Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488618 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looks like a soup base........
:tut: nope no soup. Burger, onions, garlic, tomato paste, celery, peas, and 2 cans of pork and beans. Bread dough with some of the goodies rolled up in the buscuit thing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok I found the recipe and yours did look different from that... just sayin....  looks good bud!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ok I found the recipe and yours did look different from that... just sayin....  looks good bud!!!   :happy1:
this recipe is like going on 4 generations.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it takes 4 generations to get from 1963 to today??    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is that Glenn? 
  :scratch: :doah: Pretty sure I'd rather have tater tot hot dish, myself!!!  :tut:
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: , I'd give it a try tho Glenn..I had to log back in for that one!!
« Last Edit: February 02/14/21, 07:33:07 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it takes 4 generations to get from 1963 to today??    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: this was my grandma's recipe, them my parents, now me and I have a granddaughter that makes it ya putz.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :pouty: this was my grandma's recipe, them my parents, now me and I have a granddaughter that makes it ya putz.

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/hungry-boys-casserole/a20b83c7-1c2b-44a3-bc73-3daccb79a591

this is where I found it ya putz!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  dang yer funny!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow! glenn had tater tot hotdish? Kewl!  :happy1:

Nothing fancy here. The wife brought home a Hormel pork loin filet & some sunflower salad. I'd found a butternut squash in the garage we'd forgotten about that was still in perfect shape. Some sheep will be very happy when they find those squash innards. Too much hassle to dink around with the grill so stuck everything in the oven. Knocked Mrs. Cheviot right out. Looks like I get another unexpected free pass on Valentine's Day!  :coffee:

« Last Edit: February 02/15/21, 09:07:31 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: no I didn't. :confused: :rotflmao:

Nice plates, got the same ones, but I'm a tad disappointed not seeing those pioneer knives though. :pouty: :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The 1 I found was Pillsbury's & included stuffed green olives so I knew that wasn't glenn's recipe. ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The 1 I found was Pillsbury's & included stuffed green olives so I knew that wasn't glenn's recipe. ;) :rolleyes: ;D ;D
iffin it was they weren't going in it. :happy1: :rotflmao: recipes are merely suggestions. :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to look up recipes but usually ad lib some too.  As in tomorrow I am going to make some Oyster Stew but will also add a pkg of smaller shrimp to it.  So actually it is Seafood Stew.  I need to get some Half and Half so can't do it today.  So it is Bernatelli pizza tonight.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
knowing it was going to be damn cold today, i took out a turkey carcass from the freezer last night.........that was my project this morning boiled up the carcass, added my world famous soup mix/starter and ended up with a big ole batch of soup.

and it just so happened it was done right at lunch time.........num num  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: February 02/15/21, 03:17:43 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We just use whole milk & butter in our Oyster Stew, we must've had it 3-4 times when we were down home. Rarely have it up here though. Had it a lot for Christmas Eve too as it was Dad's favorite.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure I could get da wife to make an oyster stew, but I'd tryvit. But for now I'll settle on homemade beef stew and rolls she did today, after being outside most of the day it sure hit the spot. Time fer some couch.. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking bean and ham soup later this week and then I seen a recipe for shepherds pie...  that could be after that...   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never made Shepard's Pie but it sounds and looks great.  I have a chunk of ham in the freezer for soup too.  I kind of have lasagna on my mind too. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  I kind of have lasagna on my mind too.

have never made that before too.  so might have to think about it..   :happy1:

the shepherds pie will be a first for me... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I see them on food shows they look great.  Let me know how it turns out.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
  I kind of have lasagna on my mind too.

have never made that before too.  so might have to think about it..   :happy1:

the shepherds pie will be a first for me...

You going authentic with that mean ewe of Dotch's?    Da real ting has mutton (or lamb for the rich folks)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had me a little breakfast this morning.  Why I have this awesome body. :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Might explain yer color too... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah: Must be some PB on the bottom then! :rolleyes:               ;) ;D ;D             

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: :doah: Must be some PB on the bottom then! :rolleyes:               ;) ;D ;D             
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: just cause i have an occasional PB&J dont mean i eat PB by the 5 gallon pail!!!!!!! :pouty: :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made a tuna hot dish last night, help the Gf get going for lent!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

thinking a burger for me!!   :happy1: :happy1: