions on top and cook for another 15 minutes or so.  Should be golden brown.

If you would rather you could just add onions or mix in a Lipton onion soup mix instead of the ones on top.

so LPS do you boil the noodles first or just let them cook with the liquids from the soups and milk??   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Line one in ingredients.  Cooked and drained.  Can do them ahead of time even.  If you do sprinkle some olive oil on them so they don't stick together too much.  That's what I did.  Pretty quick meal. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did for me too. :scratch: How about now? https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/italian/thick-zesty-spaghetti-sauce-mix
well that's one secret ingredient but it's absolutely nowhere to be found. :confused: :confused:
:scratch:  :doah: I know where you can get it bud.................................................................if you REALLY want some that is  ;) :rolleyes:............................................................ https://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Thick-Zesty-Spaghetti-Sauce/dp/B009LJJL2Y  :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
  :scratch: Anybody seen glenn? :confused:                ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Looks like I may have misled you glenn  ;) :rolleyes: as now it appears that the supply on Amazon is pretty limited too. The original vendor is now saying currently unavailable but there are 7 others still selling it but they want $8+ for 1 pkg. :crazy: :doah: I'm wondering if McCormick hasn't stopped making it. :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/06/21, 08:03:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Looks like I may have misled you glenn  ;) :rolleyes: as now it appears that the supply on Amazon is pretty limited too. The original vendor is now saying currently unavailable but there are 7 others still selling it but they want $8+ for 1 pkg. :crazy: :doah: I'm wondering if McCormick hasn't stopped making it. :scratch:
i doubt it, whenever i or my wife hit the grocery stores, there spice supplies are extremely limited, like lots of empty products.  :doah: she was in cashwise 2-3 days ago and even there black pepper was almost all gone.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Sure looked to me like Aldi's was pretty full on Wednesday when were there. I'll have to take a closer look next week. :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/06/21, 08:43:01 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen that too Glenn... 

made me a sausage egg and cheese biscuit this morning, good stuff!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Sure looked to me like Aldi's was pretty full on Wednesday when were there. I'll have to take a closer look next week. :confused:
idont thing Aldi's carries much for name brand stuff.......and i dont do generic!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut:

but yea check......

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
idont thing Aldi's carries much for name brand stuff.......and i dont do generic!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut:

but yea check......

Aldi's carries their own brand, and not generic..  but they don't have a big selection either.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

but yea check......

Aldi's carries their own brand, and not generic..  but they don't have a big selection either..
that Aldies in st cloud is a pit.....dollar general is cleaner. :surrender: :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still haven't been into the new Aldi's in Bemidji but and curious to get there.  SO Glenn now eliminated 1/2 of the food chain by not liking generic stuff.  ??  LOL  I just got spuds so am going to make potato salad today. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have heard that many times about the St. Cloud Aldi's Glenn..  Linda's daughter and SIL live close by there and they all say that too...  sad... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Still haven't been into the new Aldi's in Bemidji but and curious to get there.  SO Glenn now eliminated 1/2 of the food chain by not liking generic stuff.  ??  LOL  I just got spuds so am going to make potato salad today.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so does it make the list!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

any generic stuff i have tried just doesnt seem to be of the same quality as name brand....especially chips, IMO. when i'm into cooking something i dont want to take the chance of it coming out substandard.......hell i can do that at times on my own!!! :rolleyes: :confused: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even though it is not an item I do think it qualifies.  Just in case you come to one of our houses to eat it is something we need to eliminate from the meal.   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got some bacon in the oven, tasted so good the other day I had to make some more!!  it will go good with some hot dogs!!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking today I will make cheddar broccoli soup with some onion and carrots and also some ham and chicken in it..  maybe bacon too, not sure on that..  might be like a reverse chicken cordon blue

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that sound good Mike.  I have done bacon in the oven a few times and like it that way.  I did some in the oven this morning too.  Thanks for the reminder.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How long do you have to cook bacon in the soused vidal? Asking for glenn... ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
How long do you have to cook bacon in the soused vidal? Asking for glenn... ;)
yer talking to LPS??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that sound good Mike.  I have done bacon in the oven a few times and like it that way.  I did some in the oven this morning too.  Thanks for the reminder.
yes I do mostly cook it in the oven now days on a rack in a pan...  the bacon did go into the soup and oh my does it really add to the flavor!!!