Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489592 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So the chicken that I was given I am going to make into soup today.  I have never done that from scratch before.  Thinking I will simmer the chicken for a long time and then take the meat off the bones and add some carrots, celery, onions, and mayhaps some extra wide egg noodles to it. May add some Better than Bullion chicken flavored to it too.  May need some green spices I'm thinking too.  ??
is it a whole bird???? i'd cut it up. always add boulion !!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

looks like you got a good old homemade soup going there!!!!!!!! hows about cabbage???//

what's wrong with grilling or smoking it then make some soup!!!!!!
man that makes it taste even more gooder!! :hubba: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yup.....Cut the chicken up. Eat the breast, thighs, and drum sticks. Save all the bones. Take the skin off all the meat. Simmer all the bones and skin. Remove and add back any meat and veggies. I usually precook the noodles. Or they soak up all the liquid. Add them at the end.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And cabbage does sound good too Glenn.  I may have to make a cabbage hamburger veggie soup soon.  I am using my new 6.7 Qt enamel cast iron pot for the first time on this one.   :sleazy:  I did put a couple teaspoons of Better than Bullion chicken in too.  That stuff is great!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The soup turned out real good but I needed to add even more Bullion to it for more flavor.  The pot was half full not up to the top like usual with the old one that is smaller.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Seafood linguine, 2 types of mussels, shrimp and scallops. Butter, garlic, olive oil and some red pepper flakes. Side glass of sweet wine, sometimes a guy just has to spoil himself.  :sleazy: :sleazy:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys on the east coast get all the good seafood... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/12/22, 10:16:41 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lets talk anchovies.  lol  An old friend of mine that isn't with us anymore was a pretty classy guy.  He used to be a purchasing agent with a railroad so was whined and dined by people so he would buy their stuff.  One steak house they would go to always gave everyone an anchovie on a fancy little plate with their meal.  You would eat little bites of it during the meal.  SO he got some for me and once a week when we got together at his house for a nice meal he started giving me on too.   Well at first it was pretty tasty and strong at the same time.  Salty as all get out.  Well a month ago I got some.  Holy moly.  I forgot how strong they were.  I had one a day for about 3 days and then threw them out.  Was fun whilst it lasted though.  I am good for another 5 years.  This shopping trip I got SPAM, now how classy is that?   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I love anchovies, I always have a jar in the fridge. Nothing better than a sunny side fried egg with 2 anchovies and some capers on top. I also have a tube of anchovy paste in the fridge. When I make pasta sauce I always add a good squeeze of the anchovy paste and tomato paste when I start to sauté the garlic and onions. It adds a rich flavor and salt but doesn’t taste like fish one bit.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea no thanks on them anchovies!!!!!! :doah: and to think some people actually put them on  pizza!!!!!! :puke: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
One in a Caesar salad is good, but that’s about it.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
yea no thanks on them anchovies!!!!!! :doah: and to think some people actually put them on  pizza!!!!!! :puke: :rotflmao:
Onion, anchovies and extra bacon. Pizza of the gods.   :bow: :bow:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: you guyz on the east coast are wierd!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but you get some really good coffee beans!!!!! :happybounce: :nerd:

yea i was sucking up!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: you guyz on the east coast are wierd!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but you get some really good coffee beans!!!!! :happybounce: :nerd:

yea i was sucking up!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
If u think us on the east coast are weird then I just have One word for you…. Lutefisk  :puke: :puke:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea well i dont eat that either!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i catch my own fish to eat!!!! i wont eat restaurant fish either!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
yea well i dont eat that either!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i catch my own fish to eat!!!! i wont eat restaurant fish either!!!!! :happy1:
That reminds me I have some gills and crappies in the freezer from my last trip up north. Thanks Glenn I know what’s for dinner tonight.  :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

I usually won't either but I had some blackened Grouper in Florida and some blackened  Mahi Mahi tacos. Both good. Never had blackened fish before. Going to have to try that at home with some fresh caught fish.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We call this " world famous" !! Sausage, this is itlaian sausage, garlic, onions hash browns and 3 different cheeses. Along with PB&J.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/22, 07:55:27 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Glenn.  I like things like that.  Did you invent it?  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Glenn.  I like things like that.  Did you invent it?  LOL
nope.cant take credit for it.my brother intitially threw it together one day.........its been a staple since!!!!!

i just tweek it a little!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I may have to try that.
i think i found my new favorite cheese for that.....its a taco or mexican blend!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I may have to try that.
i think i found my new favorite cheese for that.....its a taco or mexican blend!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

those are great cheeses!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had that on scrambled eggs, ham, and onions on Sunday.  The taco cheese was good on it.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicky thighs marinated and baked in honey, soy, rice wine vinegar, garlic and green onion. Baked taters and 3 bean salad. Threw under the broiler for a few minutes to finish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman