Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489097 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no you don't. I can sit down and eat a whole can of olives. Num Num.
me too!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Cathy did sruffed peppers last night and they're always better the second day. Salmon and asparagus for supper tonight. Yum!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, i decided today is a good day for momma to make chili!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: but she dont know it yet!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made potato salad for the first time and I think it came out good tasting!!!  I seen the recipe on the jar of Miracle whip..  it has bacon in it so it has to be good right Glenn!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

and yes snow I have done what you do too..  just needed to make it myself     :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/21, 11:08:50 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made potato salad for the first time and I think it came out good tasting!!!  I seen the recipe on the jar of Miracle whip..  it has bacon in it so it has to be good right Glenn!!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: nope.... Nada.... No way!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

and yes snow I have done what you do too..  just needed to make it myself     :happy1: :happy1:
Mike, another good addition to potato salad is sliced green olives. Try it sometime.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Mike, another good addition to potato salad is sliced green olives. Try it sometime.
I'll bet that gives a whole different taste!!!   I will have to try it!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea a taste to throw right in the dumpster. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, try the olives in your world famous Sketti!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those all sound like great ways to use green olives Coop.  I like them on pizza too.   I am trying to think of something to cook this weekend.  Maybe a couple of things and Tater Tot Hot Dish keeps coming to mind.  Or mayhaps do a couple of fatties on the smoker.  That is always fun.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with the green olives coop, but Glenn might melt if he touched one.. :rotflmao: . Oh and a fatty would hit the spot lps!!  :happy1: Nuttin special but a salmon filet his hitting the brine soon for tomorrow,  hopefully its not an all day rain tho..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, try the olives in your world famous Sketti!
not even if hell freezes over. :tut: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Done threw a beef roast in the oven. Mixed veggies, taters and gravy. :happy1: no cottage cheese or olives allowed. :tut: not even bacon.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the tater salad was a hit with all of us!!!  guess I'll be making that again!!!  bit of a pain to make but worth it!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my MIL and SIL made the best tater salad. wish i could get my wife to make it more often.  :pouty: :pouty: she has made it but says its not the same..........i thunk it was pretty darn good.

cant beat a homemade tater salad.......there are some ok store bought ones...but not many!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Glenn, that is why I'm teaching myself to make so I can get back to the flavors I enjoy!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Like Dotch, we're a fan of most of Mrs. Gerry's salads. Don't buy 'em often but they're all pretty good IMO.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Resers deviled egg is good..  but like $3.00 a pound...  wonder how much a # I have in it???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Glenn, that is why I'm teaching myself to make so I can get back to the flavors I enjoy!!!   :happy1:
some crappy weather day, i should just talk the bull by the horns and make my own. when UMO was still alive a gal from fargo gave me a reciepe i need to try. some of you may remember her....fishinfool. i still have her contact info if its current, havent talked to her in a long while. used to meet up with her and her hubby for a few beers when i had overnight duty in fargo!!!!

they also made one mean batch of homemade BBQ sauce. main ingredient was apricots......only ingredient they'd tell me!!!! :evil: :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The last time I made oyster stew it turned out great!  I have only done it 2 or 3 times.  I have 2 little 4 oz lobsters in the freezer that need to get used up so was thinking of doing the oyster stew with lobster chunks in it.   :sleazy:  The last time I put some small shrimp in it.  The wife likes it when I add other things to distract her from the oysters.  LOL 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to make 2 things today..  a small batch of gumbo and then some pig wings to enjoy!!!!  smothered in BBQ sauce for sure!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just made LPS's recipe for tater salad, it sure looked and tasted good!!  so now I have blending in the fridge...  thanks Barry!!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftovers sloppy joes for lunch, then to moms for easter. :happy1: squeeze in a meat raffle in between.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftovers sloppy joes for lunch, then to moms for easter. :happy1: squeeze in a meat raffle in between.
left overs here too with the tater salad...  I won some bacon and t-bones Thursday night at the meat raffle!!!   :happy1: :happy1:   good luck!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had wild rice, cheese, ring of sausage made here at the meat market.  Great stuff.  Cooked it over the fire as we were splitting wood.  Was great.  With beans.  Need a nap now. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We had the same stuff for breakfast yesterday LPS. We made a bunch of it a couple years ago. Good in eggs too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 10 lb ham to cook today.  Think we will have it for a supper thing.  Think we will just cook it in the oven.  Sounds easy since we will be busy doing stuff.  Maybe some Yukon spuds baked with it and a veggie. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
momma is cooking a ham also for supper tonight!!!!  :happy1: going with betty crocker scalloped taters and my world famous creamed peas!!!  :happy1: iffin a couple kids come, we'll thorw on a couple of packages of ramen noodles too!!