Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489935 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kwik Trip—good for eggs, butter, milk, spuds, and bananas.
:happy1: That where we usually get ours down home too & Casey's is the most popular pizza as well.
« Last Edit: April 04/07/22, 07:56:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no kwiik trips in our area, but have used them in other towns..  seemed like real decent places...   just Casey's around here..  some like the pizza..  been to long for me to say yes or no...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Casey's flatbread (thin-crust) Supreme is our go-to pizza when we're in need of a quick 'za after work, baling, etc. They used to have a deal too where you'd save the tabs off the box & for 10 tabs, you'd get one free. Now they've gone to some app you have to dink around with so we don't get them as often anymore.

Eggs were $3.64 a doz. for large grade A eggs at Wagner's tonite. Better get used to it. They're going to be expensive for a while. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So not to justify the cost but I like eggs for breakfast.  It is still 30 some cents per egg.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was $3.49/doz @ WM yday for EXL.
« Last Edit: April 04/09/22, 08:59:11 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had two of them sunny side up on a nice bed of corned beef hash.   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
chicken bacon ranch lottza mottza pizza for breakfast today!!!   darn good too!!   just had a craving for breakfast pizza but didn't have one...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was $3.49/doz @ WM yday for EXL.

WM = glennmart???  :scratch:

Still have a half dozen of the $1.69 a dozen variety so see a fried onion, egg & cheese sammich in my future...😋
« Last Edit: April 04/09/22, 10:56:11 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have some  chili simmering away away...  used chorizo for the meat!!!  loaded up with some onions, colored peppers and the last of my frozen jalapenos.  smells good!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had bacon cheese burgers for brunch.  Had some Stittsworth bacon left.  That is good stuff.  Will stock up next week when we are in Bemidji again.  They have great meat there.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Made a fried onion & egg sammich w/cheese for lunch. A little variation on the original. Used horseradish cheese instead of American 🧀 Not half bad but not as good as I remember the ladies at the cafe making. Made with love I imagine vs. because I was hungry. Practice makes perfect tho. :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/22, 02:22:09 PM by Dotch »

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sous vide (Glenn) sage and balsamic pork chops. No knife needed!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You steal my serving platter??? :doah: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The house is starting to smell like a fart from the sauerkraut.  Has for a few days actually.  Tomorrow will be 2 weeks of fermenting.  May test some tomorrow.  Today I am going to get my new pot out and make some hamburger vegetable soup.  2 lbs of burger and then throw every veggie I can find in the house in it. I can eat it for days.  They wife eats if for a couple of days.  LOL

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Let me think? yup ,nothin better than the first of the year open water,cold open water,sunfish and a few crappies along shore in 12"s of water,screaming hot cast iron pan yesterday before the weather changed,boy were the fish active. (fillet's with onion soup coated homemaid tators) fish-n-chips.

Just good eater size....

« Last Edit: April 04/15/22, 08:12:54 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: looks good snow, but what you pay the Hmoung kid for those fish!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :mooning:

J/K!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Onion soup coated fries???   So dust them in onion soup mix?  Good idea.  Love that stuff. The soup turned out great!  Actually a stew cuz there are so many good thing in it. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When I do a venny roast or bear roast I put onion soup in da crackpot. Adds good flavor and makes a good gravy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: looks good snow, but what you pay the Hmoung kid for those fish!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :mooning:

J/K!! :nerd: :nerd:

LOL glenn,are you kidding,asians keep everything,"pek pek pogida..." just darn lucky they haven't found my secret metro shore fishing spot.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I do a venny roast or bear roast I put onion soup in da crackpot. Adds good flavor and makes a good gravy.
i also put it my venny neck roast, beef roasts and pork roasts!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Same here. That's dry onion soup mix. Comes in a box.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good stuff.  Here is the hamburger vegetable soup/stew.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,looks like a great stew or even breakfast,smurfy might like it as well.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: looks nummy........what you use for the broth LPS?????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Juice from the can of tomatoes, a can of beef broth, a dollop of Better than Bouillon beef and some onion.   Added some water to fill it up.  Other spices.  I should finish it tomorrow.  LOL  The wife is already tired of it.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I used some beef broth when I made that last batch of chili and I think it helped bring out the flavors!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wanted a jalapeno burger for lunch, didn't want to fight the wind and cold so dug out the 5 in 1 Cuisinart griddle and did them up that..  a bit of a mess to clean up but I got my burger!!!  got these at Cub's, first time so verdict is still out on if I get more...