Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488515 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always have a  can of Old Bay seasoning.   It's the best.  I sprinkle some in each bowl of soup I eat whether it is a fish thing or not.  Great on fish too.  I really like to just cook fish that are spiced lightly with Old Bay, Lawry's, and fresh ground pepper with paprika for flavor cuz you can't really even taste it.  Then just drop it in the frying pan with pretty hot butter and let it sit for about 5 or 10 minutes depending on how thick they are.  Then I turn it for a few more minutes and have the eggs ready by this time and you have perfect eggs.  They don't have to be brown to be cooked.  This may be my favorite way to eat fish.  The baked thing is easy and fun too!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Don't the crock pot corned beef go on sale around St. Patties day? Should be soon I would think?
I went into town this morning for grocery's and couldn't find one.  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Aldi's had them on sale for $1.99 lb  I couldn't find one so they must have sold out of them already.  Yup St Pats day is the time to get them on sale.  I buy 4 of them usually.  I get flats cuz they are bigger.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 1, a flat, at the Aldi's in GR but it was 3-4 weeks ago. Went in looking for some ribeyes they had a good price on 1 time & the person stocking the shelves in that department told us that they were probably gone by 10 & they don't open 'til 9. Think they only get trucks in once a week, probably Monday or Tuesday as their weekly Shopper sale starts on Wednesday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made enchiladas yesterday for the first time.. it was way easier than I thought it would be!!!  turned out good too!!  I would like to make huluski some time too..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sue makes enchiladas too. Tasty. :happy1:

We had skin on sunfish, nope no PB&J  :tut: sammiches. Noodles fried in butter and onions and stewed mater's.

For anyone that uses lemon pepper, there's lemon pepper then there's lemon pepper from Alpine Touch. That stuff rocks!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had our sous vide eye of round last night.  Was great!  Nice and tender.  Did it like Del said at 131 for 24 hours.  I had it all spiced up in the bag.  I dumped it and the juice in a small glass pan and put it under the broiler for 5 minutes.  Mixed the juice with an Aldi's gravy mix.  Had it on a piece of rye bread with mashed potatoes on the side.  Was still nice and pink inside too.  Forgot the pics.  Will definitely do it again. 
« Last Edit: March 03/01/21, 09:13:31 AM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Today, since the pot roast went home with daughter, chicken Marsala with chicken in sous vide (several hours at 144 with some italian herbs sprinkled on) and shrooms and marsala cooked down yesterday for sauce.     Also mini farfalle(bowties) and corn...   Maybe Caesar salad too.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow!!  That sounds good Del.  We are having leftovers which is just fine with me.  Love em.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our eye of round.  Very tender.  Great with a gravy on it.  Philly cheese steaks tonight.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to beat sous vide eye of round at 3.99 a pound...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will be the same thing tonight but smothered in gravy!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS head back to Aldi's they have the flats for $2.99 this week starting tomorrow...  have get me a couple!!!!  oh yea corned beef time!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok here is the smothered with gravy version.  There is swiss cheese under there instead of provolone.  More taste.  Pretty darn good!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks good,  :happy1: :happy1: but you'll never match up to Dotch untill you have that world famous pioneer knife!!! :sleazy: :nerd:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you see that fork?  That is my favorite fork.  It is the only one I have.  I have had it for so many years I can't remember where or when I got it.  Good stainless steel.  Quality built tool!  Reminds me of an institutional thing like a school or something like that.  I wish I could find a whole set of them. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you see that fork?  That is my favorite fork.  It is the only one I have.  I have had it for so many years I can't remember where or when I got it.  Good stainless steel.  Quality built tool!  Reminds me of an institutional thing like a school or something like that.  I wish I could find a whole set of them.
it's kinda covered with food though.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea sure the knife collector!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
scored 2 4# corned beef flats today for $2.99 per pound...  one going in the crack pot friday!!!  with cabbage too!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Mike.  Tis the season. Sounds great.  Baked chicken thighs on the Daniel Boone here tonight.  400 degrees for 50 minutes.  Perfect every time.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 Man I'm full. Had the best pizza in a long time. Chefboraredee box pizza. Added a few extra goodies
 Forgot the picture. :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I'm full. Had the best pizza in a long time. Chefboraredee box pizza. Added a few extra goodies
 Forgot the picture. :pouty:
they still make that too??  interesting....