Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488711 times)

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Fresh Rainbow Trout out of Itasca. Baked @ 400 for 15 minutes.

Here is a cooking tutorial. First time on camera or editing so I thought it turned out pretty good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFtra_yi478&t=78s

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Itasca??? Like lake Itasca??? In Minnesota??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Itasca??? Like lake Itasca??? In Minnesota??

I'm guessing Itasca Cty..

Itasca County - Just a bit north of Lake Itasca. I believe the lake is stocked annually by the DNR.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are cabin is in Itasca county. Just north of bowstring lake.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
OK, I was wrong. I made the assumption that Itasca state park would be in Itasca County. This was near Itasca state park.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know of a couple lakes in that area w/trout. One is Long Lake where the Clearwater Co. campground is on Hwy 200 & the other is Bad Medicine.
« Last Edit: January 01/25/22, 12:53:09 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, I was wrong. I made the assumption that Itasca state park would be in Itasca County. This was near Itasca state park.
i bet there are alot of people that think that!!!!! i was one for a while, then i went there once!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had a package of crescent sheets, thought it was crescent rolls..  rolled it out and then place some pepper cheese in it and rolled it back up.. tasty!!! 

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I know of a couple lakes in that area w/trout. One is Long Lake where the Clearwater Co. campground is on Hwy 200 & the other is Bad Medicine.

Nailed it on the first one  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not far from beautiful downtown Zerkel!  :happy1:

Spent many of my younger days in that area, mainly on Cox Lake & Long Lost. Never fished the Long Lake on Hwy. 200 tho but my older brother has. Claimed it was a blast! Pretty Lake & pretty deep.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made the taco soup today. Pretty good too. I couldn't get myself to add corn. If it's for color only I'll pass, I see no benefit for flavor, just my opinion though.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I had some today out of the freezer. :laugh: :azn: :happy1: :cheesy: :kiss: :laugh:

You gotta be the only person I know who doesn't like corn. My family practically lives for Aug and Sept for corn on the cob. :wowza: :wowza:
« Last Edit: January 01/25/22, 07:15:40 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like corn and actually freeze corn like you do, but I don't see a benefit to corn in anything taco.

My daughter makes a fresh salsa with corn,it's good just don't see what corn does for flavor. Like said I'm not big on color coordinating food

I way prefer corn off the cob and from the freezer over the stuff from a can.
« Last Edit: January 01/25/22, 07:18:07 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
today I decided to make a burger and bean hotdish..   added 3 kinds of beans, Bush's pork and beans, light red kidney beans and black beans..  browned the burger with onions and celery and salt and pepper..  added that all together and also cooked and cut up some bacon and added too along with, for good measure mushrooms..  turned out good!!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That sounds a little like the dish we jokingly call "Bean Surprise" in these parts, sans the mushrooms. It commonly appears at church potluck dinners & I really like it. It was also a staple at family gatherings to be washed down with lime Kool-aid. Not a lime Kool-aid fan... :puke:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear on the kool aid!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man the price of hamburger is crazy.  Here 85% burger is $5 a lb.  I may start buying pork butts and grinding them up for our burger.  Pork burgers are as good or better as a beef burger.  May try a pork burger meat loaf too.  I would like to buy some beef right from the farmer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Working at the grocery store I've been eyeballing there reduced bin. I wouldn't say great deals but a few bucks off. It was pretty full today.

Forgot to take a picture tonight but we had one of them big ham steaks and fries.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
having a Mr. Boston too but with water...   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect!! I had a brandy coke earlier, chased that down with ham an cheese omelets with bacon, sausage and toast. I'm ready for a pizza or something..lol.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't even need one of those special pioneer knives tonight.  :shocked: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried something different this morning..  took a container of pillsbury cinnamon rolls, flatened tham out thin and put them in a muffin tray..  back filled that apple pie filling..  baked it up, let it cool and drizzled the frosting on them..  very tasty!!!    :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 I bet they were tasty! Can one have ice cream before noon? If not mine woulda been piled high!!  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry,  I looked for the grilling thread on the run but couldn't find it, it'll hafta go here for now!! Gotta go.. :surrender:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry,  I looked for the grilling thread on the run but couldn't find it, it'll hafta go here for now!! Gotta go.. :surrender:
Looks Great!  I keep brushing the snow off my grill like I'm really going to stand out in the cold and freeze my balls off for a burger!!  :cold:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty:  :pouty: leech, that's when they taste the bestest!!! :happy1: