Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489546 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've wondered over the years if they still made them.  As a kid I loved the sauce.  Mom added stuff to it too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We go through about 6 of them a year. It's back on the grocery list. And plenty of pizza sauce. :happy1: sue says. Well she thinks, they usually  in the area of the pizza sauces and tomato sauce.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/21, 07:34:45 PM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
You guyz notice the price of beef is on the rise? picked up a nice choice rib-eye yesterday for tonight at $16.99/lb good grief! tired of mac n cheese and chicken lately.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ouch!  I need to buy another loin then before it gets too high.  Otherwise it is Fun Dogs.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
corned beef is in the crack pot!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I have to hit the grocery store today.  I will look and see what they have.  I attempted to make salisbury steaks last night and was not that good.  Need to try it again.  I need to redeem myself with a good meal now.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are doing a huge remodel on our local grocery store.  Usually a pretty good store for a small town.  I am sure they are struggling with all of the construction whilst they are open.  Parking lot is full of equipment too.  They are not stocking much now I suppose due to it.  Well I did get me a 4 lb corned beef but was the only big one and was $5.49 lb.  $21.  Oh well.  Mike talked me into it.   :sleazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I have to hit the grocery store today.  I will look and see what they have.  I attempted to make salisbury steaks last night and was not that good.  Need to try it again.  I need to redeem myself with a good meal now.

This  :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez, now you tell me.  Perfect every time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe gawd, those are horrible. never was a fan of salsbury steak. there TV dinners are just as gross. we used to get cubed steak when we ordered beef and my wife made a version of salsbury steak....meh we get better use grinding it up in burger. only Banquet stuff we get is there chicken on rare occasions.

and dont even get me started on all those premaid all ya gotta do is heat it up stauffers dinners.  :puke: i'm a cook from scratch guy!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't remember the last time I had a TV dinner but the first one I would grab would be the Salisbury Steak with gravy and spuds.  Heck I would eat it for lunch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Gf made lasagna the other day, dang is that good!!  still wanting to make it myself yet too some time...   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cabbage and taters are with the corned beef simmering away!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cabbage and taters are with the corned beef simmering away!!
yep i got time to get there!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh man is this stuff good!!!   corned beef and cabbage with the taters!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am drooling just thinking about it!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We air fried lobster tails last night, turned out great!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that looks super good HD!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea HD.  We have some in the freezer that we better get eaten up too.  The corn looks darn good too.  Didn't have enough of that last summer. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Really tough not to grill  tonight but we're doing blt's and summer salad (pasta salad). Spose I could do the bacon outside in the cast just to say I did.. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had the corned beef in the pot in the oven for a little over 3 hours.  Is fork tender so it is done.  I have 1" cabbage steaks on the sheet pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic in the oven now.  When it gets blackish around the edges it is done.  May take a quick broil to finish it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had the corned beef in the pot in the oven for a little over 3 hours.  Is fork tender so it is done.  I have 1" cabbage steaks on the sheet pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic in the oven now.  When it gets blackish around the edges it is done.  May take a quick broil to finish it.
good thing Yea just upgraded your septic system. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Leftovers here. :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I want to try the cabbage steaks too!!  enjoy!!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry forgot pics of the beef and cabbage.  The cabbage steaks are pretty good, something different and real easy.  I sprinkled olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper on them.  I think next time I will brush butter on them instead.  Today it will be ruebens.  Actually for a couple of days.   :sleazy:  Glenn I have been craving a steak too.  I have 2 ribeyes left in the freezer.  That is an option too.  I need to buy a ribeye loin when I find one on sale again and have them cut it for me.  Haven't seen any big steak sales lately. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i think i might know how you slice the cabbage to make those cabbage steaks......but how do you keep it together???

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just use a sharp knife but then you have to be sort of careful so they don't fall apart when you lay them on the foil on a cookie sheet to bake them. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
first time I heard of them cabbage steaks they grilling them... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 All this cabbage talk is making me wanting some kraut or a beef roast in the crock pot and all the fixings