Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489919 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the few eggs I didn't peel yesterday were just as hard to peel today and those yesterday...    :thumbs:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well the few eggs I didn't peel yesterday were just as hard to peel today and those yesterday...    :thumbs:
Meh......what else you got to do????  :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
finish making the tater salad!!!  and then get an egg bake prepped!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
finish making the tater salad!!!  and then get an egg bake prepped!!
hey dad, what times chow!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Eggs are kinda cyclical with only the two of us. We do pretty well for a while, buying as needed especially for pies & such. Then someone gives us a bunch and suddenly there's a glut, especially if we just bought some. We get busy & kinda forget about them sometimes too. Boiling eggs sounds like an option for us to explore. Frees up space in the fridge so the wife has more room for boughten jars of pickles. Just keeps shoving them to the back. Last time I cleaned it out I tossed 17 jars of the damn things!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A fella at work swears by baking eggs instead of boiling.  I've never tried it but he says they peel nicely, who knew.. Anyhow you can call me a smidge late fer texacan day but the toilet won't know the difference.  :happy1:  :rotflmao: good stuff!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
None of Barry's stool softener needed! :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat quite a few eggs.  Every morning it is what do I eat?  Eggs and sausage or cereal. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ate Chinese tonight. Chow mein!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good.  Haven't had that in years.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good.  Haven't had that in years.
we make it 5-6 times a year. we turkey or chicken meat. can put any kind of meat in it!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea.  Do you start with one of those kits or cans of chow mein and then add the meat?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea.  Do you start with one of those kits or cans of chow mein and then add the meat?
i think the answer to your question is yes!!!!! :rotflmao: there's the meat then she adds 5 cans of chow mein ingredients. 2 cans come attached to each other.  she adds a can of campells chicken rice soup, a can of mushrooms and a can of  the small baby corn.

i tried telling her, or asking it she puts onions and/or our home grown celery in it........all i got was a big NO......and thee old stink eye!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

it drives her friggin crazy when i ad lib recipes!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't hardly cook anything without adlibbing it neither.  I am making my lovely wife meatloaf for Mother's Day.  It is thawing in the sink as we speak. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awesome!!! No katchup?? :rotflmao:

Ok. So I'm sure you've told us before but what do you use for the gravy??? I'd like to have that around to use no and then.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This was one of those gravy packets but with Better than Bullion Beef added to it.  Was real good too!   You could put that bullion on  an old shoe and it would taste good. 
« Last Edit: May 05/08/22, 09:01:18 PM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mrs. Cheviot's 1st rhubarb pie of the season here. Guessing she'll want special favors as a result. :sleazy: She picked a bunch & cut it up for Auntie Mar Mar who recently broke her wrist. It's in a hard cast so her cooking has been curtailed somewhat.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks scrumptious.  Ours is just peeking through the ground..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet you don't need a pioneer knife to eat that!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I stocked up on corned beefs at St Pats time.  After mowing I have one in the oven.  We will have that with cabbage steaks tonight and the rest of it will be turned into ruebens the next couple of nights. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I have eggs hard boiled and tater boiling away to make tater salad tomorrow morning..  unless I do it today yet...  got a pasta salad to make tomorrow too.. going to put smoked chicken leg meat in that...  also have to prep an egg bake too, that's easy doing's there... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yer just a reglur Suzy Homemaker there mikey... :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never be that good!!   but with 2 days of company we got to eat and store isn't the same...  I did cheat on the pie... got one from a bakery!!!    :rotflmao:  I'm not a baker I guess    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Mike.  I got some spuds to make potato salad too.  I will work on it tomorrow.  Mike your company may never leave. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Mike.  I got some spuds to make potato salad too.  I will work on it tomorrow.  Mike your company may never leave.

oh now that's funny!!!  that won't happen!!!   I'd make them take over cooking!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: me thinks momma wants a little action  :smoking: :sleazy: tonight. :happy1: she brought home a watermelon. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

The older ones peel better means weeks older.