Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488484 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well I'm making a chicken hotdish today...   colored peppers, onions and some jalapenos..  but instead of pasta I'm using Reb's favorite veggie's!!!   a blend of green and yellow bean with some baby carrots.. I have it simmering away now and it looks and smells good!!!   :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm certain when he reads this he'll be hell bent on his way to your house Mike!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

todays lunch will be leftover chili.......and chow mein fer supper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hubba: :hubba:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes he will!!  that sounds good too Glenn!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had a pound of breakfast sausage and decided to make a scrambled eggs for wraps...  onion's, peppers, mushrooms, seasonings, some garlic, cheese and a bunch of eggs..  dang that tastes good!!  going to be lunch today!! 
« Last Edit: October 10/25/21, 11:37:37 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn if that doesn't sound good. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
tri tip in crock pot?    :angry2: :angry2:

Ayup. Scrumptious. 6 hrs on low. Fell apart.  You don't like tri-tips?  :tongue:
Love them.  Santa maria style medium rare.   Hate to see what you would do to a rib roast..... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
?!?? It WAS med rare.  Santa Maria...always with the fancy names. No, it was cooked the El crocko-maceta way.  :rolleyes:
At least I didn't boil it in a bag! It came out med-rare, full of taste, and basically fell apart... What more do you want?
« Last Edit: October 10/27/21, 06:38:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never heard of that either..  must be a Calif. thing....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No stove or cork-pot involved. Thick braunschweiger sandwich, on butter slathered white bakery bread, topped with onyum slices. Cottage cheese with chives, all washed down with a big glass of cold milk.  *burp*   :tongue:
Then out to the red rocket for some chilly leaf-grinding........

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't had braunschweiger for awhile.  I like with mayo and dill pickle slices.  The onion sounds good too.   

SO I did a taste test with Hellmans Mayo, Miracle Whip, and Avocado Mayo the other day that I found interesting.  The Hellmans of course was the most mild.  Then I was surprised at this.  The Miracle Whip had less kick to it than the Avocado Mayo did.  SO there is 3 levels of Mayo type stuff now.  I do like the Avocado Mayo best I think. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, the avacodo mayo ain't bad. In fact, I finished the bottle of it the other day...! I slather it on cotto salami slices and have a pile o' sour cream 'n chives chippers to round it out.
Well, now it's misting out, 49*, and blowing leaves good....dang. O well, out we go...rains never bothered me.Just makes ya tougher. Best time in the world to fish.  :fish2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
No stove or cork-pot involved. Thick braunschweiger sandwich, on butter slathered white bakery bread, topped with onyum slices. Cottage cheese with chives, all washed down with a big glass of cold milk.  *burp*   :tongue:
Then out to the red rocket for some chilly leaf-grinding........

did ya get the Aldi's stuff??   I like that one!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when we at Cub's I noticed a different brand of liquid smoke..  made by colgin, and this was mesquite!!  I'll be trying it soon I hope!!  and they other wood flavors too.. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep in mind mesquite can be bitter as heck......

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
used it for smoking meats for years and yes it can, but it sure is good done right!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beef stroganoff, buttered cannonballs, and fresh bakery rolls. Didn't have any beef tips; used hamburger instead, with lotsa m'rooms, sour cream, and egg noodles.
Darned tasty. Even enjoyed my new centerpice/caddy! Amazing what ya can make with a table saw from leftover wood, some stain, and a few pieces of wrought iron!  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Reb! :happy1: we use burger all the time also. Thing we add some sort of cream of soup to??? :scratch:

We had fried boneless norderns and buttered noodles. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO I thought I would try to order a half hog to pick up whilst hunting next week and bring it home.  This is down in hog country too.  The butcher I know who is a great guy said there is no way he could have one ready for me by then.  Completely swamped with so much work.  He said he may never catch up with his list of critters to butcher.  Would be about $225 - $250 so the price is right where it should be.  Darn...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pull so strings!! Use all that clout you have. Hell, threaten to bring Reb with. :rotflmao: tell the butcher Reb will wear his Halloween costume. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I'll give him "some help" to get that pigger ready for Barry... :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks to be in the 30's for Halloween...maybe that'll freeze up those candy-beggin' street urchins... :rotflmao: Anywho, methinks I'll make a big pot o' 'tato and kielbasa soop with chives to have and freeze some containers of... :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a nice eye of round roast going, Jim wants some roast beef and the fixins before he has surgery next week.. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got done making some corn bread muffins and butter herb biscuits to go with the roast.. smells good here!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just bought 2 boxes of corn bread mix....!  Is that roast a Santa Maria special? :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know about boat roasts but this one came off a beef!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I didn't know boats had a roast??? :scratch: :doah: I Know mine doesn't!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I didn't know boats had a roast??? :scratch: :doah: I Know mine doesn't!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

me either!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, that I certainly can believe.  :evil: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish ole RH was around these days to give us updates on meat prices,my local butcher had choice ribeye steaks on sale yesterday for $27.95/lb....ugh,some sale, :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They had some thick cut ribeyes here that were $19.99 lb a couple of weeks ago.  They were beautiful!  They were about 2 lbs ea. so that is a $40 steak.