Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489287 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Well not on the stove, but the Lefse grill. Close enough. Ready for Thanksgiving.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good coopy, my wife likes that stuff, I had never had it.

When I was in red wing I picked up some and was pretty tasty

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Remember awhile back we talked about spices getting old?  I had some for over 10 years I am sure.  Well I just got a new Cavenders.  Night and day difference from the new and old one.  The old one I could tell didn't have a lot of flavor.  Glad I got the new one.  May have to clean out some other old stuff.  Also going to upgrade my sausage dressing recipe.  Had too much bread crumbs in it for me.  Drowned out the sausage.   :sleazy:
« Last Edit: November 11/23/21, 10:15:29 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i got a bone to pick with my wife....... :confused: :tut: :doah: she said she is making a pumpkin and lemon marange pie for thanksgiving.

but she wont do it till tomorrow........... :confused: :banghead:she wants some left for thursday!!!!! she's afraid i may eat to much of it before then.  :rolleyes: :evil: :angel: :angel:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well i got a bone to pick with my wife....... :confused: :tut: :doah: she said she is making a pumpkin and lemon marange pie for thanksgiving.

but she wont do it till tomorrow........... :confused: :banghead:she wants some left for thursday!!!!! she's afraid i may eat to much of it before then.  :rolleyes: :evil: :angel: :angel:

she sure knows you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   smart woman!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

she sure knows you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   smart woman!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
well i think its cruel and unjust punishment!!!!!! :confused: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The lefse looks great coop! I'm usually around while it's made here but lucked out last weekend and went bird hunting. The wife and whipper snapper did 4 batches but  im sure we'll need more. Gotta love it!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Grandma used to make lefsa I liked it.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you mentioned injecting your turkey with a butter thing.  My brother injected a turkey with butter/garlic and one with teriyaki and did them in oil and they were the best I ever ate.  I'm thinking of injecting our turkey with a butter garlic.  How much do you use? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you mentioned injecting your turkey with a butter thing.  My brother injected a turkey with butter/garlic and one with teriyaki and did them in oil and they were the best I ever ate.  I'm thinking of injecting our turkey with a butter garlic.  How much do you use?
its a 14 lber, and since its going into the oven i will only inject it once. i will use 2 sticks of butter. i also try and use seasonings that wont clog up my injector needle, and i have the big one from cabelas. pepper is a no-no and i try to hit the breast meat the most. i do the wings and legs to but not as much.

wife wont let me grill the thanksgiving bird!!!! :pouty: i would way prefer that, but......it makes a better flavored soup after the fact.

now iffin its grilled i would use 3 sticks of butter and inject it again about half way through cooking.

i love a good deep fried turkey, but it takes alot of oil and we just dont do it enough to justify the cost of the peanut oil. i have the kettle and burner for it......... :pouty: we learned after a few birds deep fried to cut the wings off and put them in the oil about 15 minutes before the rest of the bird is done,
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 09:10:16 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Just finished up my turkey wild rice soup. Turned out petty tasty.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

who da heck you feeding!!   looks awesome!!!  I'll send ya my address so you can ship some when it's froze!!!   oh heck I can drive there too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

who da heck you feeding!!   looks awesome!!!  I'll send ya my address so you can ship some when it's froze!!!   oh heck I can drive there too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Mike, I’d send you some but the wife would kill me. All she eats is soup. We could go out to a restaurant and she would order soup?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I cooked bacon 2 ways this morning...  1st I used the nordic ware microwavable bacon cooker.. it did ok but only 3 or 4 pieces at a time...  the other way was in the oven on a rack, done it that way many times...  the micro wave was much faster and it did OK too..  so I guess it's up the the user on how to cook it..  favor was good both ways too.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Waste of electricity either way.  :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only one..  gas stove..  never had an electric stove nor do I want one...   and just cause ya don't like bacon!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
only one..  gas stove..  never had an electric stove nor do I want one...   and just cause ya don't like bacon!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
gas, electricity, meh whatever... All the same!!🤭🤭 :sleazy: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/28/21, 06:08:31 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Always been a pan fry guy here, until the dogs started getting an egg, they were done in the grease also..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Never done the oven thing. Had a microwave dealie that worked OK. Got packed away when we remodeled & haven't  seen it since. But, mmmm...eggs fried in bacon grease. Nothin' better!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Know quite a few that like their :fish2: that way too.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Growing up my grandparents cooked everything in lard. Even my parents for a while.

I save bacon grease and use it occasionally for eggs and hash browns.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Growing up my grandparents cooked everything in lard. Even my parents for a while.

They cooked your parents  in lard?   Damn.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

They cooked your parents  in lard?   Damn.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:naw del, my parents used lard too  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Never done the oven thing. Had a microwave dealie that worked OK. Got packed away when we remodeled & haven't  seen it since. But, mmmm...eggs fried in bacon grease. Nothin' better!  :happy1:

oh that is darn tasty!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

Never use hot bacon grease for eggs.....I hate crispy eggs. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I cook bacon on a countertop griddle. I hate cooking anything greasy in the over, I like to keep my oven clean, it’s to much work to clean.