Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489302 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
This morning I took up an enchilada and done Spanish rice to my mom's..

Boy did I get brownie points today  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
decided to try my hand at making omelets for the first time, by golly they turned out real good..  only made cheese one's today but now I other ideas for them!!!   good eats!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My omelets usually end looking like scrambled eggs.  LOL  I need more practice.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wondering how cottage cheese with chives would work in an omelet...asking for a friend... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Wondering how cottage cheese with chives would work in an omelet...asking for a friend... :scratch:

darn good I'll bet!!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
My omelets usually end looking like scrambled eggs.  LOL  I need more practice.

LPS, I whisked the eggs some, heated the pan up with some oil...  poured the eggs in, let cook for a minute or 2..  if bubbles show as you are cooking poke them and also move the pan so the eggs can go further out if needed...  add cheese and cook a bit more...  then I made the first fold, let cook a bit more and either make the 3rd fold in the pan or as you plate it..  remember the eggs will still cook when they are off the heat..  this is all I did...  hope it helps at least some... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will definitely try it.  I order them a lot when we go out. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds good, mine are pretty simple with only folding once. Usually 2 eggs n some milk whisked,  like Mike stated popping bubbles and also lifting the edges and letting all the remaining liquid underneath.  Pile what you want on one side and fold, cook a little more and slide it on a plate, top it with cheese and your ready. It's a little thicker tgat way but I use a smaller pan.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I did 3 eggs this time, 2 next and then maybe I can fold it just once!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:puke: :puke: :doah: :mooning: :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bacon cooked in water.  Here is what I am going to try today.  I will cut the bacon in half so it will fit in the pan better but this looks like a good way to do it.  https://youtu.be/2guC4Badq2s

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard of this but never tried it...   let us know how it works...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Those guys at America's Test Kitchen know what they are doing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: I can't believe your going to ruin perfectly good water by putting bacon in it. :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got back from Alex, man the folks are every where!!  good to see..   picked up a 5 meat stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's!!!  that will be a great meal this weekend!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a Papa Murphy's last nite. Better than those lotsa sloppsa's glenn gets... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just cooked up the last of my asparagus, tastes so good!!!  but with the lack of rain the wild stuff just needs to be left alone..  so store bought after this I guess.. 

hey LPS how did that bacon cooked in water turn out???   going to cook some bacon on the grill in a bit for my tater salad... 
« Last Edit: May 05/28/21, 12:49:23 PM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike the bacon worked great!  Going to do it again today.  So when the water boils away the bacon browns pretty quick.  I wasn't expecting it to go that fast.  Barely had time to get the eggs ready.  It is already hot so browns fast.  I thought some were getting overdone but they are not crunchy and falling apart just real brown.  99.9% of the people that like bacon should like this method.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I just got done getting a mexican flavored egg bake together for breakfast tomorrow..  I think it will taste very good!!!  it called for store bought salsa but I used some Glenn  made!!  and it's good too!!    :happy1: :happy1:  thanks Glenn!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like egg bakes.  Well an update on the bacon in water program.  It works great!  Just did it again.  Seems to go faster and the bacon is done more evenly.  My go to way now.  Easy too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I just got done getting a mexican flavored egg bake together for breakfast tomorrow..  I think it will taste very good!!!  it called for store bought salsa but I used some Glenn  made!!  and it's good too!!    :happy1: :happy1:  thanks Glenn!!!
:happy1: :happy1: hey no problem.......i got more to share, the green pickled maters .......not so much, i only got 3 qts left till fall. definetley in ration mode now!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
text message sent to ya Glenn... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the mexican egg bake turned out very good!!!!  I will make this again!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
too hot to cook outside very much so I made a 3 bean hotdish...  onion burger bacon beans brown sugar and mustard and a bit of liquid smoke...  simmering away now....   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
too hot to cook outside very much so I made a 3 bean hotdish...  onion burger bacon beans brown sugar and mustard and a bit of liquid smoke...  simmering away now....   :happy1:
Linda must not be coming over tonight!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Linda must not be coming over tonight!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
her daughter is moving out of St. Cloud today so is there and at the new place in Sauk Centre helping...