Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1488741 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So in New York City Spam is $4 due to inflation and some stores have to put it in lockable spaces due to it being one of the most likely things to be stolen.  ???   I had a can of it a few weeks ago so I am good now for a few months.  Ate it all except for one little piece.  Gave it to the dogs. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i might eat spam 0nce every 2 years. my wife likes it more then me.

theres a reason i dont bring my wallet or money to the store when i work!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: i walk past the meat section about 25 times a day when i work. i'd go broke.......... :rotflmao: me and meat counters have issues!!!!! :banghead: :rotflmao:

my kid gave me a $15.00 gift certificate for Von Hansons meats he won at a meat raffle. i stopped there yesterday........still had to fork over another 20!!!!!! :pouty: :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what happens to me too!!  when I was at Manea's in Sartell last time it was $50.00 worth!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what happens to me too!!  when I was at Manea's in Sartell last time it was $50.00 worth!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
maneas use to make some of the best smoked turkey there is. Haven't had it in a really long time. :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and I'll be back there after labor day!!!     :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Was nice and cool out so decided to fire up the oven and throw a beef chuck roast in. Taters and gravy and Mikey's favorite green bombs!!

Iffin ya notice the katchup bottle we are in emergency skimp mode!!! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even with a great gravy and touch of catsup is nice at times with a chuck roast. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How does everyone else make there gravy??

Me,. I used the water in the roast.  Add the potato water when there done, mix with flour and water mixed till thick then add kitchen bouquet. Then I strain it. Momma don't like chunky gravy, but I would in a heartbeat.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: had BLT's again. This time the bacon was from Von Hanson's. My kid gave me a $15.00 gift certificate he wasn't going to use. I bought a lb of bacon, 10 hot dogs and some old fashioned tater salad.

Bacon and hot dogs where damn good. Spendy but good. Taters salad not so much.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Von Hanson's is where we get our venison bacon made  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Von Hanson's is where we get our venison bacon made  :happy1:
had a friend give me a package of his venison bacon made there. It was really good stuff!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Chef boyardee box pizza doctored up with mushrooms, onions, pepperoni and Italian sausage!!

Good stuff Maynard!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll have to look for them altho they prolly won't be found in Bugtussle. Waaaayyy too spicy for Swedes and Norwegians and it's not white. :bonk: I remember the Jeno's pizza's we used to get that were made from a box. Not bad especially if doctored, especially with some of the things on glenn's list... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll have to look for them altho they prolly won't be found in Bugtussle. Waaaayyy too spicy for Swedes and Norwegians and it's not white. :bonk: I remember the Jeno's pizza's we used to get that were made from a box. Not bad especially if doctored, especially with some of the things on glenn's list... :shocked:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: dotch  :tut: there's a really good reason that food is on the list.........there non edible foods!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

yep remember the Jenos well...........wonder how many of them we went through??????

well Momma has been lets say more then just hinting she wants sketti...................so guess i'll be brewing up a batch of my "world famous" sketti tonight!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You sure she's not just looking for a way to get you to do some of the cooking? :smoking:      ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You sure she's not just looking for a way to get you to do some of the cooking? :smoking:      ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: ha.....i do most the cooking............. when it comes to cooking she's so damn spoiled and even admits it. she did do the pizza last night though!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
might have to get one of them, have not had one in a long time...

going to grill some burgers for lunch, so I'm caramelizing some onions to go with them...  fresh onions from a friend!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
might have to get one of them, have not had one in a long time...

going to grill some burgers for lunch, so I'm caramelizing some onions to go with them...  fresh onions from a friend!!!
Mike......i'm pretty sure they make singles also!!!!!!!1 :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: ha.....i do most the cooking............. when it comes to cooking she's so damn spoiled and even admits it. she did do the pizza last night though!!!! :happy1:
:scratch: Well, you better be nice to SOMEBODY.  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :confused: I'm nice to everyone unless they pizz me off. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You MUST be PO'ed a LOT!!!!!! :nerd: :evil:         :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made world famous tonight. Italian sausage, hash browns and cheese. Of course there's onions and garlic in there!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been thinking about twice baked taters.. late wife made them and really enjoyed them..  they don't appear to be hard to make..   

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/twice_baked_potatoes/

any one here make them??  any tips?? 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was hungry after living off a foot long yesterday at the fair so whipped together some stuff quick. Nuked the last package of last year's string beans while I was at it. Just as good as when they were picked. Lucky thing I had some cottage cheese... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just picked 22 nice green peppers off our 6 plants.  We have already eaten and froze some too.  Got burger thawing and we are gonna make a pan of stuffed peppers for supper.