Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488987 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I got the tater salad made and blending in the fridge..  one more toss in about an hour to make sure it's all evenly blended!!  Hey Copperman, what temp do you cook your bacon on the counter top griddle???  thinking about using the electric fry pan next...   ya me thinking about the grease splatter in the stove!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When it's nice out I like to cook the bacon in a cast iron pan on the side burner on the gas grill.  Tastes great and the house isn't greasy for 2 days. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
When it's nice out I like to cook the bacon in a cast iron pan on the side burner on the gas grill.  Tastes great and the house isn't greasy for 2 days.

thats why I like cooking it on the grill..   and that's where I'll most likely go back too... 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
well I got the tater salad made and blending in the fridge..  one more toss in about an hour to make sure it's all evenly blended!!  Hey Copperman, what temp do you cook your bacon on the counter top griddle???  thinking about using the electric fry pan next...   ya me thinking about the grease splatter in the stove!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Mike, I usually cook the bacon low around 250-300  to keep the splatter down. flipping it 3 or 4 times until it’s pretty crisp. I know some people don’t like their bacon crisp. Like others said I’ll cook my bacon outside when weather permits. I use my Brookstone grill for that.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
brookstone or blackstone???   couldn't find a brookstone griddle...

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
brookstone or blackstone???   couldn't find a brookstone griddle...
Sorry, it’s a Blackstone.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Home made baked beans in the crockpot from dried Navy Beans. Beats store bought beans in a can every time. :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: those look good Ken.......same after effects????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Eggs jelly toast and the best dang venny jalopeneo cheedar brauts ever!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lori is one heck of a cook!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

looks good. what is the fascination with cheese mixed in with the meat??????? dont get me wrong, i like cheese and i dont mind it mixed in but i prefer it without!!!!!!

maybe its just me but the high temp cheese just aint the same!!!!!!!! kinda like putting nutz in baked goods  :pouty:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I hear ya, not for every one, but it really compliment the peppers
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what kind of cheese boar???? HD gave me some venision goodies when i went out to chase tree rats. his had pepper jack cheese!!!!! that was tasty!!!!!!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
:happy1: those look good Ken.......same after effects????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Yeah....your stomach doesn't digest them right away. So they start to ferment. The fermentation process is a chemical process that give off Carbon Dioxide just like brewing beer does. Lots of gas produced.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cheedar, like yur head, cheedar head.
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hungry so forgot a picture, but had homemade turkey soup and more bologna!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Thirteen pints of (as Glenn would say) my world famous cilantro roasted poblano salsa.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thirteen pints of (as Glenn would say) my world famous cilantro roasted poblano salsa.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:looksto me like a couple of them rims are starting to show a bit of rust!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what kind of bologna do you eat Glenn.  The sliced stuff for sandwichs?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope, its ring bologna!!last nites  bologna was from breaglemans in richmond.......just for a change. not near as good as the bologna from plantenbergs also in richmond but breagelmans is pretty good.

i actually dont remember the last time we had the sliced stuff in the house. my got to sandwich meat lately has been the ham...not the honey ham either  :doah: :tut: been having a hankerin for turkey ham lately too!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:looksto me like a couple of them rims are starting to show a bit of rust!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pot calling the kettle black!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
No Glenn, it wipes right off. It’s from the high iron content in my well water.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No Glenn, it wipes right off. It’s from the high iron content in my well water.
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: The TOO MUCH kind!! :nerd:          :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: The TOO MUCH kind!! :nerd:          :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm,here I thought I was the only one that still makes bologna sammies,I usually grocery shop on sundays,last weekend whilst purchasing sandwich meat (sliced) I grabbed a package of bologna,not wearing my cheaters I didn't notice this package of bologna had chopped jalapeno in the slices...nice change,in my homemade "chuck wagons"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We like those here too, snow! Usually we have 3 or 4 different kinds of Fareway's sliced sandwich meat in fridge to throw 1 together with. I usually like some sliced bologna on mine.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get a pkg of it now and then too.  I also get a pkg of the ham and cheese sandwich meat too.  It is cheap and isn't too bad.  I have me a can of SPAM that has been on my mind lately.  I'm gonna crack that soon.   :sleazy:  Tater tot hot dish has been on my mind too. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
We like those here too, snow! Usually we have 3 or 4 different kinds of Fareway's sliced sandwich meat in fridge to throw 1 together with. I usually like some sliced bologna on mine.

Yeah gunner,in my younger days running/gunning on the road,always short on cash,gas stop usually resulted in a quick cheap "chuck wagon" in the gas station micro for .50 or one of those berry filled pies for .25 to fuel up.

Still today my chuck wagons are bologna,cotto salami,cheese slice,a couple hot pickle slices and horsey sauce,short on yellow mustard at my house these days.