Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488726 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
We like those here too, snow! Usually we have 3 or 4 different kinds of Fareway's sliced sandwich meat in fridge to throw 1 together with. I usually like some sliced bologna on mine.

Yeah gunner,in my younger days running/gunning on the road,always short on cash,gas stop usually resulted in a quick cheap "chuck wagon" in the gas station micro for .50 or one of those berry filled pies for .25 to fuel up.

Still today my chuck wagons are bologna,cotto salami,cheese slice,a couple hot pickle slices and horsey sauce,short on yellow mustard at my house these days.
Love those chuckwagons also Snow, but what really made them good was putting them in the old Stewart sandwich oven, not the microwave. We had a pizza oven at work that did a pretty good job.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda late to the wild rice turkey soup party, but momma boiled up the breast bone from one turkey and the carcass from another yesterday, and I might say it was fabulous! No bologna was harmed tho Glenn,  just some grilled cheese!  ;)  After checking out the dirty joke thread I'm leaning for taco's tonight..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: looks good boober

Must be the creamy version.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup darn good looking meal!!!!  compliments to the cook!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had a nice surprise making my morning omelet a bit a go..  break the 2nd egg and it's a double yoker!!  haven't seen one of them in a long time!!!    meat and cheese today in it...    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Kewl! Growing up on the farm, used to see double-yolked eggs most often when our new group of pullets would start laying in the fall. 🐔
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
back when I was in egg inspections used to see them all the and always from certain farms!!  scored a few here and there over the years and messed with folks heads when making breakfasts!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We see them a lot in the Jumbo eggs we buy & that's usually at WM in GR. We each had 1 today & they were Jumbos from WM in Mason City.
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 05:45:44 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Twice the fun.  LOL  I made a great batch of tater tot hot dish last night.  May be the best ever.  Pic later.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cooking down the last of my frozen maters...  going to season them up and then bake some chicken breasts in it... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Twice the cholesterol!
:scratch: Had to ask my doctor about my cholesterol because he's never brought it up. :confused: No statins needed to control mine so far & we eat quite a few eggs!  :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never had high numbers there either...  so bring on the eggs!!  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I take meds for it so I eat a lot of eggs too.   :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some bone in country style ribs in the frig that I will put on a bed of sliced onions in the crock pot today.  After they have cooked for a few hours I will put some Baby Rays sauce on them and let them simmer for another couple of hours. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not much for mac and cheese unless it's home made..  bought a box of the Cheeto Mac and cheese and by golly not all bad..  different from kraft for sure..

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have to look for that one. Wife likes the boxed stuff and I tolerate it but that's about it. The junk we had for school lunch pretty well wrecked my tastebuds for mac and cheese. Between that and goulash I don't know which sucked worse. Had both of them 14 dozen too many times.  :puke:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve got the blue box stuff in my doomsday pantry, but that is where it stays. It’s ok if mixed with something.
Going to town today to the meat market to pick up my 2x smoked ham for Christmas.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I didn't score a prime rib roast...  out already..   oh well..  I'm want to make scallop chowder on Christmas any way.. going to try that vs clams for something different... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too cold, I don't feel like fishing so I am making deviled eggs.  Do any of you use Miracle Whip instead of Mayo for extra flavor?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Too cold, I don't feel like fishing so I am making deviled eggs.  Do any of you use Miracle Whip instead of Mayo for extra flavor?

yup I do!!   no vinegar needed then.  haven't tried avocado mayo yet...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks and I was thinking of the Avocado Mayo too.  I will use Miracle Whip this time. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now I will have make some after this weekend!!!    :happy1:

I know when I'll make them, Christmas day when I make scallop chowder!!!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/17/21, 03:27:52 PM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't add or put Mayo on anything. :puke:

Miracle whip all the way baby!!👍

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
These are tangy ones with Miracle Whip like Glenn likes.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

AND there are no longer a dozen of them.  Pretty darn good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to smoked paprika and really like that!!  looks great!!!   go good with the beer I just opened!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya ever add a drizzle or 2 of liquid smoke to them. That's good stuff.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya ever add a drizzle or 2 of liquid smoke to them. That's good stuff.

yuppers!!!   that's good stuff too!!  used right that is!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is smoked paprika I used.   :happy1:   AND liquid smoke sounds like a great idea.  We had them that night as hors douvres.  There were only 3 left in no time at all.  I went to have one and the wife ate all three even after saying they were a little tangy for her with the Miracle Whip.  LOL  The must not have been too bad if she ate all three of the left over ones.  LOL