Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488595 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Some battered catfish filets/strips I found, along with peas and chopped onions ( I can't find pearl onions anywhere !) in my seasoned butter sauce, and a few slices of bread. And look Glen, my world-famous tartar sauce!!! With lotsa horsey radish in it! :rotflmao: Dinner reminded me of my Dad, we'd go up to the river and catch a 5 gal pail of bullheads, head back to his house, grab the pliers and skin 'em, and deep fry 'em in seasoned beer batter we made. Always made a huge platter, and we'd eat every one. Sure do miss him.
« Last Edit: August 08/18/21, 05:24:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great.  I need to go fishing next week when it cools down some. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You sure them ain't carp fillets. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Tarter sauce... :puke: must not like the taste of that fish. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:

Seriously looks good.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great! I'm a big fan of pearl onions,  especially for pickled fish,little balls of juicyness!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've pickled pearl onions, put a few this chili peppers in with them. Good stuff. But takes alot of them to fill a pint jar  :confused: and a pain to clean.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Easy peasy chow tonight. Coborns 4 brothers course ground weiners, my homemade sauerkraut, some cukes and maters. Of course no forgetting the katchup and my girls famous homemade horseradish. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't find the pearls anywhere, just the bigger (olive sized ones).
Haven't seen 'em for the last year or more....maybe thos are the size you guys are talking about? I'm thinking of the marble sized ones. Any ideas, guys?
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 07:49:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't find the pearls anywhere, just the bigger (olive sized ones).
Haven't seen 'em for the last year or more....maybe thos are the size you guys are talking about? I'm thinking of the marble sized ones. Any ideas, guys?
yea those are the ones i've seen........not the ones your looking for Reb, but then again i dont really look for those either!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't even really see 'em online! What the hey is up with that?! They don't sell 'em anymore?! Another thing that's become rare are watermelon pickles...and candied yams! Not one jar or can to be found anywhere this year!  :angry:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to look for the onion pearls next week...  couldn't find any more avocado mayo today...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
^%$#@! Forgot the mayo......back over to ALDI!  :banghead:

No luck on the pearl onyums.  :cry:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
BLT's for lunch.....thanks to Mikey for reminding me!  :azn: As soon as I ate this, I wanted another one... :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got another pack of bacon out to grill for tomorrow's BLT's!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think by Winter, with the price of it skyrocketing, it'll be a black market item!
Haveta buy it at nite out of the back of a truck!  :police:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
had BLT'S fer chow tonight.....................

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We decided it was a good day for soup, so... Homemade turkey noodle/ vegetable soup with plantenbergs homemade ring bologna.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorta is a good day for soup!!   looks good!!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks really good Glenn!! It was a good day to cook inside,  momma did a bone in pork n kraut in the crock pot,  I are full..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We decided it was a good day for soup, so... Homemade turkey noodle/ vegetable soup with plantenbergs homemade ring bologna.

Been thinking about that since ya posted it......how do you make it, care to share? Thinking soop today for some reason.. :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking soups too.  Finally getting to that time of year.  But I had a ham, egg, cheese sandwich with Avo Mayo and a little onion. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Making my beef soop is gonna be spendy this year, what with the price of round steak or ball tips... :censored:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Making my beef soop is gonna be spendy this year, what with the price of round steak or ball tips... :censored:
use soup bones!!!!!!! its what i use when i do the beef version. they sell them in most butcher shops.........i get mine when i order beef by the 1/4 or 1/2.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Been thinking about that since ya posted it......how do you make it, care to share? Thinking soop today for some reason.. :scratch:
certainly!!!!!!! :happy1: might be a little long winded though!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

first off, the turkey was from thanksgiving last year. i take the carcass and biol it till the meat falls off the bones......all the bones. this makes its own broth also! so, we usually have plenty of leftover turkey i add more meat.......me likes a meaty soup. i've take raw chicken and did the same thing when its raw.....just boil the crap out of it.

secondly, i make my own soup mix...all from the garden.....but you could add your veggies too!!!!!!! its cabbage, corn, onions, green beans  :sleazy: peas, peppers, celery,.............so depending on how much broth depends on how many qts of soup mix i put in. about the only thing not from the garden are the peas! i always add some bay leaves to it, and salt and pepper.....

since i grew up putting noodles in everything, we add noodles. egg noodles work good, but we found in the frozen section a homemade type egg noodle that works great in them. thought that was a lost art. mt grandma made them when we did the chicken butcher party back in the day!!!

any more questions.........fire away!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/27/21, 11:57:14 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great! :tongue: Gotta do that! But....think I could get the turkey meat some other way than making a whole one? Do they sell chunked up turkey? Mikey....?
I like egg noodles too, use the wavy wider ones in my chicky noodle soop.  :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Get a turkey booby, or chicken quarters.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Great! :tongue: Gotta do that! But....think I could get the turkey meat some other way than making a whole one? Do they sell chunked up turkey? Mikey....?
I like egg noodles too, use the wavy wider ones in my chicky noodle soop.  :smiley:

not sure about turkey, chicken yes...  but I'd buy fresh or frozen birds.. much cheaper that way..  Aldi's has canned chicken in 10 oz cans... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooh ick....hey! How about a couple cornish hens cooked up?  :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
think those would work too!!!!!

oh i'd add some kind of tomatoes also!!!!!!

to me and keep in mind next time down the road..like chicken.......... grill it first a whole bird.......you can cut it in pieces, extra meat throw in the soup........ that grilled flavor in the soup is lights out awesome!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

last time I looked cornish hens they were very spendy...   

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
any more questions.........fire away!!!!
[/quote]

Yes, what does a Bay leaf taste like?