Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1480815 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
too hot to cook outside very much so I made a 3 bean hotdish...  onion burger bacon beans brown sugar and mustard and a bit of liquid smoke...  simmering away now....   :happy1:
Linda must not be coming over tonight!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
her daughter is moving out of St. Cloud today so is there and at the new place in Sauk Centre helping...
:scratch: :scratch: and your not helping????? :doah: not making brownie points that way!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
too hot to cook outside very much so I made a 3 bean hotdish...  onion burger bacon beans brown sugar and mustard and a bit of liquid smoke...  simmering away now....   :happy1:
Linda must not be coming over tonight!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
her daughter is moving out of St. Cloud today so is there and at the new place in Sauk Centre helping...
:scratch: :scratch: and your not helping????? :doah: not making brownie points that way!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:
not with that dip stick ex of hers!!!   besides I did my share yesterday!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i hear ya....when my daughter got divorced i helped her move....my ex was also there but all she did was give orders and get in the way. i ignored her. total waste of good oxygen i say!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i hear ya....when my daughter got divorced i helped her move....my ex was also there but all she did was give orders and get in the way. i ignored her. total waste of good oxygen i say!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
amen maybe he should meet her!!!  he runs amuck over every one and thinks he's the best... 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be the fresh walleye, cold tuna salad, cucumbers with vinager and some tarter sauce. Me happy.....and full. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
DUDE... tarter sauce. Ewe!! :confused: :doah: :rotflmao:

Looks darn good though!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
And a sprinkle of lemon juice. I like a small bit of tarter on my fishes. At least it's not katsup.  :tut: :tut: That only used for french fries and on five year old's hot dogs. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And a sprinkle of lemon juice. I like a small bit of tarter on my fishes. At least it's not katsup.  :tut: :tut: That only used for french fries and on five year old's hot dogs. :happy1: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i dont use katchup on everything......especially fish!!!! :rotflmao: lemon juice yeppers!!!!! my preferred topping on fish is my world famous homemade horseradish!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like horseradish mixed with catsup to dip fish in sometimes

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just realized how much the wife and I had in common making breakfast this morning.  I was using water to fry my bacon and she was using water to clean up some grapes!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
found a recipe for "wild rice" hot dish..  but it uses Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice..  original recipe with 23 herbs and seasonings..  simple enough to make...   got it simmering away now for lunch...  smells good...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I make a mean Tuna Salad.  Uses 4 cans of tuna, shell macaroni, chunk of cheese chopped up, onions, celery, mayo.  I make a double batch so it last for days.  We love it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking some thing like that only I want to use shrimp!!!   and I want to use a deviled egg pasta recipe I found...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
found a recipe for "wild rice" hot dish..  but it uses Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice..  original recipe with 23 herbs and seasonings..  simple enough to make...   got it simmering away now for lunch...  smells good...
Occasionally when we tire of potatoes we'll have a little Uncle Ben's wild rice. Kind of a nice change.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just made a 2 egg omelet, fried some onions, added the eggs that I also added some cilantro to, got that going then added the cheese and sausage I pre-heated..  tasted very good!!!!   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just made a deviled egg pasta salad to have with lunch today...  seems to taste darn good!!  it's cooling and melding the flavors now in the fridge!!!  some thing different!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had anyone picked up a cantaloupe yet??? I picked up 2 of them couple weeks ago and they didn't meet my standards.  :pouty:

And I have pretty low standards.  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Should a guy wait a bit on those??? :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just made a deviled egg pasta salad to have with lunch today...  seems to taste darn good!!  it's cooling and melding the flavors now in the fridge!!!  some thing different!!

You make all the good food... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You make all the good food... :pouty:
bet he doesn't have one of them one of a kind pioneer knives though!!!🤣🤣

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do have one of those knifes, but it's a pairing knife!!!  the salad came out good...  I followed the recipe this time to check it out...  next time I will add radishes and celery for both color and crunch..  I think it would be good with shrimp in it too!!  or tuna maybe..  options!!!   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've got both. Steak knives & paring knives. The local dealers were giving the steak knives away when they'd have show plot nights.  I even found some paring knives with green handles the other day. Might have to grab a couple to add to my collection.

That recipe sounds delish mikey! And the plus of shrimp & texture would only add to the culinary enjoyment! Plus glenn wouldn't eat it... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right.  :bonk: not because I don't like shrimp, it don't like me  :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds real good Mike.  Anything with Deviled Eggs is a good thing. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right.  :bonk: not because I don't like shrimp, it don't like me  :pouty:
more for us!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunfish.... It's what was for supper!!!👍

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman