Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488856 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
any one here ever use coconut milk in their cooking???
nope, only time i ever had coconut milk was down in mexico. wasnt food.......something called a poco loco........ :drinking: :drinking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen a recipe on the last Minn Bound, fry some onions up, then add some fresh sweet corn that has been cut off the cob...  after a bit add some coconut milk and stir..  looked good..    but not as good as Laura!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: fried nordern and homemade french fries. :happy1:
Glenn, what’s that bottle with the blue label?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats's MY WIFES tarter sauce...........my horseradish is the small baby food jar you see.

i aint eating tarter sauce on fish...... :tut: :tut: :tut: no flippin way!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats's MY WIFES tarter sauce........... i cant help it she wasnt brought up better!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: my horseradish is the small baby food jar you see.

i aint eating tarter sauce on fish...... :tut: :tut: :tut: no flippin way!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Coop musta hit home, you posted it twice!! Check this stuff out Glenn,  been awhile since we had cheese burglar tater tot hotdish!  Substitute the mushroom soup with cheese soup add chopped bacon , pickles and throw out the corn, voila!!! Good stuff!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I screwed up and wanted to add something but musta hit quote instead. :confused:

So was that Campbell's cheese soup. :scratch: :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have chili on my mind.  Will be on tomorrows menu.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Homemade wild rice soup and ground bologna sammiches.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: You don't need no more baloney!!  :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Glenn,  that's an interesting sammich.. :scratch: Dang that's funny gunner!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Glenn,  that's an interesting sammich.. :scratch: Dang that's funny gunner!!
we had them a fair amount growing up. i really like them every once in a while. pretty simple.

i just ground up a 1/2 ring bologna....through the grinder on the kitchen aid  :happy1:
add miricale whip.......yes that stuff!! :rotflmao: to your liking
onions, salt and pepper and pickle relish........not  alot. wife had sweet pickle relish  :tut: :tut: i got some homemade stuff from my mommy!!! :happy1:
a did add a dash of garlic. been on a garlic kick lately!!!! slop'er on some bread!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean a polska keilbaska or a smoked sausage in a ring Glenn?  Then grind it up, or the regular bologna and grind it up.  My Mom used to grind up the cheapest hot dogs she could buy and added some onion, some relish, and sometimes some pieces of cut up cheese.  Times were thin and us kids loved it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean a polska keilbaska or a smoked sausage in a ring Glenn?  Then grind it up, or the regular bologna and grind it up.  My Mom used to grind up the cheapest hot dogs she could buy and added some onion, some relish, and sometimes some pieces of cut up cheese.  Times were thin and us kids loved it.
nope a real ring of bologna. I get it at the butcher shop I grew up with. Best bologna and hot dogs I've ever had.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope a real ring of bologna. I get it at the butcher shop I grew up with. Best bologna and hot dogs I've ever had.

chicken in them??   we want to know!!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not that I'm aware of. It's from plantenbergs in Richmond.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been meaning to drive down there and check that place out,,  need to do that sometime...  you can buy the beer!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been meaning to drive down there and check that place out,,  need to do that sometime...  you can buy the beer!!!
ok, Corky's is right across the street. :happy1: :rotflmao:

AND a meat raffle tomorrow at 2:30.  :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy:
« Last Edit: November 11/19/21, 07:28:25 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn wish I was closer.  Butcher shop and a bar nearby?  Doesn't get much better that that. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang Glenn that would be great!!!  except Linda's thanksgiving dinner is tomorrow...   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang Glenn that would be great!!!  except Linda's thanksgiving dinner is tomorrow...   :happy1:
so I'm second fiddle again, huh!!!🥴 :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: always next Saturday.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some leftover bacon so am thinking about a bacon, onion, cheese omelet this morning.  Mike has inspired me to practice them more and I am getting pretty good at it.  Of course that is a biased opinion and the only one that matters.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 I had a few potatoes that I needed to use..  so I cut them up like I would be making American fries..  put them in a bowl, added olive oil, oregano, basil, course salt and pepper..  tossed them so well blended.  placed them in a foil pack and cooked them in the over til done..  not bad!!  so this morning I took some and put them in the frying pan and a touch of oil.  heated them up, added a couple eggs and cheese and scrambled them..  a good breakfast!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a few potatoes that I needed to use..  so I cut them up like I would be making American fries..  put them in a bowl, added olive oil, oregano, basil, course salt and pepper..  tossed them so well blended.  placed them in a foil pack and cooked them in the over til done..  not bad!!  so this morning I took some and put them in the frying pan and a touch of oil.  heated them up, added a couple eggs and cheese and scrambled them..  a good breakfast!!!
:pouty: you ate all that, AND your gonna eat all Linda's turkey day feast???? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wasn't that big a breakfast, but yuppers!!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
baked up a butternut squash last night, butter and brown sugar  came out great!!!!  a nice golden brown on top!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a couple of pkgs. of meat off the ends of the last rib eye loin I cut up so the wife is going to make stroganoff out of it today.   :sleazy:  Man does that sound good.  Had some walleye fillets last night.  Baked them for 30 minutes with butter smeared on them and some spices.  Sure is easy and tastes great.  Had some veggie medley with it.