Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489329 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well today I'm going to make my version of shepard's pie..  but instead of mashed taters on top I'm going to use cheesy julienne taters..  I'm thinking that will be tasty!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a good idea.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
momma's gonna cook up a batch of chow mein!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well today I'm going to make my version of shepard's pie..  but instead of mashed taters on top I'm going to use cheesy julienne taters..  I'm thinking that will be tasty!!
so........is that like throwing all the leftovers in your frig and reheating it?????????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so........is that like throwing all the leftovers in your frig and reheating it?????????

nope nothing has been made yet so I'll be starting fresh!!  ya clown!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

nope nothing has been made yet so I'll be starting fresh!!  ya clown!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i googled it.......gotta say it looks way better than tater tot slop..... :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's most definitely worth a try!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Let us know how it was Mike, back in late January I posted momma made some ( too much squished taters) and I told her she didn't need to make that again. I'll stick to the ever so popular tater tot hotdish!!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Shepard's pie sounds great to me but yes too many spuds on it would be the down fall of it.  I like spuds but it is all of the other stuff that I want to taste.  Like the meat!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well folks it was a hit!!!  we both enjoyed it very much!!  if ya want I can post how I did make it.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to hear how you did it Mike.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I placed it in the recipe forum LPS..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had fish last night. Spray lubed the Corningware 9 x 13 then laid the fish in and spiced them up.  Baked at 300 for 25 minutes.  Then put mozarella cheese on them and broiled till cheese started to brown.  So easy and was great!  Added some frozen veggies to the fish. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm making fish tomorrow, going to bake them on a bed of dressing and they will seasoned up too!!  that sure looks tasty LPS!!! 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yellow Mushroom Pizza with the grandkids and a few other sundry relatives tonight.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks tasty lps, I've cooked fish lots of ways but never topped em with cheese, might have to try it.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All this fish talk, gonna have to take some out soon. :happy1:

Lottza mottza 4 meat for us tonight. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Mike are you doing some Stove Top dressing and then putting the fish on it? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
So Mike are you doing some Stove Top dressing and then putting the fish on it?
yes and I'm going to try the cheese too!!  have not tried that...  I use herb dressing

you can also place dressing on top of the fish too.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cook the dressing first and then do the fish thing I suppose.  That sounds real good.  I will try it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers!!!  enjoy!!  using northern tomorrow

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO we are talking about food here that ends up getting cooked.  Tomorrow we have eye Dr. appts in Bemidji.  The old Gander Mountain has been enlarged and turned into an Aldi's.  We are going to check it out tomorrow.  I see they have corned beef points for $1.99 lb.  I like flats cuz they are bigger but will check them out.  Heck of a price.  May buy a bunch of them.  What else should I check out all of you Aldi guys? 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, the produce is good.. both veggies and fruit...  breads, snacks and do NOT be afraid of the name brand..  over all I'm very happy with the Alex Aldi!!!!  top sirloins I have been getting from there for 2 years now..  chicken!! go and explore and have fun!!  the frozen veggies are good too!! pizza's are very good.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers!!!  enjoy!!  using northern tomorrow
OK serious question........... how many different ways you guys cook fish.??? i've had it baked with other stuff added, but never really tripped my trigger.

i've baked it , grilled it, had it pan fried  and deep fried........just never got into mixing fish with other ingredients??? :scratch: side dishes yea. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you about covered all the ways I have cooked fish...  it just amounts to how ya like it..  I just got tired of deep fried fish all the time..  that's when I started cooking it the other ways!!! 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, here is my favorite way to bake fish. I got this recipe from another fishing forum awhile ago.

Baked fish
I cup bread crumbs, can be regular or panko
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp Old Bay
Mix all above ingredients

1/2 cup butter (melted)

Dip fillets in melted butter.
Press fillets into bread crumbs
Lay fillets out in a glass 13x9 baking pan.

Adding any leftover crumbs and butter.
Bake at 375 for 25 min.

For the health conscious, you can sub some of the butter with EVOO.

Use real Parmesan cheese, not the crap in the green plastic bottle.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that does look pretty good coopy............ what type of fish do you usually use??? work best????

my biggest thing is i like to taste and eat the fish...........not alot of other stuff with it. on the side yea.

i had to google old bay.......never heard of it before.  :confused: :rotflmao: oh and panko........ :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/26/21, 09:54:47 AM by glenn57 »

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Mostly walleye, but crappie also. Old Bay is good seasoning for a lot of things. You can get a small container of it to see how you like it.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman